How'd it go today?

I didn't care for the lozenges. The gum rocked my world much better. Those, along with the Patch.

This family vacation rocked. Chilling in a hot tub now. Kids napping, adult family members shopping and on the beach, wife somewhere. Headed home to 13 estimates and some already scheduled big jobs. The year really turned around on me. It was pure shit for the first portion. Funny how that goes sometimes. I'm leaving at 2 am to drive home. I'm timing it so I can hit American Arborist Supply on my way past Philly while they are open to beat the shipping charges on gear I need to grab. Gotta pick up a new skinnin line or two and gaff pads and straps. I want to hit the showroom instead of the catalog so I can look at the stuff in person before buying it. I don't know what kind of rope ill get. Groundman needs a twisted clevis too. My uncle sold him a custom made saddle from buckinham with a perspiring micrograb and a spliced lanyard with a few biners. It was just missing a twisted clevis for the micrograb. My groundman did well. Custom saddle worn once with the above mentioned hardware for $200.

Nice! Glad things are going well man, sounds like a blast!

Killed an Elm and a Mulberry today. Just had to chip the brush, all the wood was left onsite where it fell. Done by lunch, easy day really expect for the heat, started having a bad headache towards the end.

I received a call from a guy I sometimes work with, says he has a max two hour job lined up that will pay pretty good, but it's an hour and a half away by car. :|: I get to his house in the morning (he's going to drive), and he can barely walk and can't go, his leg is all messed up. I hop on the freeway in my kai truck, a first, and head on over to meet a man at a freeway stop who has arranged everything. Our freeway drive-ins are pretty cool, some places offer all kinds of hot snacks or full meals of various nature. One place not far has a hot spring. I can even get a corn dog at the one where we will be meeting.:big-jump: I get there, meet the guy, he has bought me some snack and drinks in a bag, tells me we have forty minutes of additional driving beyond the hour and a half to get there. Over an hour later I'm still following him deep in the mountains, near some lake I have heard of. Thinking about a complete removal and limbs that have to be taken off over a two story house, a large oak and Zelkova, with a crane operator that I have never worked with, way out in Kookamunga.....plus the drive, I'm considering hanging a U turn just when we arrive. Do the job, it goes ok, but it was more than was initially described, plus the busted limbs that had to be taken off from the boom in the tight space. I hadn't worked so high before if it makes a difference. Some difficulties, the operator was an older very nice fellow, but kind of hard of hearing was one. Very humid conditions. Drove home in a lightning storm and almost ran out of gas. Got back to my shop to unload my gear, walked in the door of home almost 8PM feeling a bit dizzy. Raring to go again this morning, ha!

Lol. Right on Jay. TCOB!

Finished up my park job today right on schedule and got a big kudos from the city arborist. A thanks and some more work to look at. We moved alot of tree this week, mostly large removals with a few large reductions/toppings(totally dead tops in a park with picnic tables, play areas and a stream for targets). Still quite swamped.

Right, MB, on the kai truck when you get to the lowest mark on the gas gauge, it flashes. A lil' additional warning that can make you nervous. Jap two lane in each direction freeways are kind of like no man's land as far as I'm concerned. Crazy people drive faster that I ever want to go, and come right up on your tail when they want to pass. I flip them off but they don't know the meaning. Slamming on the brakes they get the meaning. Getting stuck out there would be hell. I tell you Asians are nuts behind the wheel.

I wish we had an arborist store I could walk into. That would be nice!

You and me both brother!

Did some crown raising and some clean up in a shaded fuel break we worked on a couple years back. Just tidy it up a bit. Booked some aloft work with the lady for dead wooding a pine and some oaks next month. Landed a locust limb removal for a sign clearance today as well. Something I can do for our minimum and be in and out in less than an hour. Probably hit and run on that next week end. Have to go pick up 20 bails of alfalfa here in a bit. Make some dinner for the kids (fritata) and head out.

Wasn't there a thread on things found in a tree? A few days ago i had to remove a big Chestnut with a low crotch. It had a six inch nub of steel sticking out at the junction between it and another smaller tree that grew into it over quite a few years, it appeared. When I broke them apart there was a full metal pick head in there. No handle left. The steel had decayed somewhat, but it appeared still usable. I debated taking it home, but I already have a pick.

My shoulder is still a little buggered up. Gonna have to visit the doc this next week and start up the physio again. I've worked it for two weeks now and it's still recovering but slowly, and I mean slowly. I'm worried about not getting back to 100% strength. I'm doing lots of stretching and home massage but it's still going slowly it seems to me. I have some considerable discomfort still and numbness in my arm/hand/fingers. Also a very strange sensation almost like muscle twitching but different, that comes and goes.

Sucks.

Heh I've been dogging it, it should be healing. Lol

I haven't been running a saw much at all, and trying to 'nurse' my shoulder. But yah there's no real taking it easy.

I do think it'll heal, just frusturating how slowly it's happening I guess. Felt like whining, someone call me the whambulance!

Squish, you got the world by the balls these days. Don't let a bum shoulder eff that up bro. Go get a pro involved.

Good to see another slow pitch guy on the board Dylan. I usually have 6+ games a week (usually double headers), and it takes its toll after a while and makes for some long days. What position do you play?

Right on, bro! That's a shitpile of ball to be playing...I max out at 4 games a week. You must be on a few teams...which means you're probably an ace! I play wherever, but I like 3rd or left field best. I'm not the best arm from the field though. And I don't know the game well enough in my circle to be allowed to play short....though it is my fav position of all. I'm like a 4rd year apprentice ball player...next year I'll be in the money :D.

What do you play?

Hey Squisher, I know this young owner operator who loves to travel, has his own saws and can climb like a mofo. He even has his an air ticket and plenty of hours in a boom...

:/:

I don't know about ace, I think I am just not wise enough to say no when people ask me to play for them! I play third too, that is my home. Do the guys you play with ever ask why do you look so tired all the time lol? I get that all the time... dang desk jockey's!

I haven't had time to Play softball in the last year. I miss it.

Oh well playing in a 12 man team captains choice golf tournament today. Good fun.

The softball league around here is divided into three divisions, A, B, and C. The best teams are in A, a losing season will likely put you into B, and the guys that play mostly so they can drink beer afterwards, are in C. I have played in all three divisions, but I retired. C was the most fun, win or lose you get to party!

Not too bad. If you rely on the news, they make it out to be huge. We are watching it closely as now they are tracking it over water instead of Cuba. Cuba would break it up and the warm water gives it fuel. All I know for now is I get a 3 day weekend, even if it will be raining.

Back