How'd it go today?

Poor Jasper. That's just not right.

Stephen, hope Kat finds out good news.

Spent the day removing the attic fan at the rent house. Then I decided to go ahead and remove the floor furnace. Now I have a big hole in the hallway ceiling and a big hole in the living room floor.

The locksmith showed up and added deadbolts to the front and back doors. Got an estimate on central heat & air. Plumber came by and looked at what needs to be done. I had him schedule the work for the 24th. Now I have a deadline to get my part done by. Geez, why did I schedule a date for the plumber?

Yeah, he's all about dogz in tha 'hood.
:)
Not to worry, Dennis, a short foray into silliness is ok with him...he sorta likes the attention, point of fact.

Spent the day cutting buckthorn brush from sprouts to 8" diameter. Not used to that much physical labor, so will probably be stiff tomorrow. The younguns complain that they can't keep up when we work together. Suppose I should show them the secret to moving slow and getting work done fast. Nah! Think I'll wait till later and just let them think I am good and fast. Us old farts have to have something up our sleeves.

Seems we all had one of those days! Mine was much the same with no mis-haps but the day should have gone quicker. Had a cracked at the base oak to remove, that went well then three trees along a fence that would have taken no more than a couple hrs. However cars prevented this.= 3+hrs:banghead: Then took out a palm on an island in a pool. Frustrating day in the coordination aspect (vehicles in he way)as the job was scheduled at the end of last week. Looking forward to my own job coordination again for a change :dur:

Home with A J today, for most of it at least. We cut, painted and assembled his pine wood derby car. Got a call this afternoon, lady had the electric company tell her they were going to cut her power off if the meter wasn't better attached to her house. It was the big meter can, thankfully, but still scary as hell working on a live one! I had two2x10's, two rubber mats to stand on, leather gloves etc, but.........
All went well and done in 20 min.

24hrs plus notice, if they feel like it, when they feel like it, yada..................
But yes, I know! Once I saw it was the large box it didn't bother me much, lots of room in them.

Well... Back from the clinic and pharmacy. Rx of antibiotics for Katy Kat. She is in good spirits and the infection should start to subside in a couple days. Keeping an eye on it. Dr. was a tad worried about mercer ... Keeping an eye ... Thanks for the well wishes....

Burnam, that pic of Jasper is a hoot :lol:

Here, the homeowner can do any electrical work themselves that they wish...and if the situation was like Andy describes, the homeowner could have requested the cutoff, and her "friend" Andy could have "stood around and watched" her do the work.

'Course, that's out here in the wild, wild west. :D

Not here, she was told by the power company to have a licensed electrician do the work. They didn't stand over my shoulder watching, I guarantee I did it every bit as good, if not better, than an electrician would have. But, of course, that doesn't matter.

best health to your family Stephan.

i miss my dog. id dress up the cats like that but, well... it would hurt, and then I might be nursing an infection!

today was an interesting day. back in the state park to take down those big firs. first half of the day went really well, second half was a little humbling for me. rigging and roping and felling sticks and medium sized trees is all well within my comfort zone. felling huge trees is a bit outside that zone. rigged out an oak and smaller fir (28" dbh) in the am, went smooth, moved to the big firs (38"-40"? dbh) after lunch. i miss-read the favor on both trees, one quite badly. had to set a line with the bigshot and pull both of them over. the second one we had to use the grcs and a 2:1 ME to pull it, and i had to crank hard! i will put it down to learning. all went well, except we ran out of time and have to go back for the last one. i think i know where its leaning ;). un fortunately we were so preoccupied we forgot to film either of the trees actually falling:|:, and they certainly made quite the boom.

Not here, she was told by the power company to have a licensed electrician do the work. They didn't stand over my shoulder watching, I guarantee I did it every bit as good, if not better, than an electrician would have. But, of course, that doesn't matter.

You know, I'm not actually sure I am correct on the meter side...once it's in the panel, I know I've got it correct, but it could be the way y'all report here as well on the service side.

well saturday i got a call to top and trim some trees. well i set the time to go look at them at 11.00 am that morning. and then i met the guy that called me and then we looked at the tree's he wanted topped and trimmed.well after we got done talking about the trees and stuff he asked what i would charge to trim and top them. and i told him they wasn't all the big and easy to climb and trim them.so i told him i'll do it for 700.00 for all 3 trees. well he then told me that i thought it would be more then that. and i told him that i don't try to burn people like some of the big companies do. well then he came back with a deal that was 500.00 plus a go kart. and said well i had to look at the go kart.well to make a long story short i told him i'll do it for that and i got it done and everything and he told me that it looks really good.then he showed me 2 other trees that a freind of his wanted cut. so i went and looked at them and gave him a price of 500.00 to just drop them like his friend wanted done. so he suppost to call me wnesday to tell em to cvome and cutt them. i'll get some pictures of the go kart and let everyone see it.

This is barely readable dude, you need to step it up with your grammar and it sounds like with your treework. If you're going to put yourself out there as a treeman you need to do the right thing and educate yourself with atleast some basic tree care knowledge so you can advise people on the proper way to care for their trees. Keep it real man, check out the healthcare part of the forum.

Depends on your income bracket.

That would be nice for a change though, to invoice the government for work instead of them constantly invoicing me because I do work.

We're getting some snow round here too. Couple of inches today. I picked up a decent falling job for the week, should be fun. Just tip, limb and buck and let a machine do the cleanup!

Also picked up a great beech prune job I've been working on for a few years, with 2 different companies. Oddly enough, the owners of the tree seem a lot more enthusiastic about having me in now that I run my own show. I actually told them I'd prune the tree for free...just to get a foot in the door and because the tree is an absolute beauty of a copper beech (I dont plan on making a habit of this, but I'm a sucker for a good climb). The owner said he'd pay me for my time, but appreciated the offer. Well, if you insist...

These pics do no justice to the scale and grace of this tree...hastily taken as I left the site. I hope to bring in a good photographer on this one, as I would love to add this tree and a hopefully positive testimonial to my website.

Beauty.jpg
Beauty2.jpg

Back