How'd it go today?

We're back in the creeks and ditches, clearing vegetation.
I managed to poke a nest of ground hornets while standing waist deep in water today.
Couldn't do much in the way of running off, so they got me good.

While I was weedwhacking some reeds in a ditch, I started to smell something like burnt meat.
Thinking the weedeater might have been clogged with debris, I turned it off.

It was a snail, house and all, that had been lodged up against the exhaust.
It was well done and then some.

Martin, my apprentice, said that it was proof that men can indeed multitask.
I managed to clear a ditch and cook escargot simultaneously.

That right there is damn funny I don't care who you are! :lol: That made my day Stig!

I don't know that Chris knows Jason real well and his story or back ground. If anything Chris, Jay is more concerned about you getting into trouble than anything.

Climbed some monterey pines and took hangers, from last years wind storms and wet snow, out of them. Then threw in a blue oak for measure. SRT each one and it only took about an hour. Cleaned up some ground from other throws and break outs. Landed more work and I am almost scheduled through December. Not a bad day.
Good news, I finally got my DL sorted out after almost 2 years. California and AZ dropped the ball on some stuff I took care of. Then CA dropped the ball again and I never got my renewal. They apologized up and down, waived my tests, fees etc. and I should have a new picture DL in 3 weeks. Ya just have to love government agencies. :roll:

You did make sure to get the permit for that, right?
http://www.nps.gov/caha/planyourvisit/off-road-vehicle-use.htm
http://ncbbaonline.com/

Sorry, just making sure you're exercising due diligence in proper OHV access and land-use stewardship... :)

Enjoy the beach! If you head up to Duck, my Great Uncle owns a retail establishment there, Scarborough Faire- http://www.scarboroughfaireinducknc.com/
JASON! Good to see you still poking around here. How have you been? Pull up a chair and hang out for a spell. :)

I took him as though he was reading the rules to me and reminding me about how to be, without one ounce of info or me asking him to remind me to be a good steward when i travel. If I read him wrong, then I'm sorry and genuinely apologize for my response. If I read him right, then hell no, I stand my ground and dont appreciate the father son chat about how to conduct myself.

And that's something I admire in folks Butch. Peace is cool. I've butted heads a few times around here. Most anyone would agree its a matter of misunderstanding. I might be loved, and I might be hated. But i stand my ground when I feel justified, and I humble myself and apologize when I'm wrong.

Don't make me ride up to the outer banks...

Been burning rakings and what not for 2 days. Still have a huge pile that needs to get torched.
Looks like it's going to be a long day of burning and moving debris.

Just trying to help you avoid a ticket from the Park Service, man! :) With the new regulations that came into effect this past winter, they are cracking down hard! :O

I'm semi-local to the OBX area, and a land-use advocate. It's been a struggle to keep the beach open, I just like making sure that folks utilize ORVA's in safe, responsible, and legal manners.

It's been a trip. I'm still dealing with stuff from mom's and my uncle's estate... heck, I am still dealing with telling folks that didn't know of their passing. It's almost a sure thing that my brother has a job now, and I am also looking at going back to school. If I time things right, I will be able to graduate from a CNA program, and then transition into a LPN program shortly thereafter. The house is stalled for now, but it's a roof over my head.

As for the CNA program, I will hopefully be getting the final wrinkles ironed out tomorrow.

Windfirmed 3 fir trees in between 2 houses today. The trees were in a shelterbelt of 5 fir and 5 spruce, and the last big windstorm pushed 2 fir and 1 spruce over as well as knocked the top off of one of the remaining spruce. So...the tops of the fir came down about 15' (they were in the 70-80 range)...and don't worry, they look purdy. If I have to cut a top out of a tree, its going to look good once I'm done. Then did a little spiral pruning on the way down to thin them out. Trust me, not the specs I would have recommended...or any sane arbo would have, but these trees are special circumstances methinks. Managed to convice the HO's not to top the 4 remaining spruce, so I deadwooded them and they turned out great. Small victories.

I am beat! A lot of up and down today. Slo-pitch game at 9 this even should loosen me up a bit though...

Tomorrow's a hedge from hell! TGIF!

Good to see another slow pitch guy on the board Dylan. I usually have 6+ games a week (usually double headers), and it takes its toll after a while and makes for some long days. What position do you play?

It's been a few weeks now off the smokes. I'm off the nicorette lozenges entirely as well. It's been easier then I expected. I still think about it, and it isn't a walk in the park. But, my firm mindframe has made it much easier. When the thought crosses my mind to have a smoke, I don't sit and wrestle with myself. The idea is squashed and dismissed faster then it came about. My appetite seems to have increased. I think I better be cautious there. I feel zero difference in my lungs and chest, but the rest of my body had a slightly increased feeling of wellness. I still get jumpy and bug the hell out here and there, and I'm working on that. That's mainly irritability from quitting.

You're still in the n00b stage, keep your guard up and don't get cocky. You might want to consider sticking with the lozenges just a bit longer.

You're gonna love being free of that crap! :thumbup:

Butch I keep the lozenges handy. They're in my travel bag as we speak. I won't say I'm done with them entirely. I will say I haven't had one in a few days. I'm just taking that scene one day at a time. I feel happy to not be smoking. I'm tired of the feeling of shame socially. Maybe not shame, but being the outcast. I've gotten tired of that.

Back