How'd it go today?

Wrecked a 4 stemmed Ash today. Yesterday I took a tree off the same guys house, and told him we need to get rid of this Ash before it also ends up there.

His insurance guy called me to try to tell me what I was going to get paid for the tree on the house. He told me my rate should be the same as a plumber's, since he couldn't find Arborist rates in his book. I told him he could pay me the rate of a plumber when my tools will fit in a 5 gallon pail in the back of my grandma's Honda civic. "So you won't take a check for what I'm offering you? " I said. "Nope" :)

Good day otherwise, got a nice trailer load of dead Ash, the guy left us hot dogs to cook on his grill. Good day.

I'd like to smack that agent across the face. His logic was just asinine. I'd tell him his wage should be comparable to a shoe shines.

Esophagus looks odd. Took a biopsy, time will tell. I have had round the clock heartburn for a few years so I wanted to get it looked at. make sure nothing too serious.

Back to the bullet thing, when we were kids a friend of my cousins found a 50 cal anti aircraft round. He took a rock and smashed it, it blew his ankle to pieces:( Guess maybe the rock stopped the case from moving so the bullet had to???

Smashing a 50 cal round is going to cause all kinds of hell. The bullet does come out, but usually not far at all. I've seen 30-06 rounds get thrown in a wood stove more then once. The case bursts and the bullet hits the metal inside. Part of training for many firefighters includes addressing the fact that ammo is in many homes. They still fight the fire, because its proven that the bullets don't fly like if they came outof a chamber.

How about the story of the dimwit that replaced an old style tubular glass auto fuse with a .22 round, then got shot in a very bad place :). I'm pretty sure the Mythbusters show proved that quite possible.

Yes, because the casing was held in the fuse clamps.

Otherwise it will always be the lightest of the two objects that go flying.

The casing.

Day 1 of my 2day refresher/reassessment in emergency 1st aid. I have to re-qualify every 3 years & it is amazing how much you forget in that time period. Worth while training IMHO

Took the day off cause of the heat. My son and I chilled in a friends pool to stay cool. Now I am off to a Willie Nelson concert. Ah second hand smoke.:|:8)

Was doing a simple prune/deadwood on a big tooth aspen when the HO said: "While your here ... " Don't you love when you hear that?
Well, she wanted me to install a tin woodpecker about 30' up the stem ... :roll:

I usually avoid work photo's unless there's something interesting ... couldn't pass up this silly thing ... :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• Woodpecker closeup.jpg
    Woodpecker closeup.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Big Tooth Aspen with Woodpecker.jpg
    Big Tooth Aspen with Woodpecker.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 7
Me too!! Of course, since I've really been shooting birds much more these last two plus years, I'm seeing them everywhere I turn.

In fact, just as I arrived at today's job, a blue heron flew in and landed on the neighbor's roof. His quarry was the coy pond....so I snuck into the backyard with my 7D..but as soon as I came into his view--he was still on the roof-- he took off.

I just uploaded this, from Tuesday.....he's not 50 feet from the nest in a huge cottonwood...with maybe only one chick....
7413899064_7f4b8c8cc6_o.jpg

Back