How'd it go today?

Yeah buddy! Me and Bub woke up late, I took him to daycare after a small breakfast, I rans some errands, got a haircut, made a couple videos for my channel, did some groceries (without the wife along) picked up some free firewood from the lumber yard now off to get the boy and make us some supper. a grand day for me. Tomorrow we have exactly nothing on the block, mom is working and lots of stuff is closed for Canada day. BBQ and hanging out will be the order of the day I believe.

Spent the better part of last week and all day today puzzling out windfalls off our trail network. Lot of hiking interspersed with bouts of furious cutting. Later, in the back yard, I played around with setting up a speed line. More of the same tomorrow, I'll try and post some pictures of the area.

speed line.jpg

speed line 2.jpg

speed line 3.jpg

Any thoughts/comments on speed lining? haha

Hope you all had a good day. Grendel out. 8)

Tandem sheave pulleys sometimes work better , as the rigging line doesn't twist the pulley on the line, binding the pulley cheek plates onto the line with retrieval.

That looks like Chinese algebra!!!

Surprised me that you don't speedline stuff, Butch. Maybe dragging labor costs are cheaper than paying you for more set-up time on a labor saving technique. If I'm going to have to rig down, I think about speedlining away, and crash landing with an uncontrolled speedline closer to the chipper. We have lots of obstacles under our trees. A lot of cut and guide into a hole, not always a ton of rigging. An open lawn is a nice change of pace.

I speedline, but only because of some obstacle impeding me from standard roping. Dragging is rarely a problem, especially using a mini-loader.

Knocked out stumps at couple places & got paid up on everything, made a few calls, answered some emails, and done for the day.8)

Going to be pretty busy with music the next few weeks on top of work...Bluegrass shows on banjo the next two weekends and rehearsals before both, One or two more times getting together with the Jazz/Blues group on Double Bass to get ready to record sometime in the next few weeks.

When speed lines work, they work awesome. Tree on top of hill, planting underneath. I self lowered. Boom Shakalaca.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 49
Don't use me much but good. I like the smoothe one side grip other side the best. The others are a bitch to slide on top of each other. Although today I put one back on the truck and it slid like butter. I heard there is a way the two grip sides slide best, but haven't figured it out. I'll take note when I take then off and see how that happened.

Don't use me much but good. I like the smoothe one side grip other side the best. The others are a bitch to slide on top of each other. Although today I put one back on the truck and it slid like butter. I heard there is a way the two grip sides slide best, but haven't figured it out. I'll take note when I take then off and see how that happened.

How much money do you have in those 10 mats, if you don't care to share ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pic, Mr Boom Shakalaka….

Yeah those mats do slide better one way than the other due to alignment/symetry of the cleats, I just figured it out last week:/:, you can tell by looking at the cleats.

Grendle, looks like Gods country,

If I can figure out how to put videos up from my iPhone I'll show u the clip where we almost took out a window

Back