How'd it go today?

It has been a shitty day here. I had to say goodbye to my mastiff/lab mix today. It's killing me that my 2 year old daughter doesn't understand and keeps asking when he'll get better. I did manage to go in and finish a take down mid afternoon. Then I walked a 5000' ROW that we need to start next Monday. Fifteen days to clear, grind stumps, and restoration. I did the bat tree thing on it this winter so I'm a little familiar with the property owners at least. Two crews and twelve hour days. I'm just in a bad mood

Sorry, Rich...I understand. I still miss my Lab/Chow who was the smartest dog I ever had...she was all personality, persnickety and a friend. My condolences.

image.jpg
Yesterday morning. The girls saying goodbye to him. That's about the best he's looked in two weeks. Spent the weekend carrying him in and out of the house. Layed with him Sunday night trying to comfort him. Thought he passed a few times that night. It sucks but I knew it would come someday. He was eleven. My other dog is 13 but acts like a puppy most days. image.jpg
Here's Chopper enjoying a break from the kids.

Yeah, bummer Rich. That's always a tough, tough thing.

Jim, no photos? Why didn't you pick it up by the tail and relocate it, ya know like Steve Irwin.

More ash slaughter two more semi loads today.
So I was leaving the job and this lady had traffic stopped and had her kids help a turtle cross the road and carry it into the woods. I stop and tell her to get her kids to the shower because they just walked, flip flops and shorts, thru a dense patch of poison ivy. No good deed goes unpunished!

Back