How'd it go today?

I finally got Mrs Smiths' freakin 'puter back on line after moving the whole mess a few days ago .Damed LAN cable got messed up somehow and about gave me fits .

My daughter bless her heart got me a Kindle fire for Christmas .Now I have to figure out how in the world to upgrade the wireless portion of the router to support the damned thing .Techno weinie I'm not .How in the hell I ever program robots is a mystery to me because this chit about drives me nutz .

Al your kindle fire will need to have the password you have for your wireless router system if secure, for your house. Once you enter it in the kindle when ask, your kindle will be good to go in your house.

Bout all I know on that stuff.

I get so damned confused and frustrated on that stuff it's better I just leave it alone .My wifes son does something with an internet provider and my son is an IT guru .One of them can figure this SOB out .

If something has a nut or bolt or something I don't have to push buttons on I can figure anything out .Straight line computer hardware ,no problem .All this acronym chit I have no idea what it means it might as well be Chinese to me .

Everybody has their thing mine is not any type of programing .Conversely things that confuse some people come to me almost second nature .For example two cycle engines that I might point out confuse the hell out of some people and they like I do with techno stuff just get frustrated .Everybody is not cut out of the same bolt of cloth to coin an old phrase .

Well the Kindle story has a good ending .It's working . The SOB's assume you know certain things like the freakin password on the router which there are some generic ones too .

Now why if heavens name they can't be more user friendly I haven't a clue but that's just the way they are .I suppose they just think you should spend 3 hours on Google figuring things out as to have the common decency to include detailed instruction for us dummys .Techno weenie indeed ,humbug .

Now comes another bone of contention .These things are made for fingers the size of a 6 year old child .A big old clumsy oaf like me with the hands of a blacksmith has a hard time not hitting three keys at a time .I'm a thinkin one of those stick gizmos might be in order .

These things are made for fingers the size of a 6 year old child .A big old clumsy oaf like me with the hands of a blacksmith has a hard time not hitting three keys at a time .I'm a thinkin one of those stick gizmos might be in order .

So true, again! My wife marvels at how I can seriously screw up a computer with just a random accidental brush of my hand.:|:

Today was tough. Said goodbye to my grandmother. The person I am closest to in this world. Closer to her then my own wife. My father died when ibwas young and she and I have a relationship deeper and closer then is typical to grandson/grandmother. My number one confidant in the world. She found out 3 weeks ago she is full of cancer with no chance or survival. She has declined daily. We spent Christmas with her. My uncle from Colorado booked a 2500 sq ft suite at the four seasons in philly so we could all be there to celebrate this final christmas for her. She held on so she could be part of today. She has had enough and is ready to go. Its a matter of days now. Saying that final goodbye and crying our eyes out together was brutal. We have had the chance to share everything we have intended in the last few weeks, but today she offered a final goodbye and some words and wisdom with me.

It was painful. Extremely painful to walk out that door when the festivities were over. Im thankful for the tine that we could do this, but truly and deeply devastated and crippled.

That's harsh, hang in there.

But its good that you appreciate now, instead of years later as seems to commonly happen, how special and valuable your relationship has been.

If you can, be happy you spent the time. I chose not to go to see my grandparents for Thanksgiving one yr figuring Christmas was a better time. My Grandmother fell and suffocated behind the bathroom door before anyone got to her. She was the best. My condolences.

Im in better spirits this morning. Yesterday was rough as you could tell. This will be a tough process for me. We are extremely close. But, I will make it through this, the same as everyone else has made it through a hard loss.
We are getting snow today and Im focused on some plowing later. I scored good at Christmas this year. I don't give a crap if I get a single present. I love seeing the kids joy more then anything. Well long story short, I really got showered with gift cards. Like a lot. Some from family, but some from other business owners. I did some favors for this year. I left money out of the equation and did a few things that simply needed to get done. Turns out at Christmas, those deeds were remembered. That's rare anymore. But great to see. The kids did well this year. Superstorm Sandy allowed me to go into winter much more comfortable then I normally do. With that said, the kids got a nice pile from Santa.

I've been pruning my fruit trees today. Made it through about ½ of them.

We have a saying: " The blacksmith's horse and the shoemaker's kids always have the worst shoes"

The arborists own trees never get pruned, either, so it was a good use of some of my between solstice and new year R & R time.

Back