How'd it go today?

Something for the Ford guys with 6.0 diesels is to only use motorcraft oil filters. Reason being, and proven by engineers is that there is a trap door in the oil filter connection on those motors. To date, unless something recently changed, the exact size and design of the motorcraft filter opens that door all the way. Most if not all aftermarket filters do not do that and only filter half of the oil that gets sent there for filtration. The rest just bypasses. With that said, aftermarket filters don't ruin the engine, but instead don't work as designed by ford. With powerstroke engines, they run on oil pressure and quality of oil becomes even more critical. 2 things that ford makes that reign supreme over aftermarket are oil/airfilters and glass

That and do not run K&N air filters in a powerstroke. My uncle has a checkboard over his toolbox that has a tally of dusted powerstrokes. Most all of them had a K&N filter, which research has proven many times has a lesser flow rate then the motorcraft air filter to begin with.

I'm not certain who actually makes or made the 6 liter .Ford and International got in some type of a pissen match over something and I'm not sure if they are still in the picture or not .

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, DUDES & DUDETTES!!! :D

46403_4567996451829_5298385_n.jpg

Turkey is out of the oven. I am pretty much just finishing all the sides. Kids have a bunch of new stuff to play with. Seth just had his birthday, Levi and Lilly got to spend some allowance/pay on stuff. I spent the afternoon mostly alone as the kids were at a brunch and Kat went to town to escape boredom I guess... Whatever.
Most of my life I have had to work on holidays, and when I finally celebrated holidays, it was surrounded with friends at little gatherings I put together.
I made a lot of changes in my life to be a father and spouse and make sure I was "home for the holidays" and cooking for my family instead of strangers.
If it weren't for my kids... I would find solace first in the strangers, then my close friends, most that I have left behind in one state or another.
Used to be my parents were the family oriented home bodies catering to the holidays with family yearning for time when I could be there. Now my parents do as I did with friends and I with my kids. Funny how things in life change.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Try too remember what we can be thankful for in these crazy times of life. I hope everyone has a good day no matter with whom or where.

No family close by us so we left the house at 4:30 and drove up to Avenue of the Giants to hike a little and look for windfalls. It was a gorgeous, chilly day and the woods were superb in all the late fall colors. Came home and ate sausage sandwiches for our Thanksgiving Dinner. We enjoyed our day very much!

That would seem like a cool thing to do but I NEVER take food in the woods with me. We tend to hike off trail and as far from other people as we can, which puts us in the territory of mountain lions and bears. To have food on me makes me feel even more like bait.

Best dinner ever! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We had a bon fire this evening with deer mingling in and out of the yard. Very cool being in North Carolina with our daughter and her husband Jeff (that she stole from us), the 409th Master Arborist in the world, for thanksgiving. Okay, I am bragging about him. No shame. Even did some door buster shopping after dinner. Now that is city life. hahahha They left a few minutes ago for Walmart for the 10oclock door busters. John and I, being island folk could only do one door buster. hahaha

I didn't do much yesterday .Damned cold wind kinda put the halts to that .

I 'm gonna have to get Toms bucket out here sometime to have him or myself knock a few limbs out of a hollow sugar maple that's about on it's last legs .A big old limb gone there's room to flop it without tearing anything up .Ha that thing is like a wooden pipe ,squirrel goes in at ground level and 30 seconds later pops out the top .

It's gotta go to make a hole to put down a big ash .Three footer about 100 feet tall .That pot licker has some lumber logs in it if it's not hollow which few of the tall ash are .

Maybe just a bit of rot at the base in Ash around here. It doesn't go up to far most times.

I put a hub/wheel bearing on the drivers side in my Lumina yesterday. Shoulda just got 2 as I did the pass side a couple months ago. Damned front wheel drive, still don't like them. Put new pads on the brakes while I was at it. Should be just about done working on that car as good old NY salt is taking its toll.

I am surprised that it is as late 6pm. Dark here before 5. I guess that besides latitude (45 degrees here, more our less), distance from the time zone boundary matters, too .

Yup, I'm surprised, too. I'm visiting Eugene, Oregon at 44°N. Sunset at 4:38.

Me either, it's hard enough to get going when it's cloudy these days.

Rest day today, I had a long week. Just made some beer and sharpened an extra chain for tomorrow that I forgot yesterday.

It's going to be a long day and hot but I'll be home long before 6pm.:drink:

Back