How'd it go today?

Oh it's never ending Jay .It isn't that it's unfinished just upgrades sort of.Too many "home improvement " shows on TV .It's a woman thing I think,nesting stuff I suppose .

Now I could live in my shop,sleep on a cot and chit in a 5 gallon bucket but this business I'd just as well do it and get it over with rather than hear about it the rest of my life. I've known many women in my lifetime .I never met one who didn't nag in some form or another .Some had it down to a fine science as a matter of fact .
You know what's worse than nagging? Silence. The "oh nothing's wrong! why should it be?" Sort of silence.

They say silence is golden .

Well in other news I just got back from cruising the woods and having a smoke.One of my less than half a pack down from a pack and a half .Working 7 days a week 6 til 6 I can't see a thing,it's dark out .We had a dandy wind about two weeks ago and I hadn't surveyed the damage .Now I got work to do .There must be 20-25 trees atilt ,snagged ,widow maker types .

Most are EAB killed ash,12-16 inchers ,80 feet .They fail just above the ground right above the root spread by the looks of things .

Had a easy day of climbing as the wait for drifting to the lz seemed to take some time with resetting the Ma setup. Days like today I think more and more of a GCRS. I'm sure I'll be back next year to remove the whole thing. At least the hard part will be done.

I noticed the Ash around here started getting rot at ground level a few years ago. Eab just got here and trees haven't started dying from it yet. I think it must be a new fungus, as Ash used to stand dead for years.

Had a easy day of climbing as the wait for drifting to the lz seemed to take some time with resetting the Ma setup. Days like today I think more and more of a GCRS. I'm sure I'll be back next year to remove the whole thing. At least the hard part will be done.

You won't be sorry. My GRCS more than paid for itself quickly. One of the best investments I could have made.

I had an easy day also. Topped a couple walnuts and took them down.

Today was an easy day for me as well. Yesterday though, the GRCS came through again. I would save your pennies and get one if you can.
Here's one from yesterday's job. About 5 ton of Butternut.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386296129.427315.jpg

Cold here today, as it has been for awhile. -10 to -15c plus windchill. Tonight dipping to -18 or so plus wind. We haven't missed a day but it gets to me after a few days the constant cold. I've got a fire in my house that was originally sparked four or five days ago. I'm in my shop tonight working in my 99 f550 7.3. Sweet rig and it'll be even sweeter once I'm done slapping all new rear brakes in. About to break out the torches to get the caliper mounting bolts off the first side. Friday night excitement. lol.

I feel so bad for you down there in that frigid weather.

I've been freezing my arse off the last week!

Cold snap here. Clear and cold. Wind chill of 16 degrees when it normally would be 40's and rain. Sunny during the day!!!

How much faster does firewood dry in the freezing weather? Doesn't it freeze-dry or sumthin'. Our air is very dry, for us. Is it just easier to split?

With this cold weather, I'll bet I have at least one more call for firewood from tree customers. I didn't know if one stack would dry this year fully. I'll test burn some before selling. We've had a lot of dry weather this fall.

Back