How'd it go today?

I had this nice big Cottonwood to take pics of today, and the boss actually told me that I was O.K. to take a big top into the Slough. Well the boys came out, and what must I do, but shift into show off mode, trying to show off how fast I could torch that pig down. The upshot: no hinge pics (sloppy anyway) no pic of the nice splash of the top goin into the Slough. No pics worth looking at at all. Man I hate show-offs. :X unnamed-731.jpg

I'm back from setting fence for ( Or rather , against!) wild boars in Sweden.
6 days of workig 10 hours a day in some nice rocky terrain. It is amazing so much different the landscape is only a couple of hundred miles from home.
Splendid weather and some really fine relaxation time in the evenings.
We've known each other a long time and go good together, so while it was hard work, it was also a week of some good talks, lots of wine and good food.

The cabin were we stayed was used to impress customers, I think.
To remind them that it is owned by a vodka destillery while they hunt, everything was in beaten copper, intersperced with antlers and pictures of dead boars.
Not my kind of decor, but it was a fine cabin.
The castle sure knows how to make people feel welcome......just point some cannon at them.

While we were gone, the State forest accepted our price on their hazard trees, which I honestly didn't think they would, as we bid way high.
So we'll have to do some topping of sketchy trees next week.

Attachments

• P1040267.JPG
    P1040267.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 39
  • P1040270.JPG
    P1040270.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 38
I got kicked off while uploading pictures.
Here is the rest ( Hopefully!)

Attachments

• P1040272.JPG
    P1040272.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 37
  • P1040275.JPG
    P1040275.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 38
  • P1040278.JPG
    P1040278.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 38
  • P1040280.JPG
    P1040280.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 38
  • P1040282.JPG
    P1040282.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 38
Nope, got kicked off again.

Attachments

• P1040283.JPG
    P1040283.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 37
Don't give up brother... those pics are insane! Man, I declare sir, you live in the most beautiful place I have seen in a very long time.

Nice pics, but that dining table needs to get busted up or at least moved outside. :lol: All in all it does seem kind of odd decor in the cabin, a combination of leftovers from the big house and who knows what? (Can't take me anywhere or I pick the place apart)

I give up!

If I was having trouble posting pics at any site, I would post mine from an image hosting site.

For instance...

29v1fra.jpg

That wasn't from here.

Today I was so proud of my 2 year old, he caught 2 huge fish out of his grandpa's pond, fell on the cement and scraped the hell out of his knee, banged his head on the dinner table, and just before bed he picked a fight with his 16 year old brother. Ha ha ha ha I sure hope the world will be ready for him when he gets older.
Trevier sighted in his rifle today, all by himself. And helped me organize my truck for the upcoming week of work.

I'd be proud if any of them went in the Corp, he's probably the only one wild enough to make it though, the other two are kinda softer (not really bad, just not real "tough"). But I kinda hope they all take over this business that im trying to build for them. But wouldn't hold it against them if they sold it and ran with the money

Mother's Day today, took my mum to the coastal park for a walk, lovely sunny and breezy, beautiful walking on the rocks and in and around the old forts, then BBQ lunch in the garden then to the beach for another walk and some sun and sand...she made me go for a swim, she MADE me!
It was cold, but nice once I was in. Mum will be 80 this year, she makes some 60yr olds look tired :)

I took this woman's advise (except for the beverage) and gave this to Katy for mothers day.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zk6mnM78n8o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Drove a couple hours North to jam on some old country on the fiddle this afternoon. Had a great time.

Came home and baked up some chicken for eats this week.

Well I guess im heading 3 hours north tonight to climb for another company. I don't know if it's a good decision or not but it's work and I've been a little slow this year.

way to go on the fiddle Dave, I figured you'd be working a deal after talking with you lol

Back