How'd it go today?

They claim those western wild fires this summer have consumed as much area as the state of Connecticut .I fear that in spite of the best efforts of the forestry service and state and local authorities it's just the naturally occuring cycle of things which has gone on since time eternal .

The greenies whine and carry on about burning wood for home heating yet mother nature has caused more to go up in smoke than would be burnt for heat in the next 100 years .

Looks like a great time in the Dakotas. Wonder why they never cleaned up all the debris at the base of Mt. Rushmore? I think it would look better under the sculpture as a more natural setting. The rubble really interferes, imo.
Wonder if they thought it would be a good thing if the rubble would keep down the vegetation, as it appears to do.

Believe it or not on a clear day you can spot Mt Rushmore from the badlands .They really were not kidding when they named it the badlands .Wind errosion played a number on it over the last zillion years .The last I saw it was 1965 when I was a smart alec 17 year old ,cowboy boots and a leather MC jacket .:lol:

They keep talking burn bans here in CA. More so than we already have. If they do that, wild land fuel reduction will screech to a halt or slow crawl. Stoopid. Lose a little or lose it all. Usually my lament.

Tiring week. Helper was out for 2 days....during which I was doing a big Maple removal. Sawed through a bee hive. Salvaged the hive and sent it off with a beekeeper. The neighbor lady videoed it but I haven't seen what she got.

Al the plumber and installer of crappers extraordinaire with the continuing saga .

I trotted off to Lowes a trek of two miles and came home with a Kohler commode.Not mind you a high end 700 dollar crapper but a common mans throne for 200 .Cheap seat but I already had a new super duper "Church " brand quick detatch type I acquired some place .

So some greenie got the bright idea they couldn't sell a pot that used over 1.6 gallons per flush like they were "saving" water or some such nonsense and it took two to get it all down .Good ole Kohler beat them at their own game .

It only uses1.6 per flush but the tank holds two and if you hold down the handle it dumps it all .If the greenies don't like it they can use a 5 gallon bucket for all I care .So much for toilets on a nice sunny day in the great giant cornfields of the buckeye state .

Woke up to a kitty rescue.......

Got all ready and had the truck warmed up.......

"Prissy" must have over heard because her 3 day stay ended with her rescuing herself before I left the driveway....

Alls well that ends well..... I have an estimate to do for them for the dead pine tree the cat was in....

I guess the tree just stepped over the line holding the kitty hostage like that, now it must go! :lol:

Hey Al, in Oz all the loos have two flush buttons, one full flush one half flush, choice is yours depending on the 'load'...makes sense to me!:8

We have that here as well, in a country that isn't short on water. Until I learned to read a little of the local lingo, I was often flushing the small when I wanted big, and vice versa. It's probably one of the first dilemmas that foreign tourists encounter. Damn, I would think. I haven't measured it, but I think the half flush is more than half.

That half flush thing sounds pretty smart. I bet all the shower heads have on/off buttons in the showerhead, like on a ship.

I've said dumb things before in my life.

I have too, and Im not quite done I don't think. But celebrities slamming troops is not cool. A person has the freedom and right to do it, but its a great way to give up most of your fans.

I myself have said things in my life that I really regret.

"we don't want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States [George W. Bush] is from Texas"

Chris, where exactly are they slamming troops?

They are dissing GWB which IMO is a mighty fine thing to do. In fact if more people had done that during his reign, the world might be a better place today!

Back