How'd it go today?

Nice Page!

I thought I was done earlier today...got a storm call. Lead broke on an Oak and was on Two service lines (one had only one hot still conected) and cable, over a fence still hanging from tree. Secured limb, took down cable and called Elec. Co. They were there in an hour to take down the wires. All went well but I'm a bit bushed now.

Nice. My day started with a 3hr late start die to Ho leaving the gate locked. Still managed to put em both on the ground. Used the bucket truck for the first time in about 8 months
ny3ybasu.jpg

sumupedu.jpg

neqy6u7e.jpg

vy5amupa.jpg

Got up late today Due to working 'til 11:30 last night. Got a crap load of needed running around done then hit the job about noon. Let timbertramp climb today...first time he has climbed with me on the job as groundy...Did a pretty fair job and kept me busy on the ground. I think he wanted to be faster but I had all I could do to keep up and he wasn't burying me to bad so I thought the speed was fine. I'm always more concerned about how correctly and safely things go than how fast they happen anyway.

Picked up pick-up on way home; now has all new tires & wheels.

Something had to be done about this little menace of a white pine out at one of the camps up here. Only accessible by boat. The photo of the stump kind of tells the whole story. . . I forgot my little saw too, which turned out to be a big mistake. In my mind the rigging tree wasn't such a mess.

DSC03882.JPG

DSC03893.JPG

DSC03878.JPG

DSC03881.JPG

DSC03883.JPG

DSC03884.JPG

DSC03889.JPG

DSC03891.JPG

DSC03890.JPG

It didn't fall to the hinge at all, as soon as I started the back cut it just crumbled. The sketchy part is, the whole barrel was solid. I guess you would just put the people you don't like in that tent :/:

DSC03897.JPG

Jamming Audio Slave on the way back. . . 8)

Finally got around to welding up a home made mini-mini portawrap for use in the tree with some 7/16 inch solid braid rigging rope.

10462551_10154374853285492_2328100755360274521_n.jpg

YUP!
wicked nice guy. Probably too busy romancing these days to put any thing together :lol:

Just sold some more work today being home sick I better do something. Phone had about stopped ringing for more than a month. So I picked up the phone and sold some. Now Calls are coming in from Google....
Granted I hate trying to be coherent with a good fever... but a mans gotta do.......

Why so seldom, Joel?

Only 55 ft of reach reason one, reason two I'm more proficient as a climber. Reason three I can't drive two trucks. It may change some with a new commercial gig it will be well suited for that. I have contemplated selling it a dozen times but it owes me nothing and keeps a image of sorts when folks know you have one.
Did a long standing live oak near petrification status stuff gets hard when left till grey.

I sharpend 2 sets of chipper knives for the bandit 90.....good to go for awhile till I chip rocks again :cry::|:

even on a clean lawn I seem to chip rocks! lol

Nice, you sharpen them yourself? What do you use? I have a guy that does mine, for the trade of the odd bit of treework and he lives 2min from me. He sharpens knives at a mill for a living, so mine come back as good as new.

I was the schmuck boss/groundsmen today. We did two firs today on a steep bank. My main man limbed 'em up topped 'em out and then we used the one spar as a gin pole which worked awesome and then the 1st piece on the 2nd tree that was negative blocked I had it to tight on the porty. Rocked my guy, bigtime, tooth loosener. I felt like such an ass. Still do.

Back