How'd it go today?

No kiddin', Butch? The zoo? Cool. Different.

Fighting the heat, and winning. Thanks Butch for the Coolvest idea. I wouldn't have lasted in the heat the last couple days, and wouldn't have progressed on this big job, preparing for another contractor to do the driveway construction project.

I'm shuttling the chip truck full of wood (thanks Ogre) home from the job site, 2 miles away. I'm cooling my Coolvest packs in the kitchen sink, with jug of frozen water. That seems like the ticket to me. Freeze water bottles, use the bottles to cool the Coolvest packs, drink melted water. Lather, rinse, repeat. Helps to have a chest freezer. 2 minutes from now, I'll be pedaling back to the job for my pick-up and a trailer of dirty debris, leaving another trailer for more odds and ends of wood. Oh, yeah, it 91*, for this zip code. Steamboat is cooler than it is a few miles east on the next peninsula.

Coolvest, paid for, and it isn't even 4th of July.

. It's also been nice to go through something, fix and detail it, and then not take it out to a tree job and beat the sh-t out of it until it breaks again.[/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth:lol:

I am at a wedding in Louisville ky been here sense Wednesday and have two more days of partying. Indian wedding s are tyring. I just hope I can delay leaving until Monday so I can stop at treestuff on the way home.

I was breathing mosquitoes. They were insane!

throw line was a mess and I just stuffed it, desperate to get up in the breeze. . .

Those treestuff stetchy thingees are definetly good against bugs in the woods.

We had a hella thunderstorm roll through last night, also. It messed up the annual firework show!

Not sure if there were more lights from fireworks or firetrucks and ems here....sirens were going nearly equal to the explosions...

I'm humbled by all the celebration & such in prep for my birth day but I think everyone goes a bit overboard...I'm just another person...

Back