How'd it go today?

Both, I could use it but I'd rather sell it I think, make a few bucks and get a smaller unit. I do occasionally

Had a nice day today. Finished a job that was a muddy mess. Then went and knocked a hung up cherry down along with three dead ash. Finally a quick storm damage cleanup. Heading out to pack the camping gear and gonna disappear tomorrow morning for a long weekend.

Coolvest, check. Ogre, check. Truck filled to point of spilling chips, check. Hot today, not too bad, high of 92* in town.

Iron, Justin?

Iron Justin has a nice ring to it. Not heavy equipment Sean, more vehicles and power tools so far. My focus is vehicles, fixer uppers for the most part. Just a bit of a hobby that so far is turning a decent buck, I enjoy the deal hunting and the selling part too. Here one person can sell up to five registered vehicles in a year without having to claim the income(if any) off of it. So between my wife and I, that's ten, add in my best bud and his wife and now we're at twenty. I've got a nice shop and fairly complete tooling so it gives me an excuse to hang in the man cave. It's also been nice to go through something, fix and detail it, and then not take it out to a tree job and beat the sh-t out of it until it breaks again.

Cool you're using your shop, Justin...enjoying life.

Working on Acacia all day, then a friend popped out of the woods. I hadn't seen him for a couple years, and had wondered what became of him. He heard the noise and came out for a look. The guy built a house and lives nearby. He invited me over to see it. A nice tight little place in a real quiet setting.

Nice, no pressure, work on your own schedule.
Here more than 5 vehicles a year requires a dealer licence

Not sure what you mean. We will put house wrap around the entire wall of the house prior to siding. It will extend from the sill plate upward.

Lay the house wrap on the concrete with the edge matching up with the inside of the foundation, then the bottom sill plate on top of that, bolt down, build house, etc etc. When it comes time to wrap, you lift the draped housewrap up, tape it and further wrap house off that first layer. Kinda provides a bit extra moisture protection for the sill, slows insect movement, etc etc. Not common procedure up here either.

We had a bear in suburban SW CT last week, first time ever afaik.

Nice. You go there no and again? Maybe watch the good climbers....

Back