How'd it go today?

Wasn't there a scene where he was walking down the street and with a wave of his hand everyone disappeared?

Splain please, I don't understand why, not sayin it aint so though.

Because the weight is placed toward the end of the leg, the leverage that the weight places on the leg is high whenever the legs are extended. This means that a relatively light ankle weight can have a large impact on the difficulty of an exercise. For instance, wearing two 2 lb. ankle weights will increase the difficulty of walking much more than wearing a 4 lb, backpack, because the backpack only exerts pressure on the body. The ankle weights exert pressure on each leg at a point away from the body's center of mass.

From here.

Played landscaper today, spent the day at our property, tenants just moved out...mowed grass, weedwhacked edges, long grass and cane grass, trimmed hedges, pruned cherry (surinam) trees, felled little loquat with sugoi, raked, and raked and raked leaves and grass, piled branches...whew, but the place looks tidy again (my tidy)

Wives tend to have a different standard than us mere mortals...and my dear friend Fi seems to be in that camp on this subject as well.
:D

Had a first for me today ... a Towel Rescue. :lol:

At one of the nursing homes where I do volunteer shows, there was a towel stuck in a crotch of a tree about 30' up. Apparently a clothesline casualty from one of the recent wind storms. Actually the towel didn't really need to be rescued. But, it was a huge, magnificent, old walnut tree that needed the rescue. I've seen it happen before; a shirt left in a crotch where the tree grew around it and was stressing the tree. I didn't want that walnut tree to have to 'include' the towel and grow around it. So, I told the Maintenance Manager I'd get it down. It was trivial -- a few minutes with a throwline and the towel was safely on the ground -- a whole LOT easier than a cat rescue.
:lol:

Heh everyone. Just stopping in briefly to say I'm alive and well. Going beyond steady here, flat out all the time. Spending all my spare time with my family. My little girl is growing up to fast. I hope everyone is doing well.

Heh everyone. Just stopping in briefly to say I'm alive and well. Going beyond steady here, flat out all the time. Spending all my spare time with my family. My little girl is growing up to fast. I hope everyone is doing well.

Good to read ya! I am glad all is well and good.
I ground 58 stumps today with a new purchase I made on a Vermeer sc652. Man! What a difference for my old 252, not even on the same planet let alone the same ballpark.

Flopped some very big trees at the entrance to a national park area, way up in the mountains. Perfect landing zone in a large parking lot where visitors park their cars and get taken up to the entrance in buses or arrange taxi transportation. No private cars allowed beyond the parking area which is about twenty minutes away from the park entrance. Some trees had positive lean and some had to be pulled. Very healthy trees removed to make way for some people loading station that they have in mind. Not far, but I hadn't been up there in awhile, a very scenic area. Particularly nice when it isn't crowded. All the trees made a big crash. The locals up there seem easy going, not much for them to do for a large portion of the year besides maybe sit in a hot spring.

Some pics of the area off the web.

Attachments

• kamikochi_jnto2.jpg
    kamikochi_jnto2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 41
  • hotakaharu1.jpg
    hotakaharu1.jpg
    645.4 KB · Views: 41

Dang buddy, I thought you'd kicked us to the curb. Good to hear all is well! Don't be a stranger!!!

Jay, I would never have guessed that photo is Japan. Awesome!

I've been posting here from a phone but I can't seem to attach any of the pics I upload?

Today it rained like hell here. Supposed to all night and tomorrow too. Yee haw.

Back