How'd it go today?

Yes unloading/loading saws each night is a burden we must all carry it seems, is it possible a minor you could kneecap with a small caliber?

seems over in the Philippines they are culling off their junkies atm

Interesting re phillipines. Kneecapping would be no good at all in this country. They would just collect disability. I'm confident Im already paying the thief to live via "Section 8" welfare, I don't want to pay him more cuz he can't walk.

Ha Section 8, that is a thread by itself. Loads of folks do everthing possible to get on the rolls of section 8 where it is known as "free living".

Good call, Raj.

Even though they don't give a flying f*ck about you or the rest of civilization, they are just out to f*ck sh*t up for their own benefit? Cmon step up to the plate, take one for the team, grab a bat and get creative.

I'd kill your thieves for you, just say the word. Maybe I'm immature, idk.

In all honesty its disproportionate, but that's just my opinion. The interesting thing about the Philippines is that its nothing but political grandstanding, in countries like that its the ruling elite that are the top end of the drug trade. Any one of those been executed in the gutter recently?

Idk, from what Im reading, the prez already cleaned up the town he was mayor of and now he is trying to do the same thing on a national scale.

This is South East Asia, I would be doubly skeptical of what any politician claims to be doing. Corruption is absolutely through the roof and there is massive drug production for the international market. Its pretty fukkin dodgy...

Apart from that much of the poorer labour force runs on amphetamines, chit would grind to a halt pronto if they cut the supply

Well, to be fair I have only had something stolen from me a couple of times.

One was a 5 dollar bill and the other was a .22. Both were in college.

The old neighbors got robbed a while back. I did have some terrible thoughts about those bastids.

Its one thing to steal sh*t, another thing to steal sh*t so a workingman can't work and neither can his employees. Let's not overanalyze, let's just kill. Send a message, solve a problem. He will steal again, unless.

Guy I worked with in Bermuda is Phillipino, he was very happy when the new Prez got in. Said he has a track record from clearing up his area while Mayor. Called in all the politicians after getting elected and fired a bunch apparently . He made no bones about the drug dealer killings, right from the get go. Harsh maybe, not our culture

Spent yesterday in town buying spares for my new (to me) chipper, knife bolts, belts, torque wrench, grease, dropped off all spare knives to be sharpened, already have a customer for chips! Hubby and neighbour adjusted the towing brakes, much better now.

We'll see, friend down he road, prob just ask for 20 bucks or so...need to get chips to begin with, people seem to be keen to keep the chips on the job.

On another note, our council put out an information flyer for a company they are endorsing to do elm beetle treatments, I do stem injecting myself, compared their prices to mine...I charge way less even accounting for product and equipment markups,labour and travel, and I mean a lot less! I can't do huge amounts of trees they have the edge for soil injecting large stands,but at least I can still compete for small gardens and specimen trees...

Hey Fiona that's great intel and that you can still compete but why is council endorsing another company. I complained about a council directing people to go with TCAA affiliated outfits, it was more to do with the wording on the website . They changed their website almost immediately and it reads much less biased now...

Well I think they have been inundated with requests for help from ratepayers so I can understand they were looking for a solution to deal with a large volume of worried people.
I do find people thinking we have Dutch elm disease, or completely convinced their trees are going to die...like now.

Its pretty bad in some areas and not in others, awareness has peaked in the last two summers, the bugs go mental in the hot conditions of the summer and drought. Elms are everywhere here so a visible pest gets a !of of press.
I certainly have some room with my prices!

No insurance, I'll pay for truck myself.

Im getting no responses re the question at hand. Death, or status quo?

After what I dealt/dealing with, in regards to law enforcement doing nothing, and what was taken, I'd kill a mofo if I can 'legally' prove it was justifiable. Here in good old CT you 'can' kill if in your home and prove being threatened.

I get up everyday to make a buck, doesn't mean you can't.

It's a strange thing. The stress makes you think about retribution for a dirty deed done against you, but then if you can catch the person, they might appear so pitiful and disgusting, it can sap your energy to do them physical harm. it's like why bother, they are already so completely fooked up. Not much pleasure to be had from the dregs of society, any which way.

It's a strange thing. The stress makes you think about retribution for a dirty deed done against you, but then if you can catch the person, they might appear so pitiful and disgusting, it can sap your energy to do them physical harm. it's like why bother, they are already so completely fooked up. Not much pleasure to be had from the dregs of society, any which way.

Funny you should mention that.

In my early twenties I was working on a farm in Israel, the scheckel had a daily inflation problem so we used to change our wages into dollars with illegal money changers in the larger towns as soon as we got paid.
We weren't paid a lot, $5 a day, so rather than spend a third of my wages actually going to the nearest town I gave the cash to a "friend" to change up for me (not an uncommon practice)
He didn't come back at the allotted time and it transpired he was blowing a month of my hard earned wages in pretty short time.
I'm not a small bloke certainly not by the standards of 30 years ago and he was considerably smaller than me.
I caught the coach to Eilat and plotted my revenge should I find him.
It's not a big town so after a couple of hours, there he was, propping up a bar. He saw me and his face dropped.
I took him round the back of the bar and he stood there waiting for the pasting he deserved.
I couldn't do it, what purpose would it serve? It wouldn't get my money back (I did get it back but that's another story)
I think if I caught someone in the act of stealing my gear I could muster some aggression, but in cold blood, faced with this pathetic figure, no way.

Soft Mick. Soft. :P

A post from a truck forum I frequent. Working for the weekend anyone? :

Tree Trimmer Dented my new Truck
I had a huge tree removed from the front yard. They started on a Weekend and I pulled the truck in to the garage as far as I could as it won't fit quite all the way in. They didn't finish and I told the guy not to come back till Tuesday as no one would be home Monday to pull the truck in the garage. I got home Monday afternoon and they were washing my truck off with garden hose and the tree was completely gone. After they left I see a dent in the side of my truck, looked like they hit it with the handle of a pole saw. Called they guy and he said he would pay for it.

Question is should he be responsible for the loss of value that I will incur as a result of having body work done or should I just eat it and make him pay the cost of repair?

Ran string trimmer about 4 hrs and cut up & moved a couple fallen trees this morning. Boss should be fairly happy...he was figuring hiring a crew for a day or two to trim around all the trees at the course...I'm about 3/4 done.

He had been using round-up around the trees, but I talked him out of it this year. And he wonders why so many trees are biting the dust...every birch on the place so far. Mostly Pine,spruce, & Locust left, with a few Maples.

Back