How'd it go today?

Mounted and installed my homemade solar pop can heater on the side of the shop today, it rocks, even on a cloudy winter day.

Solar1.jpg solar2.jpg

Did our first cabling job with Tree Guard today .... Lilly helped. :) She really liked the hand of the Tree Guard :)
I had already done a prune on the tree about a month ago (except for the one limb over the roof, middle of tree, someone else is responsible :/: ). Simple one. Nice little blue oak the builder and insurance company wanted to remove the whole limb at the stem. The HO and I sold them this :) The limb at the stem past the collar is all of 10+" dia..

Attachments

• PB290001.jpg
    PB290001.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 10
  • PB290003.jpg
    PB290003.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 11
  • PB290004.jpg
    PB290004.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 11
  • PB290005.jpg
    PB290005.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 11
had a good day. Slept in a bit, fiddled on the computer for a bit, did a small cleanup job, dropped some gunk at my storage locker then home to more computer and dinner.

I am experiencing a very slow Treehouse this evening, the last 3 days it has been getting steadily worse, my wait time between new threads etc is about 20 - 30 seconds, anyone else finding this? Everything else on the net is working fine as usual.

Did a storm restoration trim, removed two mostly dead silver maples and planted 2 new red maple variety trees to replace the 2 we took out.

Got back to the yard, split 2 rick of oak firewood and made 2 deliveries. Cold wet weather is coming in, i think the firewood is fixing to pick up a little.

Went and checked on my fires. Raked them all out to make them cook down faster. Pretty much bare dirt around all four of them ... Once I hear the winds come up higher I'll probably want to go check them again. Gal is going to end up with over 4 cord from those two trees we took down on her place. About 2 hours more splitting and stacking and I can bill it out. Then I don't have to go back until January to prune an apple, pear and a walnut. :)

I am experiencing a very slow Treehouse this evening, the last 3 days it has been getting steadily worse, my wait time between new threads etc is about 20 - 30 seconds, anyone else finding this? Everything else on the net is working fine as usual.

Yes, but at random times. Sometimes the page won't even load and times out.

I have a four more oaks to hazard prune and one really nasty dead elm with no lift, a horrible LZ with a greenhouse down hill, new fake wood deck, patio lights, and a garden wall. The elm is a bean pole that I think I am just going to hang it off of the neighboring tree and nip it's trunk wood off piece by piece and then hand carry it (oh my aching back).

I've got some kind of treework to do today, dunno what yet. I've been having some easy crane days lately... it's about time for me to get my ass kicked with a killer trim... I'll soon see! I'm Loving It! :D

Got blown clear out of the woods today.
We were logging fair sized Doug firs, but the wind got worse as the day progressed. After lunch I had one pull the backstrap and take off ( and a nice fat backstrap it was, too) and one compress the hinge and set down on the saw.
When the second one pulled the backstrap, I decided that it was getting to be too much excitement and called it a day.

Had a good day, made a load of chips off storm damage hangers and such this morning. Went across the street from that job and knocked out more hangers, and two damage ornamentals. Stumps ground and got a check. Ahhh

Great day; put in 8 at the shop, then spent a little over an hour tearing apart 4 spruce trees, no cleanup, for some extra cashola.

8)

Had some debris in the road kick up and snap off the fuel line where it exits the passenger side fuel tank this morning. Left a trail all the way across the grocery store parking lot and about 5 gallons on the ground where I stopped. Took me a few minutes to shut off the crossover line and find something to plug the hole until I could get the diesel can empty and situated underneath the tank with a funnel. I ended up catching the rest of the fuel and transferring it to the other tank. Should be an easy fix once I get the right fittings.

I spent a bit of time cleaning up the spill though. Had a couple people coming out and taking pictures, etc. so we covered it with dirt and at the end of the day I shoveled up all the dirt and put it on the truck. Asphalt is made with oil sludge so it's not like the diesel is hurting anything, but some people make such a big deal out of oil spills and act like the EPA should be called and reports filled out over a lousy 5 gallons of diesel.

Yup... and that's the crappy part; you're already irritated with the inconvenience, and people have to aggravate it. :roll:

Wind started up last night so no burning today. We slashed a trail through some brush for a customer that has us cut trails every year for her and her dogs to take walks on. Made piles we can burn later.
Wind is wild, trees breaking out along the way home and came home to some phone calls. Pulled into a parking lot right after the signs blew off the roof and smashed a guys truck window. Another sign came down and hit some merchandise out in front of the hardware store in the same building. Gusts of 50 plus MPH looks like.
See what comes of my return calls and put some soup on ... Might be a long night :D

I guess town, 8 miles out from here, is currently with out power. I would imagine I will soon also be if they have to shut part of the grid down to fix it.
Seth has been outside trying to fly a kite someone gave him. :lol:

The first job was a climb trim and the second was a bucket trim. Easy, just ten thousand cuts!!! :rockon:

Knocked down a good sized cottonwood today. Got some decent pics that I'll post later.

Gotta get my own gear set-up for a personal job tomorrow. Bucket wrecking some bigleaf maple resprouted stumps that are hanging over the houses. $200 for 24 hours on a 50' tow behind bucket-lift. Skip the climbing. A Rare drive-up access job for me. New guy starting tomorrow. First personal job in a couple of weeks.

Just took a break to install our new floor, and hang out with Amy, then Thanksgiving. It was a good break.

Got a few weekends of jobs lined up that I can do without any help, but will likely audition a few guys. Some simple pruning. A couple drop and leave take down and prunes. An inspection or two and light prunes.

Back