How'd it go today?

Been a day.. Been moving the schedule around with all this snow. Have to be able to get to the work and work it. Everything is all ice on the roads right now with the temps being below freezing. Then they cut off my burn days this AM.. Sooooooo
Moved up a mistletoe job, got there, client said he needed more time. He runs equipment and it's is all parked due to the weather. No money till after Christmas or until after the weather turns. Went to a small job to check on getting into it and could not run the hill down to a bridge to get over a good sized creek. Would have ended up in the creek... No go...
Next job limb over driveway broken.. All plowed ... sweet.. Got in.. started climbing up.. Hey lady! You got stuff down all over!!!
"I do?" she asks... One right outside her kitchen window. Big one on the corner of a garage. Hangers out back in her garden. Been in these trees before.. My cabling held nicely. The other trees, not so much. Heavy snow, high winds.. Things got broke. Blue oaks with still green leaves on them. Well... that filled today. Calling clients for tomorrow. Gotta love storms :|:
Went to take one branch down and ended up climbing 5 and butchering one across a fence instead. Rob fixed the fence for her as best he could for her dogs...

image.jpg
Been el sicko with flu last two days. Snowblower, she is broke, so used miniskid with 4'bucket to "plow" the wretched stuff this morning. Surprising how much power and traction the thing has (DW650).

My help was sick today.

Yesterday I cringed when I saw some snow on my brand new truck. I promptly ordered another temporary storage shelter, and installed it today. Now the truck, chipper, mini loader, and some other goodies are out of the elements.

I feel better now.:)

Nice looking rig Pelorus. You clearly got more snow then I did yesterday though.

My help was sick today.

Yesterday I cringed when I saw some snow on my brand new truck. I promptly ordered another temporary storage shelter, and installed it today. Now the truck, chipper, mini loader, and some other goodies are out of the elements.

I feel better now.:)

Nice looking rig Pelorus. You clearly got more snow then I did yesterday though.

Where did you get the storage shelter Brendon? I was looking for one to back my chipper under at night.

Ok, the $64k question, B: will you drive your trucks on the roads the day of and day after a storm, re salt assault on the bodies....?

Got a chance to teach some rope things to the guys today...roads to bad to move the skidder and they were not going to try to drop several of the trees without it. Truck, pulleys, & rope got them all down fine.;)

Had the skidder operator installing ropes/ learning to climb. Also had him hump up one tree to fix a few branches he broke while felling another one. He shows a lot of promise as a climber. Hope he keeps at it when we give him the chance.

If I had to, yes.

I spray the under bodies/frames of everything with Boshield T-9 for an extra layer of protection.

Local roads just have to deal with salt. I'd prob find away to go around highways where they use that new pre treatment stuff though.

I clicked on Boshfield T-9, looks good. Can you give your personal take on the stuff and its uses and effectiveness and benefits?

Thanks

Easy to apply, i use a paint sprayer or hand oump bottle for small areas. Long lasting waxy coating, water beads like wax. Really ceeaps into crevises. Does not stain, or alter factory appearance. Drys to a nice sheen, not shinny or sticky like fluid film. I like it. Kinda stinky though.

Rust and corrosion prevention basically. I dig it.

I flopped five oaks yesterday took what was of firewood size and set the off to the side for the towns folk to pick up and pushed everything into two piles to burn atop of two stumps that I hopefully don't have to grind after the fire dies. Man was it a cold two days!

Rajan, I'm glad I'm on my side of the big Lake after seeing your temps over there!

Topped & tumbled Eight Walnuts in a yard today. All pulls away from comm lines.

Just a few more to take down in this little town/neighborhood and it's off to my first job felling in the woods.

Boss took me aside this afternoon & told me he is super impressed with what I've done so far. Kinda gives me that little happy feeling inside.:)

Cool, Dave, that the boss is kind to do that. I may get a thin weak smile every now and then, that's about the extent of job well done.

Back