How'd it go today?

Yeah, sorry for your loss Jim. Agreed, call situation, not text.

Don't trust text OR messages to go through flawlessly. ALSO, don't look at time something says it was sent or received as proof of anything. It is all a flawed system.

We went for a couple hours walk at goldstream provincial park earlier :http://www.goldstreampark.com

Lots of wild life, big trees, creeks, canyons and a mountain. Plenty different trails to explore. We went to check out a disused railroad track. Pretty cool, if not a little odd walking across looking through the tracks to the creek down below. I downloaded the first pic, the second taken by my wife....who didn't feel comfortable walking out there, which I don't blame her for.

goldstream-park-train-trestle.jpg 2016-02-14 15.16.10.jpg

Even on "unused" tracks, my first thought on a bridge is where to go if a train somehow showed up. Looks like plenty of room on the bridge to not get run over, looks like really cool place to check out.

Kinda disappointed that I did not go and see her. I asked my folks if my family and I should go up this afternoon and they said that we should wait. She was supposed to be making some improvements.

Only found out yesterday that she was sick, crazy. I would have went immediately had I gotten the bloody text.

We aren't a close knit tribe, but family is family. Aw well, tomorrow is another day!

Probably take the day off and holler at the kids. Going out for dinner in the big town over west to celebrate birthday's and such. Three of us in February.

I don't know Jim. How would getting there before she died have helped ? Wouldn't have saved her, mate.

Didn't take it that way at all! No worries.

Just thought it might have been a nice gesture for her husband and girls. She was un-responsive the whole time. Would not have known if I was there at all.

Its sort of weird, I would not want anyone coming up to see one of my folks if one of them were the in the same shape. But at the same time I feel bad for not going up to see my cousin's mom when she was dying.

Uh, what? You've always had the dashing good looks!?!?!

He looks like he could be real mean if he were mad, don't mess!!

Nice pic Jim! The pipe would be a nice add.

Got a call from a cousin I haven't talked to but 3 times in the last 30 years. "Katy is getting married here at the house in ten minutes...I'm calling to invite you." WTH? Did not enough folks show up with presents or something? It was only a mile away but I passed on going.

Buddy wrote me on chat to gloat about his being in Florida for a couple weeks...parties, jamming music everyday, etc...ended that conversation pretty quick too...He asks what have I been up to & such...basically told him I'm being a depressed, home-bound shut-in until Spring hits...he said "bye" ...I'm just not in the mood for it.

Gave my daughter her Valentine's gift and a card. Seems she was pleased. Then put the hammer down to town and picked up my parts for some power steering repairs. Moved equipment around and burned some what the was still in the trailers. Moved some logs and cooked dinner while I gathered some firewood. Amongst other things. Usual day off stuff.

Attachments

• tmp_16466-20160214_1057531514478005.jpg
    tmp_16466-20160214_1057531514478005.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 37
  • tmp_16466-20160214_114430-2088578019.jpg
    tmp_16466-20160214_114430-2088578019.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 37
Back