How'd it go today?

Took the family out to Paint Lake to look at our seasonal camper spot for this year.
I love being surrounded by white spruce, scientists say they give off a compound with strong medicinal health benefits.
Notice the timbers strong south east dominate lean, beautiful timber to log as I cut in this very area for years .Manitoba's last old growth stands of white spruce. Also our provincial tree.

Attachments

• 20160319_151847.jpg
    20160319_151847.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 57
P1040135.JPG P1040139.JPG P1040153.JPG P1040155.JPG P1040156.JPG Mick, this is as far as I've got with gardening this year.

I killed the grass around some of my cherry trees, because they were showing signs of " Growing in a lawn and not liking it" and mulched them.
Spread composted horse manure in the veggie garden and afterwards it was warm enough to sit in the green house and enjoy, of all things, a Lithuanian beer.
I gave a big birch burl to a wood turner, and he gave me some Lithuanian beers as thanks.
The are actually very good.

I was having a chat with my boss dad and he said it is better to wear gloves when using a chainsaw compared to without as it reduces the amount of vibration that gets to the nerves in your fingers and reduces nerve damage. Been flat out with tree assessments and reports. Looks like I'll be busy for the next couple of months. Cheers Pat

A friend of mine called me up and asked me to cut some trees down around his pool. I'm a phone man, not a tree man. That said, after reading this forum for a couple years I've learned quite a bit. I dropped all four of them exactly where I wanted them. Four trees down, zero houses hit... Good day for me.

Well done, succeeding with the challenge. It feels good. :thumbup:

Stig, I like how your dogs are sometimes looking around to see wtf. Making sure everything is right. :lol:

Roped like maniacs today. A long practice. Many soaking wet horses. As the saying goes. Wet blankets make good horses. Had a blast even though the weather was only so so.

I'm pretty crappy still but making gains and seeing some improvements. It's a long road.

Geeze, Gary, the morgue sounds like a rough place!

I thought IKEA was cheap because you had to put it together yourself Stig?

Well, I am home now, got the top score in the Instructor class. Gave four presentations, I guess they went pretty well, got good feedback. All my presentations sound like rubbish to me though.

My last presentation was about 15 minutes, and a senior Engine Boss from over west wants me to send it to him so he can show his guys.

I guess I is a teechur now!

Shoot, yeah! If they are already clamoring for your stuff that is a sure sign you done good, boy.

Keep at it...keep your FF bros on their toes.

It is Field maple Acer campestre cut as a hedge.
Keeps the doggies out of the vegetables.

I run short on mulch for home use. I bid another job yesterday where they needed the mulch and its easier for me to leave. One pick-up and chipper job for two guys. Rarely do I haul mulch anymore. I did the other day, dumping it 200 yards down the road at another house.

Pruned long neglected fruit trees at home, and did a bit of this and that. The laurel hedge got the long bar treatment in the past, like these fruit trees did with a shorter bar. Both are the case of more work because the homeowners worked on it, first, in years past.

Easy day helping out a landscaper. Looked at this very dead Willow on the way back on a local golf course, it's finally dry enough to drive on there. It's going to make a hell of a mess when it hits the floor.

Pictures don't really do it justice, it's massive for a willow.

Attachments

• 20160321_143423.jpg
    20160321_143423.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 20160321_143411.jpg
    20160321_143411.jpg
    478.9 KB · Views: 39
Thanks, it's happened dozens of times before, I just need to see a bonecruncher, take some punishment and get on with it.
I have to wait till Wednesday though.

I'm the only climber, the casual guy can suit himself, the employee will be fabricating and welding around here for a few days.
It's not so bad I guess.

You ride a bicycle at all, Mick? It may or may not be helpful in your case, but generally quite good for stretching out your back.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5nIsa3NLWPY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Little lightning struck White Pine.

Back