How'd it go today?

I finished cleaning up the 200t I was given after work. Took a while & I might need some new bushes on the Dremel soon!

Next step is to port the pot & clean up the piston

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 36
August, when you look at a job like that does it cause any tension? Not from it being a tricky job but because there are no shortcuts available, its going to be a pita, and the question is what price to put on it such that you can get the job without selling yourself short. Assuming you want that particular job, otherwise the price is the price and you don't care if you get the job or not.

This isn't a profound question, I know. We come up against this most every day. I guess what I'm getting at is wouldn't it be nice if you could do a tricky job like that by the hour.:lol:

Getting back to town from a pulse crop growers meeting. Not sorry I went but now I have more questions than when I started. Picked up a couple of hogs we had butchered too. Free range, sustainable, organic, rainbow shitting, ect.

Actually I have no bloody idea how they were raised. But I do have pork chops now!

Peter: Make it SING, brother. :rockon:

Mick: I'm liking where you live the more I see of the place. Funny how your English Ivy looks EXACTLY like ours.

August: Better you than me, in more ways than one. I can see the look on the lady's face now who owns/owned the greenhouse.:O

Small apartment complex removals all day. All you guys know how this goes... "Sir, we were just wondering if you might be able to move your car for us."

"Why wasn't I notified? :X !!

"Uhhh... kwee just notify you right now? :|:"...

unnamed-568.jpg

Not sorry I went but now I have more questions than when I started. !

I think that is one sign that you are onto something good. Its a journey:thumbup:

Rainbow shitting?? That is going to be some good eating!!

Btw, how do they kill em where you took them, do you know?

English ivy looks like that here too… I wonder if it looks like that in England.
The Germans gave us Volkswagens and the English gave us Ivy.

Jed: "kwee jus notify you now."
WORD!!!! Ha

August, when you look at a job like that does it cause any tension? Not from it being a tricky job but because there are no shortcuts available, its going to be a pita, and the question is what price to put on it such that you can get the job without selling yourself short. Assuming you want that particular job, otherwise the price is the price and you don't care if you get the job or not.

This isn't a profound question, I know. We come up against this most every day. I guess what I'm getting at is wouldn't it be nice if you could do a tricky job like that by the hour.:lol:

$2500, if I leave the wood on the bank and he puts plywood on his plastic roof. Additional money if I have to remove the wood.
No tension, once it reaches a certain PITA level I stop caring what they do with my bid.
I will burn the brush right there on the hillside so that I don't have to go over the river and through the woods to grandmothers house with it.

My life of endlessly questing for money by the sweat of my brow seems to be a series of challenging-but-decently-paying projects with simple things in between to distract me from total burnout. In the past couple years I have begun to price things better and have more fun.

:thumbup:

Will you burn up the brush right then and there, like, when the tree and cutting and raking is done, the brush will be all burned up, job done? I've never burned brush on a tree job, hardly burned any brush ever:|:

Depends on which way the wind is blowing. I hate getting smoked out when I'm trapped in a tree.
But yes, my intention would be going home with job done at the end of the day. There is a lot of other work there though so I might not burn simultaneous to climbing on that.

Nasty - much more damage?
Nearly finished the Frankenstein saw - mammoth clean up, then port & reassemble. It's made up of 5 different 200t/020t's & will be a happy man if it runs half as well as I hope. Fingers crossed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 31
Back