How'd it go today?

I'm sure glad I've never cut my hands up :lol:
Get some 1x2 and some 1/4" plywood or luan, cut it up, screw it together and put a finish on it. You'll need something to keep it on the saw, but it will be durable, won't tear up chains and will slide on and off withe ease!

Ordered parts for the JD today, I hope this ghetto fix idea works! Started on a 60" finish mower yesterday, spindle bearings are shot! Oriellys thinks the bearing number is good, but it's a Spanish seal so who knows? Bearings are supposed to be in in the am but no seal until Thurs and they only ordered one to see if it's right, I'll need 6!

I got four norway maples to flop, chip the brush and leave the wood firewood length and a wonderful head cold to boot it should be a snot filled fun day.

Anyone notice an influx of cats stuck in trees? I've gotten 3 calls this week. No one wants to pay though. Once the vet starts taking care of your cat for free, I'll rescue them from trees for free. :|:

You gotta Pay to Play! Otherwise," You got your ass up there, now get your ass down." I have yet to do a cat rescue, and with fear of being judged, I'd probably just cut the limb off anyway.:evil:

Ha!

Too many times in the past I've done the rescue for nothing. I get there and see the little fluffy and feel bad.

My time is to valuable these days, with too much to do for my owns self. So I tell them a couple hundo. I actually asked to be taken off the rescue list, and didn't pay Dan Kraus's fee he was trying to get at one point. My name is still up there though. :|:

Now I don't get why a cat that can clumb up is too stupid to climb down .This one obviously can climb both ways .<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZwBSEp6-2DY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's absolutely freakin' amazing ... purrrfect music selection ... LUV'D IT! :)

Did a little heavy deadwooding and 'de-vining' over a mowed area. The big dead branch (black cherry) was about 60' up ... so it was a bit of a hazard.
Really pissed-off some carpenter ants :D

Tried to take a vid ... but pushed the wrong button(s) ... only got a before & after :(

Attachments

• 20120516 Before.jpg
    20120516 Before.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20120516 After.jpg
    20120516 After.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 9
Nice job Jack. Better ants than bees ay? :) Anyhow I think I might have found a solution to my bar cover for my long iron :

581111_10150896059154844_605415691_n.jpg

Sloppy job of cutting with my die grinder, but I think I am happy with it. I initially thought I would split two bar covers but this is enough to suffice. I tested it out with bare hands and it passed :) Back to work tomorrow...hopefully don't blow out anymore stitches...already blown out 3? Typing sucks now as I have no feeling in the tip of my pinky...

Cody drill a hole at the end of the cut to help prevent it from traveling. I have done it a hundred times on cracked dirt bike plastic, before I learned to ride. It works slick.

That's a cool solution, Cody! +1 on the (stress relief) hole at the end of the slit. ;)

True that, about cherry ... I've had a lot of vines this season for some reason. They sure are hard on the trees! Hope it's not too late for that tree. :)

I dropped a nice cherry when I built my shop that must have had a half a pick up load of poison ivy all over it .I mean vines as thick as your thumb .

I got a dozen maybe 14 12inch planks an inch thick and 20 feet long .Plus what ever the flitches cut out .No knots ,straight as a pool cue at least fine and select every bit of it .It was no record but certainly a nice saw log and well worth the effort to salvage it .

It's going on maybe 8-10 years now so it's dry enough to do something with if I ever figure out what .

"Cool solution"....I guess if you are happy with it, but where I come from it's more known as a hack solution. A little short on cosmetics. :lol: That being said, I have one bar wound up in a big piece of burlap. I don't mind so much taking it off, but putting it on is a pita, especially when fatigued. :|:

Good but long day today. Did a fairly large Sugar Maple removal. Had to lower one side and I could bomb a lot of the other. Thing had a nice large hollow about 15ft up, and the two leaders were cracking apart another 15ft above the hollow, so it was a bit hairy. Was able to drop it after lunch and clean up went fairly smooth with the mini.

Dad had a bit of an oops tho when he forgot to close the trailer doors before moving it with a good load of wood on the back. He goes to back down a hill while I'm trying to grapple a piece that rolled away and out goes about half the load I had worked to put in there lol. Nothing damaged, just added about 30 minutes to the job and some aggravation. Needless to say he'll remember to shut those doors from now on, as will everyone else on the crew.

Damn, I love the mini/dump trailer combo though, best investment I have ever made. It's so great not having to load wood by hand, or ask the farm to borrow a tractor to pick up pieces or get our buddies skid steer. And wow, can't say I miss having to unload the old trailer full of wood by hand. Now I just press a button and sit back and watch the wood roll out the back 8):D

Reminds me Adrian, awhile back I saw a large delivery service truck driving down a busy street and suddenly one of the large back doors swung open and essentially blocked the other half of the street as he was rolling along at a good clip. It was swinging in and out with the undulations in the road. if a car had been coming the other way it could have been very bad, the door at about the height of a regular car's windshield. If someone on a bicycle or motorcycle was coming the other way, it could have been fatal. I was on my bike and caught up with him when he pulled in at some company, after he was coming out from the front door after making the delivery. After my saying something about it, pretty much all he had to reply was, "Oh", with a why bother me look on his face. It seemed like no big deal to him, and as if it might happen pretty regular. :\: it wasn't like I gave him a hard time, just said it looked very scary, a little public service cautionary, so to speak.

Started this little project today. We have done other work on this property before and we are currently working on part of the mile long driveway anyway. One of our county judges lives in the house above this section. He has hired us to start on his section as well as his sister in law's place that we currently are doing. See what we find in this mess as we go :D

This piece of land is shared by both.

Attachments

• Parrish #2.jpg
    Parrish #2.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 3
Tail gates .One of Tom's idiots took off with the pick up truck,044 in the back ,tail gate down .Sawless when got to the job .Well he doesn't work for Tom any more .

Still going strong with my little Vermeer. I'm just swamped here, booked way out. Trying not to lose to many jobs from being booked so far and pushing anyone who can wait into the heat of the summer when things traditionally die down here.

Took a big willow lead out today that I would've just about killed for a grcs for. Used the mini to lift with and went conservative and got it done though.

Back