How'd it go today?

That's lousy news for sure. It stings when big work falls through. More so when you don't get a solid answer that you can come to terms with, such as money dried up. Business can be a fickle whore.

Getting back to an earlier subject.... Women in the west are much more suspicious of their spouses or boyfriends being up to hanky panky, when there is no reason to be. I would probably have a hard time living with that at this point. I don't like the sense of being caged within someone's anxiety. Other people probably look at it differently, call it luv or something.

Trust has all but died in America. Some of us trust our spouses many don't. We've also set the bar for perfection so high that many people dwell on it and let it keep them paranoid. Lots of guys worried that they're sweetheart will find someone with more money, a bigger penis, higher social ranking, or better looks. I say the hell with that. If my significant other would leave me in pursuit of those things, id want the loser to get a move on anyhow.

I word myself differently with other crowds like women and elderly and children. With grown men, I just cut to the chase. It's just easier. Less misconception. I've been both loved and hated for being to the point. In person I'm the same way but I smile and laugh a lot so I probably am less arrogant in person.

I think you are right. I have always felt comfortable around folks that are to the point. You don't have to wonder how they really feel about things.

Yep, if I gotta problem you know it. I am no fighter or brawler and I dont aggressive but I will always TELL someone if I got a problem with em. No one I know ever wonders if I am pissed off at em.

Bingo! I think that may be my biggest character flaw if there is such a thing. It is what it is, I am who I am if you don't like it, ah well. I like to the point and I do not like bs. Tell me what you want or what you think.

You guys should come to live with me in Japan, where a whole culture restrains from telling their true feelings. I put my glasses on upside down and walk backwards, is one way to deal with it. Just getting my wife to go back to the market and tell the manager that the pear she bought was hollow inside, has been a real struggle. I tell her to do us a service, and the other people that buy pears too. I get the "Yes, but...." Not being a local yokel to a large extent, I think in the long run it is better to be yourself, maybe slighlly amended sometimes.

I like to be to the point to, but I'm pretty much ready to go in a split-second if things become heated. Always have been that way. If it's going to go to the bell, I prefer to come out swinging first. But I haven't fought anyone physically for about close to 10 years now. I'm not looking for it, but if it comes my way, my hands certainly aren't gonna be in my pockets.

Today was another brutally hot day for around here, temps are cooling off slightly but humidity is up so it doesn't make much difference.

I got a call this afternoon from the city for some 'emergency' work for a horse race that's going on this weekend. Snapped it up, I've re-organized what was already on the schedule. Gotta be there for the big clients.

Taking all next week off, my holidays for this year. Wanted to take some time to show the kiddo around the province a little. We'll be going to Revelstoke to hike in the alpine, hope to spark some high country interest in my daughter.

As per usual now, I'm just swamped right up. Just how I like it.

That sounds like a blast squish. What do you do about the calls that come in while your off? Do you have someone else take them?

I'll field them. I was thinking I should put a message on there to let people know I won't call them back until the Monday after my holidays unless it's an emergency.

Forward them to a small guy in the south Okanagan and you'll be fine. Haha! Have fun in Revelstoke, thats some country I'd like to get to know better. Luckily, I was tackling a decent job up Apex Mountain today. Didn't get hottter than 25 and there was a nice breeze all day to boot. Knocked out 26 lodgepole, engelmann and balsam firs...chipped and left log lengths in a landing for the lovely folks what live up there to use as firewood. Long ass day, but it was fun. Then played a ball game in which all I had left were pop ups...and drank some brews. I loves me some summer. Hoping to go camping in the Christian Valley this weekend.

Dylan, sounds like your getting business. Glad to hear it continues. How is your disposal and equipment set-up setting up? Hope its all growing!

Forecasted high today is 113*. My oldest daughter that lives 20 miles away called. Her A/C unit quit. Repair man is booked until tomorrow afternoon. She wanted to know if I knew "anyone else" that could fix her A/C. Told her in this heat, ALL the repair men would be slammed hard with work. She best pack her and the kids suitcases and get out of the house until Saturday. She didn't understand why wait till Saturday. Explained to her that even when it is fixed late tomorrow, the whole house and furniture will be HOT. It will take it all night Friday night to cool off. Offered her my house to stay in. We will see if I have company for awhile.

Revised the forecast a little. Here are the next 10-day predictions...
112*, 111*, 108*, 97*, 99*, 102*, 104*, 100*, 101*, & 100*.

We are also in a drought.

She called back. She and the kids are on their way to mother-in-law's house for the day. She, hubby, & kids won't sleep there though. They keep the upstairs closed off (where they would sleep) and there are always spiders present when they go in. She can't sleep there.

I'm betting they knock on my door tonight. It's a good thing for me. I get to play with grandkids. :)

Today, little dead bull pine TD between a raod and primaries leaning the wrong way of course on the edge of a steep rock face over a seasonal creek. Shot two lines in it, a guy to keep it from running off the hedge, and a pull line. Both rigged across the road through redirects high so traffic could pass during set up. Levi manned the road in his vest :)
Like clock work. Then a 1/2 dead live oak drop and stage the brush. Hit 100* and we came home. Move the wood off the pull out tomorrow and some clean up in the dudes yard. SHould make for an easy day tomorrow. Sux working lower elevations in this heat though.

I'd die too, Chris.

Was about 50 degrees this morning, with a low overcast, like at the beach. Burned off by 10am, now at 3pm it's hit the high for the day, 74 dgrees. Me likes.
:D

Back