How'd it go today?

I'm pretty sure it ended up physically wearing me out-the stress of having to justify simple straightforward instructions, that although simple, could have disastrous consequences if not followed. That paired with a seeming unwillingness to follow them, essentially insubordination...

That's enough whining from me, the guy has a lot of strong points also- its been a learning lesson for me in terms "right tool for the job"...

Maybe he'd see it differently with him in the tree. Has he experienced it? Might help. Help him to understand, and maybe help him to shut his piehole.

Sean he's dabbled in tree work for a while now but hasn't climbed apart from recreational, he's decided that to be climber is what he wants and is now enrolled in the course. In all honesty he has what it takes both physically and mentally to reach a very high level-it will just be a bit harder than he envisaged.

Still too wet to mow anything at the course...finished cleaning up the trees we dropped and called it a day. Hopefully things will dry out a enough by tomorrow...

Cut a bunch of alder back off the river today, and winched big bundles of it our for pickup. Also go called down to a maple top that had collapsed on itself, years after a bucket truck "trimmed" it. Should have taken the whole thing down, 50 footer single lead branching into two dead secondaries. Right over our main entry point, and not a good time to rip out big dead sections of maple top, so we called it for the day after carving out all the loose deadwood.

I'm in schooling right now. Today is day five of a two week course I'm taking(six day weeks). Top score in the class on our first exam,(97%)a lot of 'code' stuff involved.

Not used to using the ole bean so much but good to know the BB is still rattling around up there and hasn't fallen out!

Way to go on the test squish.

today I am playing gardener. Either im pulling weeds or removing the plants so the weeds can really take off.

Raining and blowing a gale today...up to 4" forecast over the next two days...so sitting off doing nothing, resting, gives the shoulder a break. Three full days in the bucket truck just finished so ready for a bit of a rest.
Housesitting in a tiny cottage with a lovely garden, got a wee dog to mind as well, sound of rain outside, bit of classical on the radio...ahhh.

No, power is fine, just a strong cold front associated with a low on the east coast...we always get the tail end of your weather.
The cold front is sliding S to N up from the caribbean straight over us, probably the same weather tomorrow.

Good deal on the testing Squisher...what is this "coding" you speak of? My 10 year old son talks to me of coding...it is the base of the games he like to play.

10 hours of pulling weeds today, lined up a small tree job and another quick notch and flop for weekend work. And made an extra 50 bucks for killing 3 skunks and 2 woodchucks

finally mowed today at the course. I managed to be the one out of three of us (other two are the owner and a guy who's been there 5+ years) who didn't get stuck and bury my machine 8)

I think this will be a nice little job for retirement once I get my routine down.

Ha ha ha tree guy retirement, no gold watch, no office party, just a nice job to keep ya still a slave to the alarm clock lol. I really am happy for ya Dave. And thank you for putting off your retirement time to help me get going and for all the patience you had with training me.

Nic, it was a pleasure working with you. Just give a yell if you need the equipment we talked about and I'll find time to run it down.

Jim,:lol: I don't mow many balls, as the ball picker is on the front of the tractor, does a pretty good job, and is quite a bit wider than the mower on the back.

Back