How'd it go today?

Boy was it windy today! Had to climb two trees, did them before 8. After I came down it was like a like switch turned and the wind was howling. Luckily was able to drop the other trees, leaf blowing on the other hand was barely possible. Tshirts last week, sweat shirt with a fire going today!

Boy was it windy today! Had to climb two trees, did them before 8. After I came down it was like a like switch turned and the wind was howling. Luckily was able to drop the other trees, leaf blowing on the other hand was barely possible. Tshirts last week, sweat shirt with a fire going today!

The wind was nasty here today too! 2 big spruce removals on our local golf course. I had them both on the ground by 11 and was done climbing for day. Climbing in the wind just makes everything so much harder.

Gusty here today too. One big hand climb willow removal. My tie in point keep moving around in the wind and throwing me off balance, just glad to be done.

I got to be a bucket baby today, slaying two water oaks. I'm sure glad my buddy Mike has one! It sucks when you have to climb EVERYTHING, like all the other treecos I've worked with before.

And no, I don't test run the lift.

Meh, I still like the feel of a living thing beneath my feet and the challenge of working the tips ...... It will rub off some day :lol:

Ski school today. Last day of the season for the home schoolers up on the slopes. Got the whole beginners class racing down the hill by the end of the day. Twas sweet. Levi and Seth both rocked the slopes today as well. I was very proud of them. 2 foot of fresh powder on the four we got last week. Sweet conditions. Beauty of a day.
Oh well. Back to slaying storm damaged trees tomorrow.

Nice day today, I took down some sort of Araucaria. Bugger of a thing to get into, had to use my polesaw to clear a way in then it was ok.

I thought it was a Cook Island pine but I'm not sure now, not spikey like a Bunya and not sappy like a Norfolk. I hope I haven't killed something rare, but it was in a bad spot.

Anyway I've got a bin full of seeds so if I can't figure out what it was I'll grow some.::?

Did a storm clean up today and it went faster than expected. Allowed me to come home and do some estimates. Lost one though. Ran into my friendly competition at the market today and they landed a crane job I estimated. I doubted I was going to get it anyway. The HO had used our local arborist up here for a lot of work prior and was taking three estimates with his also. I guess the guy he was going to have do the work (local arborist) is still having some emotional issues since he lost his son not long ago, and not up for doing the work. Andy said he could do it sooner than me so he got it. No biggie.
Turns out the he and the crane guy started the job this morning and the PTO on the crane broke. SO the crane is still sitting there and they have to go back once it's fixed. Turns out the crane was only a 17 ton and I would have liked a bigger one on the job myself. See what happens when they finish. Guy is a friend of my parents, so I will hear what went on. ;) I did get the other job down the street which is cool. More rigging and lowering. More my forte anyway.

Day started out with wind blown sleet and rain so I called it a day off. Cleared up by 11 or noon so I decided after lunch I would go clean up a storm damaged pine out back. I posted the pics of it before all twisted and down. 90 foot tops just laid over. Trying to get some oaks cleaned up out back and it was in the way. Down to just pole saw and climbing now. All the brush is cleaned up and burned for the most part.
P1010242.jpg P1010241.jpg P1010244.jpg P1010245.jpg P1010246.jpg

Each one of those tops are about 24" right before the union just for reference. The base of the tree midway between the limb and the ground, just below chest high, is about 48".

And I just cut my power cord to my lap top with a chair leg... gall dang it!

ARRRRRRRRRG!:X

Last Saturday, after finishing a removal, I stopped by mom's house to take a limb off from over her driveway since I had everything with me in the truck.

Set everything up, tied a Blake's hitch on my climb line, put on my PPE and tied into the tree while still standing on the ground.

Leaned back in the saddle to check for "pinch points" and was able to just continue walking backwards. My climb line would not get tight.

Looked at my hitch... I tied it upside down. That sucker was never going to grab.

Stoopid me. :)

Now that would be freaky......

More wind throws today.. Looked at some trees for an equipment operator putting in a retaining wall. See what happens. Waiting on his call back. Tomorrow is slash and burn on a slope under a house if we get a burn day. If not, slash and chip above a mile long driveway. Gotta love it.
All my fells today went dead on... that felt good as they were all leaning pretty heavily and needed to swing at least 45 out.

Busier than hell here. I'm booked wayyyyyyy out and working weekends and all that jazz. Time to make bank!

Today was a bit bizarre in the afternoon. We were re-topping some fir trees for a view, they've been done countless times before. Well it was at a rental property and inbetween when I bid it and today the renter(I'm guessing) had gone nutz in the yard with a hatchet. Totally bizarre, he had climbed one of the firs whacking limbs at random and had hacked his way through one of the tops, then had also hacked off limbs here and there on some other trees and had put about a dozen hatcet strikes into a young Oak. I seen that idiot poking his eye out the blinds, I had to fight the biggest urge to flip that dillhole the bird.

Some people are just idiots.

Oaks are fairly uncommon around here too. The sad and somewhat ironic part of it is I have one slated for removal tomorrow because it shades the garden.

Got screwed by a giant bougainvillea and some non-English speaking clients today. At the consult they said they wanted it two feet shorter. I did the whole thing and they said they wanted more and acted as if I hadn't done much yet. I opted to shut my mouth and give a smile and do the whole thing again. Grrrr

Got it done, took my dinero and left with us all still being friends. Sure wish I spoke Mandarin,

love
nick

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zay00s
love
nick

Back