How'd it go today?

The Z was pretty plasticky alright but a pretty pure sports car as a hardtop coupe 6sp that I had. I sold it last year.

I'll never forget pulling some big second gear rubber out of it and getting pulled over. My daughter was with me like six or seven. The cop chewed me out for having a kid in the car and when he went back to his car to write up the ticket after me apologizing profusely I remember looking over at my daughter and she ask me, "What happens now dad?". I coolly replied, "Well, we go to jail". Lmao I'm a bad dad. When the cop came back with the ticket my daughter was still in full tears.

Well, Jim, more power to you, I wouldn't have believed you could get frozen ground so deep, especially this time of year.

I was surprised too Cory. Its not as tight as it could be, ground is pretty dry, but wet enough to tighten up a bit.

Like Justin our water lines are 6 feet. Should go at least 7 feet under a road.

Those fellows are lucky to have you Bermy. It would sure be nice to have a chainsaw pro in our department.

Raining and flooding all over California and we were no exception. Crazy Day.
Had a lot of running around to do before I went and picked up Dave in Fresno. Hwy was flooded right before I left and the rain slowed down enough for it to clear. We took no chances coming back up. I went the long way round to a different hwy.
We did not hit snow until 3000 feet. TIme for chains.
Dave left Tucson AZ for this :lol:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5EgLrSYr_SM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We have two chainsaw pros...Eddie the ex-faller and pro chainsaw carver...certified to fall trees on fire...I'll let him deal with that.
Coming to Oz I have to be realistic with my range of experience...dey gots BEEG trees out hur an sometimes dey on FIYAH!

hahaha....FIYAH....could be problematic as can big.

I assume those bigguns are eucalyptus? I have read of canopy fires in eucs....ever seen one?

Yep, most of the bush fire big trees are Eucs...fed by wattles and teetree and banksia and gorse...Some of the big ones have been burnt several times and are hollow, they turn into chimneys.
I haven't seen a canopy fire in person, but heard about it and seen pictures...scary.

The weather report said heavy winds and lots of snow/sleet/rain today, so we cancelled a nice moonlighting job.

The weather is clear, a bit foggy and with no wind whatsoever.

I feel like shooting a meteorologist or two:X

Starter on the s10 is not throwing out, just spins, had a great day to do it yesterday, but the shop was busy with paying customers. Today is booked, leaves tomorrow, just gotta do it in the rain....

So I go out to haul another load of firewood to the house and it's 45 degrees out .Good grief this is northern Ohio it's never this warm the first of January .The grass is still green .

No no, it's all good. Man has had no effect whatsoever on the planet. Nothing we could do about it anyways. Just keep filling up the car and cranking up the a/c.

Sure it is.
Energy-consumption-per-capita-2003.png

Bear in mind that hte reason Sweden, Norway and Finland are in the red group is that they have the world's best utilization of hydro energy.
Icelkand is dark red because they have geothermal energy.

The rest of the red states are burning dead dinos like mad!

Supermarket shopping with the wife this morning, pricing this arvo, customary bottle of champagne for me at 6pm.
My wife is having a dry January so I'm on my own.

Every time we try a hydro plant we get sued by someone. In fact they are taking out hydro dams.

Wind farms are seen as wasteful. Solar is seen as wasteful corporate welfare.

We support trade deals but pay no attention to the cutting down the rain forest so they can compete better. We blow the shit outta other countries, to save them.

Are we going to agree that people can work together to make the earth a better place, or just say we are a virus and thats it? The French talks seem to be about money more than the environment.

Who is going to decide who lives and who dies? Just white people who produce things? It is a fundamentally racist argument to say there is too many people, and not be willing to go float away on an ice floe to help the situation.

The politics involved in Climate Change are disgusting.

I mean if the solution is to end the Human race, well, lets get to it.

Okay, okay, sorry for the derail! Its 5 below here and I am sitting in my chair.

I am going to have to talk to the game warden today. We are part of a "Block Managment" program where the State "leases" our ground to secure it for public hunting.

Yesterday I found that some hunter had opened all the hydrants on my new pipeline. I found out because the bulls are out of water. They broke off a float and the tank spilled and spilled till it sunk the tank and froze up the tank where my bulls are. The other floats were frozen shut and the hydrants are now frozen and possibly broken.

Not mad enough to post the place, but I do want the Game Warden to know about it.

That sucks about the hydrants, why'd the hunter do that ??

Hunters are just like raccoons, gotta F' with everything!

Yup!
Couldn't have put it better myself.
We just got a message from the castle forests that we work in, that hunters have cut holes in a bunch of the fences we put up around new planted forest, to keep the G.. D..... deer from eating the trees.

Why? Because they are too lazy to go look for the entrance.

Have I mentioned that while I have nothing against hunting, I hate hunters ( The Danish variety, that is)

Back