How'd it go today?

Installing some door trim. Rain day, skipping a lil' pruning job--very laid back appointment. Like that. Just sold a job that has a very pressing timeframe, sometime between now and the beginning of April;).

Elaborate Butch. You saying it goes down too easy and causes folks to drink a dangerous amount? I used to get pretty drunk on it myself. Blew a .25 on the side of the road from drinking that shit when I was younger.

I spent the day in spurs again, but this time I drank water until I was full 3 times during the evening. No problem last night, oh I had a quarter of a banana also. Yesterday my arms and hands were covered with pine pitch, today I wore my Tanager Tree Service long sleeved shirt and a pair of gloves and I was spic and span at the end of the day. Thanks Darin!

Attachments

• Photo1634.jpg
    Photo1634.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 28
Wraptor helped me kick some serious butt today. Never done 10 trees in a day before having to climb them all. All mistletoe maintenance pretty much. I had done all but 3 prior and so mistletoe was light in them. Some up and one cut go down.. One took 2 hours of crown cleaning. Robert was setting up to 3 lines ahead of me. So all I had to do was ascend, get to work, descend, move me and the gear to the awaiting Wraptor on line and up we go again. Would have been closer to a 2 day job with out the Wraptor. HO was extremely impressed! This tool is selling tree work just out of the sheer efficiency and fascination with it. I have been asked more than a couple times where my cape was at :lol:

I split more wood this morning. I hate having those random size logs hanging around so I turn them into firewood instead. I probably have about 10-12 cord split and piled, one piles too green to sell and one is for my own use.

Bid and bagged two jobs this morning, and putzd around.

Terrible day, glued the front legs on two chairs backwards, and didn't catch it until it was dry. Now have to cut and chisel the legs off the tenons without damaging the connecting rail. All that shaping and joinery gone to waste plus the additional two-three days to remake and get back to where I thought I was. Kind of tricky to make. Disgusting mistake, and totally pissed at myself. Been a lot on my mind....still all that was required was a little care. No excuse, what a putz. :roll:

Jay I suggest you go out in the woods and find a good switch and give yourself a whipping you'll never forget8) Either that or just move on....

Terrible day, glued the front legs on two chairs backwards, and didn't catch it until it was dry. Now have to cut and chisel the legs off the tenons without damaging the connecting rail. All that shaping and joinery gone to waste plus the additional two-three days to remake and get back to where I thought I was. Kind of tricky to make. Disgusting mistake, and totally pissed at myself. Been a lot on my mind....still all that was required was a little care. No excuse, what a putz. :roll:

Wait, Jay. Just sell it as is, at a premium "one-of-a-kind" price! Call it pigeon-toed....:lol:

Seriously, hate to hear it. I'm in the midst of a timing belt job on the Xterra. No big deal, I'm just always afraid I'm gonna finish getting all the bolts just right, at the proper torque, then discover I have to undo it all because I forgot something...

Pigeon toed....I read once where someone gave the great Salvador Dali and Louis the 15th chair. He cut one leg short and put it in a glass of beer. When someone walked heavily across the room it fell over. He called it art.

Anyway, just a hassle to make more work for yourself, you guys know how it goes. I'll get it fixed then no bother.

Anyone who actually does anything knows the feeling, Jay...we've all worked against our own progress by some little bit of inattention at some point. I for one can really recognize the anger at oneself when it happens. Been there a time or two for sure.

Back