How'd it go today?

I've seen the writing on the wall. My little girl is 8 going on 9. The time I spend with her, truly engaged and doing things with her is invaluable for both of us. My Father's Day card said she loves me because I "teach her things, like how to be awesome". Lol

I'm back, it's hot and humid out, can't argue with a Sunday off. And got our crane op back after some scary problems with his eye for the last 3 weeks. So next week will be awesome

Had rain here too.... Worked through it and then it stopped after a bout 2 hours or so in. Worked under canopy in the am so it was not too bad. No climbing today though... All pole saw work:|:

I get to rescue one tomorrow. Left with boom up after some issue. The poor guy in it is recovering from burnt hands and a very sore back after the exit. Not 100% sure but suicied hitch or one not dressed and set.

I had a hose blow on one of our nifty lifts once...came down instead of spending a few hours up there. Forgot the basket switch on, couldn't re start and use ground controls...I learned to foot lock that day. 42'...I'll always remember that. I measured it 42' from ground to basket.

I could retell the story of Larry the dumbass who tossed a cross arm across the basket with the safety wired out and sent bucket aloft on the lower boom .Insulator pin moved the controls .I thought the stupid SOB fell out of the thing when I got back and I had told him not to fly until I got back .

I had to shinny up the boom to get the damned thing down .Yeah of course I was peeved but he was the bosses kid ,what could I do ?

Killed two multi-leadered pondo pines in a front yard today. Three guys on the ground, for a change, which was good, since we chipped two truckloads. Little bit of roping, lotta free dropping. Got 'em done in time for the 230p call into the power company to get the power rehung Today, free of charge, for the HO and neighbor. Wind picked up a bit, but not much complication. A downpour, with a little lightning...not common to have lightning near us.

Stage two removal for a SAT dish. Already rigged one leader off last visit. Rigged the back side over the house today and threw the front top, felled the spar. 3 hours all told on two visits. 100F today, so I went home to a cold one. Hope tomorrow goes the same at another account. HO clean up today. We'll help a little more tomorrow. :D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EvVKYMM_Zq0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:thumbup:
Emergency job today cherry over walk way to a dock hung in hickory. Renters due this evening for the week, storm rolling in made a even more interesting job. Three porty's
to suspend the stem. No brush to speak of. All ropes and gear up before the downpour:)Good fun filled day.

Ought to have gotten some pictures of that one Joel, loved to have seen them...but I've been there, like most of us here...jobs like that don't often offer the leisure to wander around with a camera :).

Perhaps one law of the universe should be that to all worthy activities (and who could possibly question treework as being in that category :)), a photographer shall be assigned to document said activities, cost born by the universe in toto, of course :D.

If I wasn't so busy being retired, I'd be willing to accept the position of Lord of the Universe, and carry such worthy programs forward. Unfortunately my hammock, zero gravity lounge chair, and subscription to the Single Malt of the Month Club preclude participation in such minor activities.

:lol:

Back