How'd it go today?

Guys hurting, that sucks.

People having bad physical habits and not taking care of themselves the way they should, occupational stresses, it might be why regular visits to the chiro are needed.

When my foot was crushed, I didn't sleep for 2 or 3 weeks. I was hallucinating like I'd dropped windowpane...

Guys hurting, that sucks.

People having bad physical habits and not taking care of themselves the way they should, occupational stresses, it might be why regular visits to the chiro are needed.
I'm just not convinced it actually fixes or re-alignes anything with a long term effect. Its like excersising for just half an hour a week, month or whatever. You're not gonna see any benefit, other than perhaps feel a little different on the day and perhaps morning after.

Sorry to hear about your mishap treesmith.

Sorry to hear you suffering through that Pete. Hope you can get some relief somehow.

Took the Vermeer BC1000 back to the rental yard a day early. They gave me a discount on the weekly rate. Nice of them.
We have decided that a 12" chipper is a tad too big for our needs. :|:
Nice to put little trees through, but really just too much chipper.
Probably going to check out a Bandit next. Probably something in the 9 inch variety.

I disagree, Reg. Chiropractors have their place.

The exercising analogy doesn't fit, in this case.

I disagree, Reg. Chiropractors have their place.

The exercising analogy doesn't fit, in this case.

That'd OK mate. We can disagree. They won't be getting my money any time soon.

I'd go along with a physiotherapist on a salary. But a chiropractor on commission....no xray, all that bone crunching stuff. Nah.

I go to a chiropractor when there's a problem, if he gets it's right, crunch! Instant relief, back to work good as new.
Honestly I couldn't do this job without them. Although they sometimes need bullying a bit to go harder!

Thanks all, I am improving slowly but surely .

I have had some treatment from a Pysio, which I do prefer. The whole philosophy of them teaching you how to treat yourself sits well with me. Along with there less traumatic physical treatment.
I tried the chiropractor for my shoulders years ago. He popped stuff back in place only for it to move again a couple of days later. It turned into a painful & expensive cycle of treatment that I am happy to be out of.

Tree smith that sounds very painful. You have to be a bit carefull with your big toe as it is responsible for a lot of our balance & dexterity in movement.

Here's my take..... Why would someone let someone crunch their back without an MRI or xray beforehand? What if you have a serious problem? Serious problems aren't cured by some guy bear hugging you and cracking your joints. Otherwise you wouldn't have knees and shoulders replaced and operated on.

For me it works. Simple as that really, I've been down the regular exercises route, the X-ray/cortisone route.
We talk about it as if all back problems are the same.
The issues I have are specific and are easily sorted by a competent chiropractor.

Some chiropractors take x-rays, I think. I don't see anything bad about temporary relief, if habits are such that you need it. A kind of physical maintenance thing. If you can afford it. How many people with bad posture and such are able to correct themselves for a long term benefit, probably relatively few.

My chiro did a full exam before adjusting me the first time. He took several x-rays.

I think much of my lower back pain is a byproduct of the falls I've taken, toting shingles up a ladder for years, (pulls the pelvic/back muscles out of line), and sitting on a roof nailing on for 17 years.

Sitting on a roof nailing can be tough because you are always in the same position, heavily favoring one side, you can't switch it to favor the other side to balance things out.

Anyone here had broken toe issues before? I'm curious to know how long it'll be before I'm fully mobile again. I can walk but with a pronounced limp.

Sorry Pete, TreeSmith. I know what it's like. I had six months of my work life pretty much ruined by my back going out. And I limped for almost 2 years with a big toe injury. Cut it almost clean off right at the base with my 034V. After they sewed it on and put nylon in that tendon on top. It healed up okay but jogging, trotting, running, anything but limping was out of the question for about two years. Sounds like a ridiculously long period of time but that's how it was. I was still a very nimble climber though. In the air I was free on the ground I was caged.

Those broken toes are gonna bother you the rest of your life. Welcome to my (and Jerry's) world - it ain't no fun at all.

I've never had a chiropractor work on me w/o x-rays first, then showing me the problem.

August,
Our ability to walk is severely compromised if we don't have use of our toes for balance and stride control.
That reminds me of a treeman 'David' out our way who ignored the signs and symptoms of Lymes (he figured he'd treat it himself...) until he had developed some neurological deficits - affected his ability to walk. A crane operator knew that I knew him and asked what was up - he had been at another friends job and they asked him to lift David and put him into a tree beside where they were working that needed to be pruned. Crane man said David flew like a bird through the tree but could hardly walk on the ground. Said he had the biggest smile on his face, too.
That was the last tree he was up... died in an auto accident not long after that.

they asked him to lift David and put him into a tree beside where they were working that needed to be pruned. Crane man said David flew like a bird through the tree but could hardly walk on the ground. Said he had the biggest smile on his face, too.
That was the last tree he was up...

Cool story! For sure, the climb line, wielded by the right, highly experienced individual, can serve as at least one extra limb and make up for a climber's bad leg.

Treesmith. Whoah. That is serious. You better go easy and do what you gotta do to heal up. Good luck, you got this!

Back