How'd it go today?

But you were using them when you surrendered to the heat no? And all those years and decades before you had them you survived without?

I'm already employed in a completely differently industry. I'd say what, but the last time I did it had (NeTree) grave consequences. It's not near the money, but I'm in AC and the job is easy peasy. I always knew this day way coming, I've no problem with it. I'll still do treework, but only on my own terms. I have a 1/2 dozen live oak trims, just waiting for the cool down. Hell, I'm 4 years away from collecting SS!

:beer:

I'm not selling my gear anytime soon!

Two ash with one I got a sweet haircut and a shave.
Later in the day two dead Poplars no one in the city wood touch cept me. Sloe and steady wins the race . Happy to be alive

Attachments

• IMG_20140811_155849.jpg
    IMG_20140811_155849.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20140811_154638.jpg
    IMG_20140811_154638.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20140811_160602.jpg
    IMG_20140811_160602.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 52
I wish I got video of one of the leads splashing.
Going to bed with the stink of cat piss in your face and nose is the worst reminder of the pigs of the day.
Our Poplars stink bad. Yours?

Looks like I'm going to lose out on a last big job before heading back to the Southern hemisphere.

Had a huge (for me) removal job lined up for a month, required the Electric company (Belco) to shut down a neighbourhood, day care and a post office, the two day window they gave me was Wed and Thurs, nothing but fronts and troughs rolling through with 15-20kn gusts to 30kn and rain forecast for both days. I've just cancelled Wednesday. If I cancel Thursday it's a whole month more for Belco to arrange the outage, letters have to go out to the households and businesses, so I won't be here then.

Trees are 80' Norfolk Pines, three of them, touching the power lines, had a crane, high lift, groundies all lined up...shit.

Typical, now I'm second guessing the weather forecasters, I HATE this feeling. Of course the days either side of the window are fine. I'm going to see if I can pass it on to a competitor, see if he'll do it for the same bid price and shoot me a little finder's fee...

I am bugging cool vests next season. High forecast for 98 yesterday, only got up to 96. July had heat delays.

Why wait? You could order today and have it by this time next week. I bet a nickle it's still gonna be hot.

My dad stayed doubled over for forty years worrying about the weather. Sorry to hear your trouble Bermy.

I hired my winter wheat swathed down because it got too weedy. It will dry in the swath and I can pick it up with a pick-up header I borrowed from a friend.

Now that it is swathed, the forecasters a predicting thunder storms for the next four days!

Ha, you know what I mean!

I really hope I wake up to a cracking thunderstorm and lashing rain tomorrow morning...

Going into day three on a thinning job. Dave has been felling like a mad mofo :lol:
Exactly why we rented the BC1000. We started chipping all the slash and small wood. Probably about 20 plus yards after 6 hours.
We had to do some hillbilly yarding with the truck and a high placed pully.
Fill the landing up and chip it into the woods.. repeat and repeat.
See how impressed the customer is once we finish cleaning out this section and then we can start another job before we get back on this one.
Should be a little sticker shock on his face when he gets 3 days of billing :lol:

Found this Lil' gem on the the map, thought Ive give it a shot again, gotta look hard to stay on trail if you call it that, about a mile down with lots of switch backs, poison oak and skeets.

Small day pack and side arm for the bear or mountain lion surprise.......or rattle snake

underwater pic, saw about 15 of these litte buddys

I always have snake shot on first cylinder of 44

Back