How'd it go today?

Wow just got back from a mountain bike ride, been riding at the same trails for 4 years but a couple of months ago they put up a sign "all pets on leash". Rufus loves to run with me when I ride. Anyway came across some dude who had a big german shepard on leash and he just went off shouting that I was a F###ing asshole because I was breaking the rules. I stopped and as calmly as I could told him that just because my dog was off leash didn't give him the right to cuss at me:X At this point he tried to get his dog to attack Rufus because in his words he needed to be punished for breaking the rules:|: I really wanted to kick his ass but then with 2 big dogs there it would have gotten ugly quick so I just rode...

I just don't get people these days. just because there is a sign now EVERYBODY has to comply or be punished. I should put up a sign asking them all to shoot themselves.....

So Jay, you thinking of offering factory seconds?

Dude, lighten up on yourself. Take a couple pictures of it before you "fix" it and keep the picture for a giggle later in life. As Burnam has said, anyone one of us that has made something has had one of those moments. You are not alone. I am so hard on myself for a mistake sometimes I have to go take a long walk. At least you did not cut the wrong tree down......:|:

Jay once I cut out about 40 little angle iron legs for a spike harrow we were building. I ground them all and they looked perfect. Dingbat me 20 of them were just fine and the other twenty were for the other side and so needed to be a mirror image of the first twenty not exactly like them. I've done more of those type things than I can remember.

Everyone, thanks a lot for the thoughts. A mistake like that is sort of overwhelming until I get it sorted out. Been getting to my shop kind of late recently, been blaming it on the cold, but the sooner I get there and get a fire going, the easier it is to get in the mindset of proper concentration, etc, for a good day's work. Kind of a wake up call to return to the better way of doing things. I need to get back to some better discipline, and my wife and I are up early getting it in gear with a new plan about it today. Really, thanks. :)

Sorry to read about the confrontation on the bike trail, Paul, no excuse for aggression like that.

Just working on our baseboard and door trim projects after the laminate floor install, bleeding into our window retrimming. Surfing between sections. Snow day in Olympia, a rare winter occurrance.

What a day. Few errands this morning, estimate, blah blah. Went to the house to work on things, somehow almost all the cabinets are hung, and already stuffed with plates, cups, ya know. What a good feeling. Work tomorrow, going to freeze my ass off.

Not much today .Second day of a three day off period of those 12 hour days thanks to Alan M. the same guy that screwed Rotax Robert at Boeing.

Tom and lady Donna visited a few hours yesterday .Carried in some more ash to feed the fire and played on the internet .

Oh revilation ! Found out how to rebuild batteries on De Walt 18 volt batteries for just about 1/2 of a factory rebuild or 1/4 of new price .Great day in the morning ,I see the light .:D

Rain this morning, heavy. That's about all I needed, got some big bills this month.

Jay, had a few things on my mind lately as well.

Making some beer a couple of weeks ago and I forgot the sugar, ended up with lite.:barf:

The apprentice forgot where he had put his 660 an felled a tree on top of it today!

Small tree, luckily, or he would have needed the 660 to fell it, so he got off lucky: a broken brake handle and a broken front handlebar.

He told me afterwards that he was amazed that I didn't yell at him.

Way I see it,it is only a saw, shit happens.

Of course we'll tease him mercilessly about it for the next 2½ years:lol:

Well played. Yelling at him is not going to make him more careful than smashing the saw will, and that's already done. Yelling would only get your blood pressure up, and you'd lose. An expensive lesson learned inexpensively. Something like that will make him more careful all around, if he's sensible at all.

Al, the XRP 18 volt batteries?
Yeah 18 volt .These are the short ones . sub C something or other size at about two bucks a pop . http://www.voltmanbatteries.com/servlet/StoreFront .

Dumb me I never gave it a thought before about rebuilding .Fact I've got a 9.6, a 12 and and an 18 volt drill I just parked because the batteries cost as much as a complete new drill set . The last one is a 19.2 which replaced the18 volt Dewalt .I like the DeWalt because it's a hammer drill .

Been getting to my shop kind of late recently, been blaming it on the cold, but the sooner I get there and get a fire going, the easier it is to get in the mindset of proper concentration, etc, for a good day's work. Kind of a wake up call to return to the better way of doing things. I need to get back to some better discipline

Wise words. :)
For me it's exactly the same. Waking up early in the morning gives me a better energy and the proper concentration for the day,
a sort of better balance. Im a little bit tired these days, lot of work going on and no break, so I've been waking up a little later than usual.
That doesn't help , leaves me with the sensation of being in hurry for the all day, not a good feeling.

Not a good day today. Been called on Saturday by a landscaper who occasionally does tree work. The guy working for him got a bad cut with the handsaw and couldn't finish the job. So he called a me asking if I could help him: " It's just a couple of plants..." The bucket he rented was too small for the trees( two Lindens and two badly topped Elms), cars parked where we had to work , and his crew...well....better say nothing. Left home at six in the morning and come back just now, around seven. Freezing day, 5 minus this morning and below zero for the all day.
Should start to say no to certain people.

Yah it's -13 at my place today. I find that even though I function fairly well in that temp it seems like it's just begging for a breakdown. So I cut my losses by staying home and keeping the fire stoked.

Koala if somebody called me out and wasted my time I'd still be billing for it.

Job has been done. He didn't even say thank you but who cares... he will be receiving the bill tomorrow morning ;)

Back