How'd it go today?

GRCS is an awesome tool. I will be able to justify having it eventually... It is climbing the list :lol:
As far as the day.... The WRAPTOR ROCKS!!!!! :rockon: Cabling job today in an 80+ foot tall oak... Haul me and everything up with the Wraptor. Rig out a limb in the way. Splice all 3 of the slings on one side.. Swing over, install multiple slings and lines on the other leader. Rap out. Go back up with Wraptor to pull the rigging we left to pull up the limbs we cabled to set system. Rap back down...
Man I love having an elevator in the tree. :D Home owner very impressed once again. :)
Paul, you ROCK man :rockon:

Bleah! Built the face of a cabinet this morning, 76" wide, 36" high, three hinged doors and one open cabinet. It was getting stained this afternoon and going in Friday, I hope I cut it right!
Then on to wiring, two lights, one light/ceiling fan, all wired together. Move the GFI ten ft. and add another. Add another outlet to the living room off the bathroom wall etc. Pain in the ass all the way and they kept changing their minds as we went plus trying to us as much of the old stuff as we could to save a buck. Stupid!
I got done at eight tonight, I hurt like hell and don't see me doing jack tomorrow!

Pruning day. Nice house, nice trees, nice dogs......and their nice crap :/:
the lawn was full.....
I've been paying a lot ( and I mean a lot) of attention to it all day then it happened. How do you say, shit happens....

Set the ladder to go up the last cherry tree and I didn't realize I got a big one under my right shoe....

I only realized that when I had a face to face with it comin' down from the branch I was standing on .
But then it was too late. Rope was save, the saddle not. I got mad. I really hate when it happens.

It's a matter of respect. Guess they don't even know what respect is. They don't even respect their dogs.
And as usual, they were very wealthy persons.

That was not my customer , I was climbing for another guy. If the job was mine, I would have warned them before.

If you clean ok, if not.... then it's gonna be pricey.

Bummer. I had dog poop on my job today as well. I don't blame the HO though as she usually has the area clean and the dogs had just been out. That and we were a day early. Today's job got cancelled as the HO is selling the property and it just went into escrow. No biggie.
So pruned off the orchard ladder today a few mimosa and fruit trees. Then went and did several oaks along her drive way. Got paid and went home. Tomorrow is ski instruction orientation (last minute, is was supposed to be first week of January but no snow) so the schedule worked out. :)

Had a good day today. Drove an hour and a half away to do a job with my uncle. 5 removals, chips shot into the woods, wood stays, no rake up. I needed a break from sitting on the processor. It wasnt about money, I was eager to get out on a job with him as its been awhile. We blew out our work by 1, and sat on the chipper infeed laughing about old times for awhile afterwards. I did climb on 11 mm for the first time today. I LOVE how I can make a monkey fist and whip that thing a long ways through the tree. I was dazzled by how well that stuff throws. Needless to say, I'm going to switch. We wrapped up and he paid me, against my wishes. He walked around his truck and opened the toolbox behind the cab. Handed me a 441 and said "enjoy it"...... I don't understand why he gave me it. I mean, I have a fleet of saws. He just insisted it was a good tool and he'd like to see it make me money....? Weird I guess. My father died when I was very young and my uncle raised me as his son from the age of 2 on. I suppose he still regards me that way.?

Just got home with a new to me '06 Vermeer 600xl Chipper. In great shape except for the latch on the battery compartment door.

Took off earlier and it was nice and sunny...halfway there i hit rain and it continued 'til I made it home. Driving at night in the rain isn't my favorite entertainment, glad to be home.

My father died when I was very young and my uncle raised me as his son from the age of 2 on. I suppose he still regards me that way.?

You never got around to posting more about your uncle, remember from 3 or 4 weeks ago? You told a good story before in one or 2 paragraphs, maybe that is the best way to leave it, unless you think up more to write about the hardcore tree man.

You never got around to posting more about your uncle, remember from 3 or 4 weeks ago? You told a good story before in one or 2 paragraphs, maybe that is the best way to leave it, unless you think up more to write about the hardcore tree man.
Time really does take its toll in this business. He did the bulk of the climbing yesterday and I can see clearly he is slowing down. He has all the skill and talent he ever had, but I noticed fast he needs a long while to get warmed up in the mornings. I put a 24" bar on that 441 and am going to order a full chisel skip chain to match. I've always felt the 441 needed to be wound up high to keep its power alive. I'm thinking skip chain will let her keep the rpms up.

I'm slower too, but compared to the average joe that still makes me about on par or better with everyone else.

Worked on cabinets today, my table saw got quite the work out! Built the backs and blocked them in, stabbed myself with the screw gun in the thumb right off the bat! Man that hurt!
Got the backs and side covers in, built the shelves, leveled the rails and put them in, going good!
The face fit! Man I was happy over that! Fit and looked good, I wasn't sure! Had to take out and adjust one shelf as my math was wrong.
Learned how to cut angles on the table saw as her husband didn't make everything as square as it should be, 12 1/2" on the front, 11 3/4" on the back, but it looks good.
Nailing the face on I was using my finger as a gauge for locating the 2x4's to nail to. All was well until the last one. Put a damn 1 3/16" brad right through my index finger left hand! That hurt, but pulling my finger off the nail hurt a lot worse! Went right down the side of the 2x4 and angled it perfectly!
Pulled the nail out with pliers, wrapped the finger with electrical tape and finished nailing the face. I was done after that!

Back