How'd it go today?

3 hours dodging wires w/wood today for timbertramp...made a stump & left a mess.:D

Nice 58f or so. little breeze and a sprinkle....all good.

Big pine job cancelled completely. Safety parameters were just too close for my liking, forced into a two day window for scheduled power outage, weather forecast for today and tomorrow: rainshowers with isolated thunderstorms, wind 15-20 gusts higher in showers, clearing this afternoon, then another cold front moves in on thursday with more of the same
Three 80' pines, one with a double top, about 40" DBH at the base, not my idea of a no-problem job in iffy weather.
Live to cut another day.

Weather was as forecast, so I did the right thing.
Just managed to pass it on to my friendly competition today for a 'consideration'.
The client will get the job done in four to six weeks time by a pro outfit.

Wise words Chris :thumbup:
Dave has headed out. Left yesterday evening. Gonna miss my tree brother. Even Levi shed some tears.
Some good times were had and memories made. Got a load of work done...... Taking a day off to chill...

Great to hear it went so well Stephan.

Taking several days off here...just to recoup a bit before the fall rush. Might grind a stump today but then free 'til next Tues. We are about caught up and incoming work is slowing down a bit in anticipation of the Holiday coming up. My body can use the rest.

Sounds like you have fun & were productive Stephen. Cool 8)
I'm sat about the house going slowly crazy. I managed to put my back out 10 or so days ago, so I am struggling to do anything I enjoy doing & of course cannot work.
At least I'm catching up with some threads here & getting some books read.

Eh, take care of that back!

Get some physio, do your core exercises...I manage to keep mine under control with core strength exercises.
Hope it improves soon

I'm sat about the house going slowly crazy. I managed to put my back out 10 or so days ago, so I am struggling to do anything I enjoy doing & of course cannot work.

Back problems are bad, quick recovery.

Chiropractic work, including IME extremity work, is about re-aligning. Massage at the same time can help with resetting muscle tension, which sometimes helps to pull things out of alignment, and probably puts additional compression on discs compared to an average back.

I need to get back on my inversion table. My back is tight. Slight traction and time to chill out. Hard to multitask while you're partially upside down. I don't go fully inverted, typically, too much blood pressure in the head for me.

A hydrated body is more resillient.

Thats too bad Pete. Rest up, and drink plenty. I wouldnt trust anyone to mess with it though....at least, not if they're charging you. In my brief experience of chiros and osteopaths they just tried to prolong the whole thing as much as possible. Like blind men fumbling around in the dark, at my expense. I wised up the that BS. I know lots of others who've used chiros also....they forever going back. Go figure.

Had a fairly good day...for the first hour. Then a big chunk took a wild swing...rope was pitchy and wouldn't run...swung back around and smacked my foot, busting my big toe like a grape. Pretty sure it and its neighbor are broken. Finished the tree, got home, showered, splinted and taped the toes, and got a call to go get a tree limb off a car. Oh well, it got my mind off the toes....

Lordy!

It's true, chiros want you to come back forever. I always just stop when the pain is gone.

A chiro that wants you to keep coming back is a business man, not a medical professional. That's straight out of the mouth of my orthopedic surgeon that was also a chiropractor earlier on and still endorses chiropractors in some instances. If you aren't getting lasting results, other options must be explored. That's my take on it.

Damn, treesmith, that sounds bad, the big toe does a lot of work. Heal up quick pal.

Back