How'd it go today?

yeah, well he's in his upper 70's, can't find enough help, and him & the wife put in a LOT of hours. I think he was just doing whatever he could to catch up on things that needed doing.

I'm working 5 mornings, instead of three, all this month to see if I can help him get caught up on some things. Mostly stuff he just doesn't have time or physical ability to do anymore...tree trimming, reseeding, grass trimming. It's all pretty enjoyable for 3-4 hours in the cool of each morning. About the time it starts getting crowded and hot I'm heading home, unless I feel like playing 9...

Funny you should mention that..

I used to know this Iranian guy for a few years. He was a very hard worker, had a couple of jobs, one was operating a computerized lathe that took him into the wee hours, and he lived very frugally. He was sending his earnings back to a relative in Iran for safe keeping, which would have amounted to a very good sum for him with the exchange rates and all. It actually got him into trouble with immigration because the bank alerted the police to his wiring a sum of money out of the country regularly (as the cops had instructed the banks to do), and given what he was sending out, the police figured that he had to be involved in illegal drug trafficking, as many Iranians were at the time in the country. He was legit though about that, but the cops also checked into his immigration status and he didn't have proper working papers, so after tossing his room and being detained, he got the boot with only the clothes he was wearing. It was all part of a big pointless affair for him, because the relative he was sending the funds to back home had spent them all, something like five years of earnings. Poor Aska, he was a good bloke, a loose order of Muslim that drank beer.

Shop day today, good thing, very hot. Scrap yard run with the dump truck, checked dif levels, topped them up once I called ford dealer. Need a rear rear hanger for the driver side spring. Rotten in the bottom a bif. Only $46 cad...... if there was one in Canada......

It is a bearing support for the net wrap on my baler.

The little tit that I am pointing too was too short, but was cast as one piece.

So I ground it off and drilled it out. Cut the shank out of a .250 bolt and pressed it in.

A little dab of brazing rod to hold it in.

Screwed John Deere out of 300 bucks.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd, the big chipper went down... I have no idea. Ran fine yesterday and would not start this morning. Figuring a fuel issue... Digging in....
Seems like everything breaks in summer.

Had a small bass wood tree put me in a big pickle today. Had to be a low impact removal in a garden and the little guy inside me said test before climb, so I shot a throw ball in it and just pulled on the throw line and broke half the top off. So I ended up setting a lot of lines and ropes and blocks in a bunch of other trees. Had never done most of what I set up, but the end result was simply cut the stump, and block the tree as we lowered it. Everyone was super impressed and I was silently thinking "Damn, it worked" lol

That's the beauty of tree work, its a different puzzle every day. I once test pulled the line on a dead tree, same thing happened except the top speared through the customers kitchen ceiling.... The boss that day told the client they should consider themselves lucky and something about leaving dead trees to rot where they stand, fair call too

Does it have that little hand pump to prime it? I think it's called a lift pump. Anyhow that went bad on my old 1250 and was doing basically the same thing. Not sure what engine you have. Mine was a Perkins (84 hp?)
I now know what engine.

Back