How'd it go today?

One of my guys wants to upgrade to his class A with the k boom and my dump trailer. Any of my guys that wants to better themselves, I'm glad to help along 8)

Great that you'll help 'em out Willie. Ready for the "I'm worth more now" conversation?:)

Got to use the GRCS today to pull a top that had fallen out of a Black Oak onto a couple 5th wheel campers. Worked sweet and sure saved me a lot of goofing around.:D

Still a bit wet today from the rain we've had, so did some odd and end jobs around town, no climbing at all.

Parts from Dave came in for the mini today as well, should be fixed up and running in a day or so, and can finally go out and make some money with it 8)

The difference in value between an A and a B is minute here. The more a guy is worth, the more I am glad to pay him. I tell guys when they come to work, the more money you make me, the more I can pay you

Speaking of raises, that reminds me I need to talk to Dad about one haha.

Beautiful day here today, highs in the low 80's, unusual for March around here. Spent the day spreading dirt and doing odd ball tasks on a large property we work on. Chance of rain tomorrow, but hoping it misses us so we can finish up a beautiful, huge oak prune.

My aunt came down from up North and we went out to breakfast today with the kids, my mom and dad. Sent Rob up to a burn we needed to finish. Supposed to rain on and off all week, so working close to home in case we need to bail the jobs due to weather. I met up with him after breakfast to finish out the burns and maybe do some more clearing on the job. Got up there and the winds came up. Hardly any rain. We shut down the burns and went home. Just driving up to check on the situation every hour or so to see if everything is holding well. No water on the site so all we can do is cut lines around the fires and stir the coals from time to time to aid in them cooking off. See how it goes tomorrow.

its been raining here almost nonstop since late monday night. thankfully its been pretty light during the day. pruned live oaks today, going back to clean up the mess and prune and remove a few more tomorrow. im not a real big fan of making a big mess without cleaning as we go, but the boss thinks its faster this way.hopefully the rain will stay light.

A few small jobs that made a complete day. It seems we are up and rolling for the year. Damn it feels so good to be rockin and rolling with full sunshine and a mild spring breeze.

Yeah the phone has been going like mad. Seems like every jobsite has a while you are here, next door. I'm loving the plant health care side we are venturing into this year.

I had always heard that there was crazy money involved in it. Just had to see it to believe it.

No matter what anyone says, the US is still a very wealthy country, and there is great diversity in what people are willing to spend money on. No place like it in that regard. People living and working there, really should know that they are living in the midst of opportunity...be thankful or whatever..... Many customers want to pay fair too, lots of other places the norm is trying to cut you off at the knees. :(

Just when I thought it was getting too quiet, phone started ringing again. Weirrrrrrrd :/:
Maybe people are thinking spring clean up now. Usually get those calls after March :dontknow:
Have to go look at a vacant county building tomorrow for a maintenance deal. See what up.

No matter what anyone says, the US is still a very wealthy country, and there is great diversity in what people are willing to spend money on. No place like it in that regard. People living and working there, really should know that they are living in the midst of opportunity...be thankful or whatever.....

Jay, I agree even in the midst of the economic downfall there were plenty of money making opportunities. If you looked or hustled. It pissed me off when I heard someone say they couldn't find a job during that time.

Made me realize that having a vast set of skills was the key to success. No diversity=no job

Ole Tom is changing the booms on his bucket truck .In the process danged if he didn't pressure wash a pair of baby red squirrels right out of the boom .

They are feeding them with an eye dropper so if they make it three days looks like he's got a pair of pet squirrels .Fact I just told him about the milk formula I had mentioned on another thread .

Lots of babies this time of year. Got to stop and check any nests before buzzing through with the chainsaw.
Al, get some pics of the red skwerls if you can. :)

Indeed I will .

I found some interesting info on red squirrels .The female only comes in esterus for one day .Prior to though she makes herself known by flaunting her stuff so to speak .She will mate with 4 to 16 males in the course of that one day .Busy little girl so to speak .

Gestation period of 31 to 50 or so days .Life expentancy of average 2.3 years with max at around 8 .

I looked up fox squirels too .The average in the wild is 8 to 12 years .In captivity up to 18 years .They are the largest of the tree squirrels and the longest living .They have two litters a year but the mortality rate of baby fox squirrels is high .

Unlike the red squirrel the fox squirrel does not reach full maturity for about a year .

I have a woods full of these things with all the nut trees .You see them get frisky on those occasional sunny winter days chasing one another with lust in their eyes .The first litter is normally born early as late Jan up to about this time in March .

In about a month around these parts on nice days momma fox squirrel will take the babies on an outing .There are a hoot to watch romping around .If I am on my patio enjoying a beverage and remain extremely still they will often get within 10 feet of me .Little rabbits will do the same thing if you don't spook them .Baby coons too .

If I'm out there the red tail hawks won't make a dive for them .

I hired in a bucket truck this morning, mine hasn't arrived from the manufacturer yet, and I am getting tired of climbing everything at this point. Wrecked two small Willows, and a decent sized one over a garage. Smartened up for once and put a big bar on the big saw, much more enjoyable in 32" wood with a 36" bar rather than a 20". Debris stayed, home at lunch. First ride of moto tonight.

What does a green 26 year old know about stuff?:lol:

( Sorry, Brendon, you just got caught in the transcontinental bar-length crossfire!)

Back