How'd it go today?

That is an ex gear. Wonder if it is designed to fail in that situation, sorta like a fuse.

It has been raining here, so I have been at my reloading bench this after noon.

Working up some loads for the 25-06 Improved. Gonna try for a prairie dog at 500 yards.

Firefighterzero,

I love my 25-06 for prairie dogs. I use the Hornady 75 grain hollow point and IMR 4064 powder. I've never tested it myself, but the book says 3700 fps. Nothing like a prairie dog that suddenly turns into a giant red mist. I've love to spend a day with you at the dog town.

Joel

The valley I live in is a favourite route for the eurofighters heading back to the base20 miles away. The come low level from the sea. They are not allowed to go supersonic anymore, unless they are heading out on serious business - left me with ringing ears last time they headed out that way.

Nice day...cooler. got a couple locks on my trailer drilled out (lost keys). Now just have to find some replacement locks.

Just back from stopping over at a business where they party on Friday and asked them to stop with the constant explosions...didn't go over real well, just made it back into the yard and off goes another about twice the regular volume. They are about 100 yds or so from my house...rattles every window in the place. Wish they'd do that crap in their own neighborhood.

I can see where that gets to be irritating Dave. Sucks they can't have the decency to be decent. That would never fly where I live. And at our shop, the nieghbors will call the cops if we pull out fast enough to kick up dust. Even today I had the courtesy to stop up the road since I seen a big fancy party tent and ask what time the wedding would be tomorrow so I wouldn't be cutting firewood during the ceremony. Good luck with dealing with those guys.

Today went well enough. Finally raked up from a dead ash I dropped in my yard last week. Also loaded and hauled my old s-10 to the scrap yard. Since momma still isn't feeling the best I spent most of the day keeping the girls occupied. Going to try and get some sleep tonight and hit the grocery store before everyone else is stirring and make it back to have breakfast ready when they wake.

Dave, if they wanna make noise just set your amp up on the porch and strum that bass till they hear you down town.

Today I got called in to remove a bunch of walnut trees for a local crew, "let it run" was not getting through to them, so I zip lined almost everything. Home owner complimented me on "my understanding of angles and tree tricks" that made me feel pretty good. Company was so happy that I picked up another day for them tomorrow

Thanks Rich. I'm surrounded by businesses and put up with back-up beepers, outside sand blasters, air-hammers & ratchets, etc. all hours on all days & nights. I'm not opposed to regular business hour noise, or even some on weekends or nights, if it's necessary...but I'm adamantly against uncalled for encroachment on what little peace we get around here.

The big blast after I talked to them prompted a call to the local authorities, who will stop by and have a little talk with them maybe. Who knows...might be another war in the works here...fine, I ain't lost one yet...last ones that pissed me off ended up moving away after they got tired of dealing with the cops, DEQ, and drain commissioner.

Nic, :lol: some days I wish I still had all that big stuff...audio POWER!

OK, the story behind Nic's comment: I was playing one day on my back deck. Cop comes around the corner so I quit and asked him if someone complained about the volume... he said they didn't get any calls but he was trying to do his paperwork in the office (mile away in town) and my bass was coming in so loud and clear that he couldn't concentrate well enough to get it done...so if I didn't mind could I turn it down a bit? 8) I apologised and told him no problem and thanks for letting me know. I thought it was pretty cool it carried that well.

for those who like specs: I was running a 600 watt Seymour Duncan through four 15" speakers at 2ohms. Bottom cabinet was 2x15JBL in a EV reverse horn and top cab was a front loaded all EV 2x15 :D

Kids and their loud amplifiers these days!

Just got back from the County Fair. Night 2 of the rodeo. Kids liked it pretty well, I kinda try to miss the rodeo. Seen one ya seen em all type of thing. Wife and kids enjoy themselves though. Tomorrow night is Demo Derby.

Lynley did some mutton busting, but the ewe was lazy and set down with her, so no ride.

Lynley and Richard boy have some chickens entered in the open class. They get judged tomorrow, hope they get a ribbon.

Half way through the fair food. Only Sat and Sun left. Gotta hit a couple more stands and I will be satisfied till next year.

I still remember my first rodeo fondly, Jim.
The total WTF moment when the girl started singing the National Anthem and everybody stood up, took off their Stetsons and looked solemn.
For a Danish kid freshly come to America, that sure made an impression.
Almost got arrested afterwards for not wearing an entrance badge ( I got in the back way, hitching a ride with a bull rider, so avoided paying the entrance fee).
Turned out the cop had been in Copenhagen the week before , for his daughter's marriage to a Dane.
So I got out of that one ok:lol:

Rodeo! Boring to watch after awhile unless you know some people competing or are getting drunk, but bring on the team roping! Lol.

They had some pretty decent times last night.

I think 4 seconds won it.

The Monkey on a rope event was fun. Thats two guys on a horse that ride across the arena to a hope hanging from a telehandler. The passenger grabs the rope and hangs there while the rider goes and makes a lap around a barrel. He then comes back and the guy hanging from the rope gets back on with out touching the ground.
They ride out again as a pair.

Another peaceful Saturday at home avoided....:(

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/omygEDuN_xc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Peter, those same words passed through my mind at 10:50 this morning when they started.

Yeah, it's all pretty loud really. Race cars at the track a mile away are farthest in the background but can still be heard. The constant noise just under the guns and yells is a guy sandblasting outside at the fleet service next door, then this train stuff for about ten minutes every two hours for a few weekends in July courtesy of Coopersville&Marne RR.

The train runs 12 miles here looking at peoples back yards, then stops and they have a play gun fight they call "the great train robbery"...then they check out the junk in the back yards again and they are back where they started.

If you look close enough (and have a big enough monitor) you can see a "robber" or two walking around by the train.

It's about $15 a ticket, and they feature different things at different times of the year. It's a waist of tracks that run the rest of the way into the Big City (which they own all of).

Back