How'd it go today?

Damn! Day got a lot better! A J and I went and ran an old box spring over the neighbor that moved new drive. I had him get a buddy of mine for the gravel and he'd "gated" it rather nicely. But it needed a little work. Ran the box spring a few times to finish it off.
He showed up with two 1.75's of cheap whiskey, and a 1.75 of Jack black! My back and fingers don't hurt nearly as bad now!
Funny, even a lot of "country folk" don't even get how much something so simple can help.

Spent a good part of the weekend closing in my carport so I can protect my baby from the elements. Tired of the dust blowing through and covering the car every day or two. The crappy imitation brick is getting painted as well, I've hated it since buying the house 13 years ago.

IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

You going to be able to put a door on it Brian with out the town giving you grief for permits or what not?
Looks good.

Neighbor stopped by today (I am trying to do almost nothing today :roll: ) and said he has a black oak over his house he would like me to look at. I ask him how long he has lived there, 25 years, alrighty.. Guess it did not just sneak up on him. I'll go over this afternoon and see what's up. Personally would not have a CA black oak leaning over my house, but he wants to keep it and the shade. See what ideas I can come up with.

Tore drywall off walls and half the floor up in my back room. Not much framing to replace; just a couple split studs. cleaned the rest of the basement out, threw everything outside & got it all loaded into the dumpster. Ceiling and rest of floor should be out tomorrow, then I can start putting it back together.

I bet you didn't drink the cheap stuff first Andy.

Grinding stumps today from a job last week, wrecked another good old yard. A few natives, some citrus and a fairly big Liquid Amber. Plus a nice Brush Box, one of my favourite trees.

The people buying everything around here hate trees.:(

:/:
Well, just got back from the first ski day with students. Class went well and I had a lot of help with the kiddos..
Here's a little tid bit (Burnam will probably understand this best), 7200 feet up and only 24" of snow... Not much more at 8000. Kid of scary. If we don't start getting some snow pack soon, we will be in quite the severe drought more so than we already are. We were literally skiing across grass and brush today:|:

Hopefully the kids will get to ski again in the next couple weeks. :dontknow:
This is Levi's first year, I was hoping he would have more of a chance to school up this year like Seth had the last two years. Oh well. Kids had a blast anyway.

Went to Columbia, MO on Saturday. Back home yesterday. Worked today. Leave in the morning for Lawrence, KS. Back home Wednesday.

My brother was supposed to upgrade the electric at the rental over the weekend. He was sick so it didn't get done. Central heat/ac is being installed today and tomorrow. Guess it will look good and not work for awhile. One of these days it will get wired up.

I bet you didn't drink the cheap stuff first Andy.

Grinding stumps today from a job last week, wrecked another good old yard. A few natives, some citrus and a fairly big Liquid Amber. Plus a nice Brush Box, one of my favourite trees.

The people buying everything around here hate trees.:(

You would lose that bet my friend! Still 3/4 of the Jack left, on the second bottle of the cheap stuff! I don't get Jack often, I've learned to stretch it out!
Took the coffee table out and sanded it again, I just wasn't happy with it! I could see striations from the brush strokes etc. and it bothered me!
I sanded it down with the random orbital, then wet sanded, the steel wool. I then put two coats, thin coats, rubbing it in with a rag. Wet sanded again, steel wool again, and three coats of wax. Much better, just trying to get the "sheen" I want now.

I always had you pegged as an optimist, unlike me I'd just drink the best first in case something happened.

Or maybe it's just that I was told to leave the best till last, never did go along with that idea.

Cracked the petrol tank on my Echo polesaw somehow monday two weeks ago, ordered one straight away. Called in today to get it, not there. Maybe four weeks.

Took a while tonight but I got one online from the US, should be here in a few days.8)

More work on the garage this afternoon (worked this morning). One more coat of white and then I'll start on the trim. I also have gray concrete floor paint for the porch.

IMG_2088.jpg

Second on the nice. Are you sure about the gray concrete paint? I seem to recall from my patio work that you can put on something that leaches color into the surface (concrete dye?), other than a paint coating. It might even be a prep for the paint that gets left as is. I think a beige or rose type stain might look good there, over hard looking paint. Just a critique from afar....:)

Jay, I'm not overly particular about what I use. I just want to cover the 40 years worth of stains, paint splatters, mold and whatever else is there. Painting it after I'm done painting the walls is easier than putting down drop cloths and cleaning it thoroughly. I'm eventually going to pour a walkway approximately where the square stepping stones are laid out so I have a more permanent walking path from the driveway to the door, and then I'll probably tile the porch or put down some sort of textured decorative concrete or something. The porch is pitched towards the front door so water puddles there and that has to be addressed.

Looking good Brian.

Finished tearing the back room down to the framing, removed all the interior walls form my pole barn (once used as recording studio) and finished filling 20yd dumpster.

I'm whooped, time for some dinner.

Brian... Good to see you can finally enjoy your house, now that the old hag is gone.

Now if only the yipper would bite it... :/:

Back