How'd it go today?

No doubt. Normally if I'm called in by another company it's to do what they cannot and a thank-you seems like atleast common courtesy.

Heh as long as you made your bucks and are home early on a cold day. Bonus.

You rock guys!
Nice getting here after a day like that , share it and getting some good words from you tree brothers!
I'm not that much into Facebook and stuff like that but this place.......:headbang:

Thanks

Marcello

Hit Menards and ordered a vanity & medicine cabinet for the bath and enough insulation to re-insulate the first story of the house. Purchased a new clothes dryer at a shop on the way home. Everything is getting delivered tomorrow morning.

Been hiding out, totally immersed in playing music for a few months & just taking some time off for me, so it is nice to get onto a project of some sort again. Remodeling two rooms while it's cold out.

Hey Dave, good to see you again.

Since today's job cancelled out at 6:30pm last night, I ended up with nothing on the schedule today. I collected a few checks and then spent a couple hours on the bucket truck catching up on some maintenance. Oil, lube and filter. All set for another 3 months, will do fuel and air filters on the next oil change.

It was cold here this am also. Had a crane job scheduled, I plugged the chip truck in last night as usual, its on a timer to switch on 2 hours before we start. Somehow the timer got switched off, Im guessing the power went out. Anyways the starter died on the truck.... Mad rush to figure out what to do, towed chipper with the pickup and chipped into the knuckle boom. I hate rushing around like crazy and having a crane sitting waiting on us......

Anyways this afternoon got a news starter on the chip truck so hopefully will be ready to roll tomorrow....

well saturday i got a call to top and trim some trees. well i set the time to go look at them at 11.00 am that morning. and then i met the guy that called me and then we looked at the tree's he wanted topped and trimmed.well after we got done talking about the trees and stuff he asked what i would charge to trim and top them. and i told him they wasn't all the big and easy to climb and trim them.so i told him i'll do it for 700.00 for all 3 trees. well he then told me that i thought it would be more then that. and i told him that i don't try to burn people like some of the big companies do. well then he came back with a deal that was 500.00 plus a go kart. and said well i had to look at the go kart.well to make a long story short i told him i'll do it for that and i got it done and everything and he told me that it looks really good.then he showed me 2 other trees that a freind of his wanted cut. so i went and looked at them and gave him a price of 500.00 to just drop them like his friend wanted done. so he suppost to call me wnesday to tell em to cvome and cutt them. i'll get some pictures of the go kart and let everyone see it.

Good you're getting some business, Dh.

What about reduction pruning instead of topping their trees?

Some big companies DO burn people, but so do some SMALL companies. Get fair market value and do good quality work. You're name will spread, and you'll be able to afford your insurances, repairs, equipment upgrades, and put money in the bank.

Show us some pics of the work, too--Official Work Pictures Thread.

Kids were enjoying having both Kat and I home today on our day off. Unfortunately, Kat went to bed last night with what seemed to be a cyst forming on the inside of her thigh from what looked like a bug bite or ingrown hair. Woke up this morning with it infected so we started to go to the ER and found out the clinic (which is far cheaper) was open today. SO we are waiting until 4:30 to run back into town to get her looked at and some antibiotics. Kids are all worried about momma... I was going to make some chicken soup, so I guess I have something to do while we wait. :lol:

A guy came to get madrone for his new pizza oven which his kids can't wait to try, just in time...Let it SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW.

Out of the wood shed with the seasoned, now to go put in some green (both ways).

Snow storm moved in yesterday, with a little slackening this morning, now forecast to increase over the next two days about a foot total forecast for here at the house. So far, just 4 inchs at this relatively low elevation.

Only fly in the ointment is my wife is down on the central OR coast visiting her best friend for a girl's long weekend out. Travel is iffy through the coast range, so she's staying overnight instead of heading home today. Might turn into another couple of days more if the weather turns out to match the forecast.

Jasper and I are wearing our boxer shorts in the living room and watching Loony Tunes videos on You Tube :D. We shall survive!

Pics from the porches.

Attachments

• home snow 006.jpg
    home snow 006.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 8
  • home snow 001.jpg
    home snow 001.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 8
  • home snow 009.jpg
    home snow 009.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 9
  • home snow 004.jpg