How'd it go today?

How's the Thomas mini? I use a Thomas skid steer at the processor, and that thing is built well and has amazed me many times over considering its not a real expensive unit. It's a real work horse.

I have one of those properties too Brendon. Every time I have taken the DR over there to push into the PO forest, something breaks. Last time it was the engine. It ain't going back ever again. 3 for 3.

Thanks Stig. Sure was nice having you here as well. Wish you lived out this way. We would have some serious fun out in these woods. :)

Stig, almost forgot to mention, we were over at Channa's today where that large valley oak was at. Working over the crest of the hill now. No burn days and not wet enough anyway. Staging some big ol burn piles. Place is coming out nice and she has been more diligent about spraying the poison oak since you were there.

Another day, another shit ton of Honey Suckle cut down at my part time job today. I was reminded how much untrained people can suck to work with. Worked with the guy who pays me, his wife, and their daughter who's in town. Mostly just honey suckle and cutting down some small trees, but it was irritating how they paid little to no attention to what I was cutting, where they were in relation to me, etc. Had to be on my toes more than usual. Everything went well though.

Sometimes I'll gently let some brush fall toward somebody who isn't paying attention just to get their attention. But most of the time I will be extra diligent to avoid hitting anybody working in or near the kill zone. Just the ones being dumb and completely ignoring me will get a pine cone or something to remind them of the effects of gravity.

I did work at a house where the woman let her kids come play under the tree I was working in, while bombing limbs out! She was oblivious.

That happened to me two years ago. Grand kids dogs the whole lot. When I cam down to ask her to go for a walk or something and explained the situation she kindly went to the beach. Unfortunately she put a load of laundry in beforehand and all my gear was soaked from the bad septic system. I think she did it out of spite.

EWWE :P

Today I woke up with the flu. But decided I felt good enough to walk... I should be able to work. HA! Went up two pondos over a barn with the HO lowering pieces while Rob worked on another project 5 acres away. Got the roof clearance and then did an oak from the ground. Knees got shaky. Light headed. Was everything to clean up after myself. I crawled up in the cab of the truck with the chills for 3 hours while Rob finished his part of the job. Think I will go back to bed:sick2:

Hope you feel better soon Stephen. I just got over a week of the flu or some type of food poisoning and it really wasn't any fun at all. On a brighter note, I had the chipper and the bucket truck in for service and just got them back. I had a hole laundry list of things done on the chipper, a lot of which was preventative maintenance so we can avoid expensive problems and time lost when it gets really busy. I have more I would like to do, including a new loaded axle, as well as possibly media blasting and repainting. I could not be more pleased with the Morbark/Carlton dealer here, their service is outstanding. I can not say the same about Vermeer here. Anyways, the f750 bucket truck was throwing some codes and going into limp mode. New coolant sensor, thermostats, coolant reservoir, block heater, and coolant flush and we are back in business.

The flu sucks get well soon.
I moved all of my shop into my GF's house so my day is going to be fulled with re shelving everything, let the good times roll.

I got my chip truck from the shop, too. Feels good to be rolling strong.

An important maintenance reminder, tighten bolts. Things vibrate loose over time. Just happens. I was loosing trans oil and getting water splashing in because the top plate on the trans had finger-tight bolts on it.

Leaking brake cylinder and new rear shoes on one side, new battery cables, a replacement for a stripped lug nut, tightening some hoses, $1420, less to worry about with so many irons in the fire and bun in the oven, priceless.

A lazy Sunday afternoon today, a 60' Put on Ground Only Pine in a back yard that was damaged by the recent storm.

I had pretty good day .Got the lawnmower running,carb .A hedge trimmer,carb .Trimmed the hedge and dropped a dead ash tree .

Poor old Tom didn't have a good day .Broke the big gear on the turning unit of his Hi-Ranger .Evidently the bolts came loose on the hydramotor .

He had plans of changing the booms anyway as they are too old to be recertified after this year .He just wasn't planning on doing it quite so soon .Chit happens .

hope you get yer health back soon Stephen.

Girl Band practiced here today. I took the dogs outside and enjoyed the nice weather. Moved a flower bed I was tearing out over to my sisters next door. Dragged more piles of brush up by the chipper and did a bit of ground leveling.

Have the last bit of sanding to do on drywall and then heading out to get some paint for two rooms.

Worked my GSP on some migrating woodcock today. We moved 12 birds in an hour and called it quits on a good note.

IMAG0396.jpg

IMAG0397.jpg

I always like German Short Haired Pointers, my uncle had one when I was growing up. We bought a new to us morbark stump grinder this weekend, the price was awesome and we could not pass it up.

Back