How'd it go today?

Cool.

Because I live in communist Canada I may be able to secure some funding for education of me and my employee so I've been poking around a bit at what's out there.

Dog Training! Lmao.

My dog locked me outta my house once. Ha! It was so funny - I was so amused! Plus, I had two strippers with me. Lordy. It all worked out well.

And I say stripper lightly I guess cuz that's what they were doing; I worked the bar. I even gave them their first pole on the stage for something different.

Amsteel strength would be reduced by a massive amount with any knot. You would be better off using a porta wrap

The tensionless anchor method works great when having to tie Amsteel, but I wasn't going to climb an uprooted, tipped 30 degrees, resting in a rotten, tipping hemlock, cedar in order to use it. The Running bowline was set from the ground via throwline. We knew where it would break if it did break. We didn't want to break it, but a lot less so than

We used the spliced eye, attached to the winch hook, via a shackle on the other end. If we need to shorten the line, then we use a big POW. Agreed.

Our biggest concern was not to allow the failed tree to smash the septic tanks or fence. We had rain, wind, and a bit of snow to deal with during the operation, as well as an old Cat, operated by someone not familiar with tree related work.

The tensionless anchor method works great when having to tie Amsteel, but I wasn't going to climb an uprooted, tipped 30 degrees, resting in a rotten, tipping hemlock, cedar in order to use it. The Running bowline was set from the ground via throwline. We knew where it would break if it did break. We didn't want to break it, but a lot less so than

We used the spliced eye, attached to the winch hook, via a shackle on the other end. If we need to shorten the line, then we use a big POW. Agreed.

Our biggest concern was not to allow the failed tree to smash the septic tanks or fence. We had rain, wind, and a bit of snow to deal with during the operation, as well as an old Cat, operated by someone not familiar with tree related work.

Point taken & agreed.
A porta wrap can be used instead of a knot also, but it uses a lot of rope & you can't sinch it up.

Come down for the Accident prevention and Aerial Rescue class on April 14th. This SRT class was great, had a great team and the students were stoked.

Gotta love the weather we've been getting here. Thunderstorms and tornado's a few days ago, then today we get 3-4 inches of snow. Yet another day off from work again, gonna go pick up my GTI from the shop, after that I don't really have much planned, so we'll see how it works out.

46 degrees this morning, was in the mid 80s yesterday. This is winter in Florida though, should be our final blast of cool air for the year. All the trees are leafing out already.

Got off early so I had tome to let the "kids" out to enjoy the sunshine for a while....

4ac00b2a.jpg

574730a7.jpg

I managed to borrow a very competent faller from a competitor, so we are a bit less stressed out now.

That sure took the pressure off, which was nice.

Even nicer was that I got an offer from one of our British Housers to come over and help out.
Too late, unfortunately, as I'd already hired the other guy.

But it still warmed my heart:)

England is in Europe, Burnham.

Short bar territory:lol:

Should I post that picture of me with the 60" bar again, just to remind you?

No wonder you didn't accept the offer, then :/:.

No, I recall well enough :D. It was so out of the ordinary for you that it stands out in my mind.

;)

Back