How'd it go today?

Isn't the sycamore the largest diameter broadleaved tree in the country? There's one in Sunderland, MA, that's over 9 feet, I think it was. That one is awesome!

Wow, quite the tree!

Celebrated my birthday working today. Climbed & removed a Silver Maple, cleaned it all up, ground several stumps at multiple neighbor's houses, "bout 11 hours today. Time to rest...:sleeping:

A number of months ago I took down 3 cherry trees, the home owner (Old Italian) kept every last twig, chipped it, placed them in barrels, he was going to dry and then soak in water for his smoke house. A few sausage producers in my area are always looking for any fruit tree wood, for their smokers. I know of one wood fired pizza restaurant, he's always on the lookout for fruit tree wood as well.

My girlfriend loves the "smell of Christmas" so I'll save some chipped hemlock for her....well... I just empty my boots out on her floor, but it's the thought that counts......

Cherry is excellent Raj. I've also used pecan, hickory and oak but never tried pear. I've always heard any fruit or nut bearing tree makes good cooking wood, I guess we'll see.

Chip truck and chipper all ready to head out of town tomorrow.

Went to move Pick-up this am and ABS light is flashing and can't get shifter out of Park. :X Guess I'll deal with it later this week when I'm closer to home.

Lazy Sunday here. Watched the F1 race on PVR, breakfast, had a buddy over for the boy, made them pancakes and fried Spam for lunch, fiddled online, made a quick video for Youtube, now here. Gonna fry some fish for supper soon. Back at work in the morning!

Nice, you sharpen them yourself? What do you use? I have a guy that does mine, for the trade of the odd bit of treework and he lives 2min from me. He sharpens knives at a mill for a living, so mine come back as good as new.

Yes, I sharpen them myself.

I use a 4 1/2" grinder with 50grit disc on rubber backing pad, works great, take your time and dont get em to hot and loose temper....I go through one 50grit disc for a set (4 knives) very cheap.

I sharpen one set about 2 times, then I take them in to get ground to get angle/taper correct again

no for everyone, but its how I do it ;)

Well that sucks. Are you sure you were holding your mouth right?

Held it several ways and tried several "magic" words and phrases.

If I turn the key to the on position I can get it into neutral and then start it and all is fine, but no go if I start the engine first. I'm thinking there is some kind of safety switch between the brakes and the gear shift?

Supposed to rain later this week so will probably take it in then.

Super tree, no idea how big it was till you stood next to it!!

Pear should be ok for cooking/smoking, we use peach and cherry.

Well we got the big cottonwood down today. Took two loads of logs out so far. One last little bit of stuff left to get tomorrow. Picked up work at a couple of neighbors places though so I'm happy about that. Fiddler sure made that big tree look easy.

Might have looked easy Nic, but I think I was cussing most of the time I was in the tree.:lol:

Nice to see you posting a bit!

Back