How'd it go today?

If every customer was as good, if every tree was as small, if every job had the view, if every day had the weather. Was a good day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 43
Begeezly, how long have you been on that job??

Nice pic.

Different property. I have three long term jobs/properties and a ton of other yearly pruning customers. This was a new customer thrown in for a day. Im way behind, but things are good.

My hubby met a bloke at the tip the other day...scrounging for bits and pieces, they hit it off so we stopped by their place on the way home on Thursday so I could meet him and his wife. Checking out the very cool workshop, then in the garden admiring some big trees they have, trading stories about sailing and climbing (he is a shit hot rock climber, Mont Blanc and many others and even has a climb named after him) when WOW...the big eucalyptus they have in the back yard is SPLIT right down the middle and the crack is spreading and closing in the wind!!! They hadn't seen it.
We whipped a ratchet strap on it and threaded a manila (!) rope through the branches of all three leaders and tightened it with the truck...stuff he had in his workshop.
Suffice it to say we got a job for the very next day to take it down, cherry picker speedline and all my saws. That was yesterday, there was a lull in the windy weather we've been having, today it's raining and blowing like stink...got it done JUST in time.

Cool story, Fi. But NO pictures???? In a tear to get it done, I understand...happens like that sometimes.

Cool that you saw disaster looming (and they had no clue) AND that you were also able to make a quick band-aid patch and then mitigate the threat.

He may be a hot shot rock climber but I am sure you really got his attention with your hot shot work skills.

You be da bomb, gal.:D

For real Brian...it was meant to be.
Ok, pictures coming on the picture thread...

The damned Rooks have stuffed up my chimney again.
Fired up the furnace 2 hours ago, went to check on it, and the whole building was filled with smoke.
MAN!
After they did it last year, we put an anti Rook grill on top of the chimney.
Well, they couldn't nest in the chimney with that in place, so they just amused themselves with dropping sticks through it.

So tomorrow I'll have to climb up and get the mess out.
Be fun with one hand.

Change of strategy since the grill didn't work, now I'm gonna go all Jim on their litle feathered asses.

Like Assad, they went too far, now the reckoning will come.

Got in late last night from my road trip/ training session. Wanted to shower since we worked for 7 hours but all 3 kids were in bed with my wife and I didn’t want to risk waking them while fumbling around getting pajamas. Woke up early by 3 children that missed me pretty badly. The novelty of me being home has worn off so I want to unload my vehicle but it’s pouring rain. I might just chill for the rest of the day or I might go “clean the garage”.

The damned Rooks have stuffed up my chimney again.
Fired up the furnace 2 hours ago, went to check on it, and the whole building was filled with smoke.
MAN!
After they did it last year, we put an anti Rook grill on top of the chimney.
Well, they couldn't nest in the chimney with that in place, so they just amused themselves with dropping sticks through it.

So tomorrow I'll have to climb up and get the mess out.
Be fun with one hand.

Change of strategy since the grill didn't work, now I'm gonna go all Jim on their litle feathered asses.

Like Assad, they went too far, now the reckoning will come.

Oh, you big softie.

A nice, sternly worded resolution of condemnation is probably all that is needed to make them change their ways.

Got in late last night from my road trip/ training session. Wanted to shower since we worked for 7 hours but all 3 kids were in bed with my wife and I didn’t want to risk waking them while fumbling around getting pajamas. Woke up early by 3 children that missed me pretty badly. The novelty of me being home has worn off so I want to unload my vehicle but it’s pouring rain. I might just chill for the rest of the day or

I might go “clean the garage”.

Does that start with emptying a recyclable container?

Oh, you big softie.

A nice, sternly worded resolution of condemnation is probably all that is needed to make them change their ways.

I'll give that a shot tomorrow.
Problem is, while I speak Danish, American and German, Schwyzerd?tsch and can make myself understood in Norway and muddle through in Russian, I dont speak Rook.
So the bullet seems to be the way to go.

CS gas works, Stig.

Sitting here trying to figure out how to make a bandsaw mill tensioner and adjuster, on the cheap, with stuff I have, in a reasonable timeframe. My piano rebuilding buddy is looking forward to more milling, I have a place to put it on his property, once it's running, he has more room to handle logs.

Btw how'd you learn all those languages, where there a lot of lessons involved or did you somehow pick them up, or maybe both?

Mehrsprachige gut sprechen zu k?nnen, ist nicht ?blich. Hey, vielleicht, wenn dieses Baumschneide-Ding nicht klappt, kannst du der CIA beitreten und Dolmetscherin werden. Kannst du Muslime aufnehmen?

Riding out D's strep throat. Doing a lot of not-much. Slept with interruptions, in D's bed last night. I'd sneak out for a while, she's wake up, I'd go back in. Poor kid. She had to bail on a roller skating birthday party yesterday, that I was also looking forward to. Working on skating backwards.

Mowed the back lawn, with a reel mower, moving up to a 25 HP rider in a month, and a lot more to mow.

Going to move a couch and chair at 5, last of yesterday's load to D's new house...interrupted by D's quick decline yesterday during her unusual morning nap, and doctor's appointment. Chip trucks can hold a lot. D didn't think I should use the dumping feature to unload.;)

Btw how'd you learn all those languages, where there a lot of lessons involved or did you somehow pick them up, or maybe both?

Mehrsprachige gut sprechen zu k?nnen, ist nicht ?blich. Hey, vielleicht, wenn dieses Baumschneide-Ding nicht klappt, kannst du der CIA beitreten und Dolmetscherin werden. Kannst du Muslime aufnehmen?

I had English, German and Russian in school.

I haven't used my Russian much, except my best friend is married to a Russian woman, so I used to speak with her father, when he visited.
It is very rusty.

Norwegian I picked up when I worked up there, same with Swiss German.

Apparently one never completely forgets a language.
I hadn't spoken Norwegian for 35 years, when we did that cruise along the Norwegian coast last year.
After about 3 days, I was speaking with the crew without any problems.

I've always had a good ear for languages, and all the travelling and working in different countries, I did in my youth sure helped.

I got a call from the police today.
They had found the chipper that was stolen from me years ago.
Contrary to my belief, it was not exported to the former east bloc, but had only gone across the water to the main island.
So somebody is in trouble now:D

No, it was insured and the insurance paid for a new one.
So it belongs to them now.

Back