How'd it go today?

Pair of crane jobs today five live oaks at the first only because had him lined up for the second job that was 4 pines 5 oaks and a cherry life is good largest pick 10,000 lbs off to pick up a new to me triple axle dump trailer I scored for a grand after it scared the hell out of the owner who got pushed because of no brake controller:|:

Rained on three times before lunch today, blue skies all around but the sky was pissing on me all morning. I am whooped from 2-3 long weeks and cancelled my second job of the day, quit at noon and ran a few errands. Only two days scheduled so far for next week and if nothing else comes in for a few days then it wouldn't break my heart.

It sounds like you need a rest Brian hope it happens dude, I am off to Westport Mass to stay by a fellow tree worker for a month and get some needed rest and experience tree work American style and do some major climbing I am stoked. The wife and kid are off to England/Scotland to visit her family.

Easy Friday but now I need to get ready for my big concrete job at home in the AM. Looking forward to less mud in the winter!

It sounds like you need a rest Brian hope it happens dude, I am off to Westport Mass to stay by a fellow tree worker for a month and get some needed rest and experience tree work American style and do some major climbing I am stoked. The wife and kid are off to England/Scotland to visit her family.

I hope you have a blast in MA. :)

I learned that in the 90s when I dried out a pair of leather boots. Rubber is the ticket, 7 yards due in an hour!!

Ok. So I was as happy as a kid in a candy store. True that!
Got to go through it today. Wheel bearings, brakes wiring.
The extra is coming off seems overkill.
4b5b5e84-319c-d4d0.jpg

IMO 3 axle trailers are nice on the highway but difficult working in tight areas. The side loads placed on the hubs when turning with a load will constantly destroy bearings and even snap hubs. After you break a few hubs you will become very cautious about how you turn the trailer with a load.

That's a big un!

My grapple trailer is scary when turning with a load, always waiting for something to snap.

Same with the spider lift trailer where I used to work, those things really flexed!

Nice man, thats a big one there!

Long day for me today, no real work but spent about 10 hours at a friends baby shower. Interesting, as I was the only guy in the room lol. Twas quite lonely there, I felt surrounded haha. But good times were had and she had a great day today, glad she got a break from the normal stresses of day to day life and could relax for a few, and talk with friends and family, and eat some awesome food they cooked up.

Drop and leave on 4 doug firs, and two canopy raises/ building clearance yesterday.

Today, killed one bigleaf maple that had a 1/3 tear out from the tri-dominant lead crotch during the winter's ice storm, and reduced a big lead on a maple that leaned toward the preschool that had a big inclusion down to the base. Probably an old stump grown up into an 80' tree. Hope to get the preschool parents' work. Its a cooperative preschool, so parents are generally required to be involved, and at least several are on the Board, so have to know about the work. The rest would be hard pressed not to notice the maple gone, but really hope they see the reduction work. So many guys out there can kill a tree.

I love climbing. I get plenty of bucket work m-th.

I'm a bit tired, but not too bad. Bucket work can make a guy soft. Tractors, too.

John and I went down to Key West yesterday and visited the Key West Butterfly Garden http://www.keywestbutterfly.com/ , very cool place. Actually, it was in an atrium so it was hot!! Did you know butterflys only live about 14 days?

Attachments

• IMG_1117.jpg
    IMG_1117.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1118.JPG
    IMG_1118.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1121.jpg
    IMG_1121.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1124.jpg
    IMG_1124.jpg