How'd it go today?

A friend named Tom asked me to help with a tree climbing class. We did it today with a group of 9 Washington Conservation Corps AmeriCorps (National and Community Service) volunteers, a city arbo, Ira, and her GF/ partner.

Had a 65' DdRT with a redirected tail for help from the ground for the climber, plus back-up for the newbie climbers, and a 100' Hitch Hiker rope walker set-up with a base-tie. Had the clouds been gone, the 100' climb would have rewarded the climber with a view of Mt. Rainier (which is visible from various parts of town, especially from treetops, btw).

A good time was had by all.

Ira really cruised up on the HH RW and was all about swinging from tree to tree, from the high TIP (70' overhead). Maybe showing off for her GF a bit, or just loving the SRT. Her previous DdRT experience was much more of a struggle, due in part to the excess friction of a friction saver on a free hanging, spurless vertical ascent. Climbing on a pulley is so much easier.

Wish we would have set the DdRT up on a pulley today. hindsight.

Started logging season yesterday. We are cutting ash like there is no tomorrow ( Which for the ash trees here, there ain't!)
Working for our new client, who owns the forest next to my house.
Nice weather, short drive ( Heck, I could walk!) to work and some fine trees to kill.
What could be finer.

I've got one of those low stump grinder trailers with a ramp, comes in handy. Had to replace my mother's washing machine yesterday, drive up to shop and wheel on. Go to her place & wheel new one in and old one out and on.

Dentist today, been putting it off because I've been pretty busy but it's dead this week because of school holidays.

Washing machines sure are cheap compared to them, got to go back tomorrow. :(

While hauling firewood from the drying stacks to the woodshed, I found a fat tree frog hiding in one of the stacks. I loaned him a few sticks and built him a little hideout to get him through the daylight hours.
:D

1279027_434175526691523_477524851_o.jpg

Good day today for the most part. Got my job done all the wood on a fire and down to a smolder of coals. Came home expecting new chipper blade sets but no :mad:
And to top it off what I was lead to believe was ringworm must not be as the repeated cream application is not working and it is spreading. Dermatologist appt it is. Any one recognize this?
3upu3e5e.jpg

bu6u6y8y.jpg

I googled my arse off to find what it may be to no avail.

How long have you had that?
Just be REAL careful its not a brown recluse spider bite...doesn't look like it, not quite 'bullseye' enough, but check to be sure.
IF it is, the tried and tested treatment, a nitroglycerine patch cut to the size and applied for the day, take off at night, repeat until the lesion starts to shrink. The nitro counteracts the poison which is a vaso-constrictor and leads to the death of your flesh and all sorts of nasty.

Hopefully its just ringworm. DO check!

I was TDing a big rotten tree today and a big fat rat raced out from a hollow. Ha, the first time I ever saw a rat in a tree - and he was way up there!

On another note, I received a letter from the VA today saying I was covered for health insurance. I don't have to worry (so to speak) about ObamaCare! :thumbup:

How long have you had that?
Just be REAL careful its not a brown recluse spider bite...doesn't look like it, not quite 'bullseye' enough, but check to be sure.
IF it is, the tried and tested treatment, a nitroglycerine patch cut to the size and applied for the day, take off at night, repeat until the lesion starts to shrink. The nitro counteracts the poison which is a vaso-constrictor and leads to the death of your flesh and all sorts of nasty.

Hopefully its just ringworm. DO check!

Around two weeks Bermy. I had not thought of spider bite, if it is it or they got me in at least 7 spots.

Good day today for the most part. Got my job done all the wood on a fire and down to a smolder of coals. Came home expecting new chipper blade sets but no :mad:
And to top it off what I was lead to believe was ringworm must not be as the repeated cream application is not working and it is spreading. Dermatologist appt it is. Any one recognize this?
3upu3e5e.jpg

bu6u6y8y.jpg

I googled my arse off to find what it may be to no avail.

I have a similar issue on my arms as well. It feels like something is under my skin and itches like Poison Ivy. It is not Poison Ivy though! I have to scratch it until I brake the skin for relief or hot water on it for as long as I can. check out dust mites on Google. That's what I think my issue is but not sure was thinking of seeing a dermatologist.

I was TDing a big rotten tree today and a big fat rat raced out from a hollow. Ha, the first time I ever saw a rat in a tree - and he was way up there! My dog brought one in the house recently when she went out to pee. I nearly had a heart attack:O

On another note, I received a letter from the VA today saying I was covered for health insurance. I don't have to worry (so to speak) about ObamaCare! :thumbup:

This is good:thumbup:

I am googling shingles now!

I looked at shingles and dismissed it. Same goes for poison ivy, heat rash, and about six other common rashes. As well as mrsa. See a Dr tomorrow if they can fit me in. It's not fungal as Lamisil takes care of all the common fungal rashes.

Showed up at a job early today... Finished yesterdays job early as well...
So today... .I was supposed to do a quick TD on a sugar pine and rig down the remainder of a 48+" cedar. Guy has been talking about making a carved bear out of it for two years. He put me off for another month on the cedar and we had the sugar pine on the ground and chipped in under an hour from our arrival. Soooooooo Since I had brought Katy and Rob both to the job... we really needed something to do. Dudes friend had me dead wood some cedars along his driveway around the corner.... Still a short day but made a days pay of it with out wasting the 40 minute drive. I love it when a back up plan works :D He has more trees for me to do at our convenience (like when the day goes short taking a 4+ foot DBH cedar down to a 10 foot height for a carved bear. :lol:

Worked way way way out in the boonies. Tree work around an old house where a lady up in years lives isolated by herself. Not much around except mountains and woods and her field where she grows stuff.. All the narrow trails around her place were really well maintained, a throwback to former years when having mountains in your possession was considered a valuable thing as sources of food, wood, and just generally the desire for an environment under control. Mountains deserved to be looked after as part of the necessity for life. Such thinking is almost completely gone now. Quite a strong character she is as well, a tiny woman.

I'd have never guessed a person could be isolated over there. When I think Japan, I think crowded.

I live in the mountain prefecture, Butch. Lots of wild. When you get out there, you see mostly only old people left in such places.

Blew a gale here today, 50/60mph and gusts around 75 so I don't think I could have done anything much anyway.

Stihl dealer rang me, the MSA200 Cordless is back in stock after a few weeks wait, $749 with battery and charger.

Back to the dentist, 35 minutes today and 20 yesterday = $675+$200.

That's about all I needed.:( So much for my cordless plan.

Back