How'd it go today?

Aye......been focused on other things .....but this was a beast I figured you would enjoy seeing

Canadian start at 6 degrees.....I look like the Michelin man cuz I have a down jacket and three layers of long johns on

Boooger freezing cold that day

Fwiw....total trunk weight was 37900

Yah thanks for sharing. That's a monster for sure. Cold day to have that all lined up for.

I see you're still posting pirate talk eh!

Lol.

Was thinking of you when I lined this job up last summer. Rescued two hives. Last pic is me with the happy beekeeper.

utuba9yn.jpg

ubuzuhuj.jpg

Nice work.....lost all ten of my hives last winter......hoping to ramp it back up this year...a bee tree would be awesome score here

Only active honeybee hives I've come across in trees I was removing and there was two of them. I removed three trees there the third one is out of the pic. I was stoked to save them.

I think I recall reading your hives went down. Bummer.

Man, I love those type of cranes. What size boom / capacity Squish?

22 ton and 96' of live boom if I'm remembering it correctly. That op was so smooth it was awesome. Now they've closed up though so I have to try out someone new. I hate that. We don't use a crane often.

Great stuff John... You do some amazing trees dude.
Miss you posting more...

I have to pay the same rate for a 17 Justin. And he charges 2 hours travel on top of the day. Often a deal breaker for me using a crane. Having a 22 plus tone crane with that much boom would be a god send around here.

Just back from five days camping...took the new (second-hand) slide on camper box and the boat...mountain scenery, fishing, swimming, bit of bush walking...no-fee campsites. West coast of Tasmania, simply awesome!

Photo files are huge, will reduce and post some later.
Got to take the box off and get back to work mode for the truck.

Changed the alternator on the Jeep .It had Delco with an external regulator that was funky .Changed it to an intregal AKA one wire .I about fell over at the price $29.95 remain with a one year warrentee .Hell it'll cost you that much at the junk yard .63 amps good to go .

I buy brakes with lifetime warranty. Naturally, wearing them out isn't covered. Parts counter guy knows me well and I take all my business to that store. He told me "break them somehow and bring them back when they are worn out. Bust them with a hammer. You'll never pay for brakes again. We call them defective if they are broken." Ha!

My uncle bought a set of brake pads with a lifetime warranty for his Chevette. I think he put almost 400,000 and 7 sets of pads on that car. All replaced free.

My alternator has a lifetime guarantee. I've replaced it once for free so far. I don't see how they can do that and make any profit.

Most vehicles change owners. Or the receipt is lost. Not an overwhelming amount of those warrantied parts ever make their way back to the store in the long run.

I had no receipt, and I didn't even pick up the alternator. My friend who was changing it just told them my name and that was good enough: I was still in the computer. They even tested the one being turned in and they said it was good, but they still replaced it.

Found a crack on the trailer Thursday and ran it over to a guy on Friday to get it welded up. When I traded for it, I knew it had a weak point right where it cracked. Just been so busy. With the lack of burn days, the schedule has loosened up a tad and we just keep sliding in the tree work and chipping work .... Had a short day today with a last minute entry I priced over the phone. Told the customer $350.00 and Monday... I had been looking at this damn tree almost every week... Right across from a retirement home near the hospital. Eye sore. She had another company come in on two others. The house had been in foreclosure and she bought it from the bank. She had hope this and one more would make it and had two taken down. Sequioa's....Sequoiadendron giganteum :/:
Needless to say.. I told the guy we would pick up the trailer about mid day... Left the chipper where we took this down.. Did not take long :lol: She has one more I will probably do for about 1/2 as it is about 1/2 the size and I can lay it down across the driveway. This one was above the downhill to the streets, so I put a leash on it after barber polling and topping it. Service and cable lines... Phone box...It does not get much better than this :lol:
IMG_0265.jpg IMG_0266.jpg IMG_0267.jpg IMG_0269.jpg IMG_0270.jpg IMG_0271.jpg

So then we picked up the trailer and went and picked the mini from Fridays job site..
Turns out I got a call on a small cypress that was beetle infested that needed to get killed Sunday. So we went by there and did the deed in 30 minutes. Charged the minimum... Friggen awesome day...
The dude that fixed the trailer also slapped on a jack he found on sale... He is going to trade more welding for tree work.
Friggen awesome day and hardly broke a sweat ;)

Back