How'd it go today?

wow Stig, glad your still around to tell the tale.

The big snow that the scare-mongers predicted never happened. Think we got maybe 2".

Took the mini out and cleared the rest of the drives and a couple neighbors mailboxes. my Sisters drive was a good foot or more deep and at least 2' at the road from the plows going by. I got it half done and her boyfriend comes out in his shorts & flip-flops (bitching to me about winter) and moves his truck to a cleaned off spot, then walks back into the house. Never shoveled the steps. I did that & salted them (again).

I don't mind that he's a lazy fart but if something should happen it's nice if first responders or the local foundation savers can get access to the house.

Sounds like a sweet summer vacay.

I didn't fully read the link, yet. How tricky/difficult are the climbing sections?

I know, called ranger station and they said in was severe drought......which means have carry shipload of water.
Not technically difficult climbing, just a mere 8 miles of it all above 13k.

Anybody got connections in bishop?

Stephen I hope you heal quickly. Stig I glad your alive man! I have been sharpening chains all day by hand. I kept putting it off finally got about a dozen sharp. Cleaned and prepped 3 saws, did a few things around the house. Two jobs to look at for tomorrow!. Work had been slow here for me and it sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does it slow down in the winter there when you don't really have a winter there?

It's even a little slower in Los Angeles (the OTHER LA)

We are staying booked up 3-5 days out. I hate it. I can relax when it's 2 weeks out

love
nick

Why does it slow down in the winter there when you don't really have a winter there?

We have a winter, it's just a Louisiana winter. Just enough to frig things up, plus it's a recoop from the holidaze. Nov/Dec/Jan SUCK!

Bayou people stay inside when it's considered cold here. Also Mardi Gras parades start this weekend and that can make people want to hold off until the partying is over. This has been a real slow start this year for everyone down on the Bayou :/: Nick I would be thrilled having 3-5 days lined up. I plan to get something going tommorow. If not I may have to go where the work is happening if I could make it worth the trip.

Welp, today is starting off great.

I just slid down the porch steps with a saw in one hand, and a full cup of coffee in the other. Guess where the coffee landed?

Back