How'd it go today?

Better day today. Climbed a few trees, ran ground guy for the other climber a bit, and helped out the bucket guy. Biggest climb yet today, a big 90' red oak. I was tied in around 80', and man, what a great view. Right next to the lake, could see the skyline, awesome views.

Dead wooded two blue oaks while Rob did some thinning on the ground. Burn day so we got to make the slash disappear with out much effort. Had to really pull one and swing it off lean and over a tree to land it up out of a run off gully and above some rocks. Finished one tree, rapped out and fell that one with Rob and all went slick. Then up the next tree. HO happy and is going to schedule some more work, probably a good sized gray pine to fall 180 out of lean.. Some more thinning as well.
Sold the neighbor on some tree killing this spring :)
Good day and I hardly broke a sweat ;)

Spent the morning in and out of meetings in Boston. My brother and I were going to tour a little bit more, but decided to bail when the rain and fog started setting in.

Richard and I have spent the last two days at the school bench, getting certified to work along roads.
We are looking at a gig pruning trees along the roads, and needed certification.
My brain is tired. It was all new stuff to me, about how and where to set road signs and warnings, flagmen etc. And they sure crammed a lot of stuff, both theoretical and practcal into those 2 days.
Today we had to pass a written test. We both passed with full points, so now I can work on and along roads in the whole EU:)

Nice. Just hearing of rule changes about HiViz etc around here for work near roadways etc. lotsa rules to learn!

Got a couple pick up jobs done and saw Katy in town. She had taken Seth to his first playoff game in soccer. I guess his team lost it and had to play another team at 1 PM. SO she was on her way up to drop off Lilly as she has been sick and it was starting to rain. Wyatt watched Lilly, so after the firewood delivery and picking up our hoses at a burn we did yesterday, Rob and I tripped over to the field to watch his second game. Seth was very excited we got to be there. They won and have another game tomorrow.
Now I am just going to make some turkey soup and chill. :)

A day at the condos, storm clean up. Working there is a joke, deal with the rudest people you can imagine. Finished that then chipped some shit at another property I have to clean up. Didn't want to lose it so made it look like something. She was happy. Bro and I did the final coat of paint on my ceiling. Will get the floors done next week hopefully. Woo hoo!

Finally replaced the "Beast" (Suburban). Buying a new car is just not fun, period. We left Marathon at noon, headed to Key West and did not get back till 7pm. John drove the new "Beast" home!!

http://www.nilesgm.com/VehicleDetai..._Box_2_Wheel_Drive_LTZ-Key_West-FL/1339417313

We are not going to paint it right away, we are going to drive around town with out anyone knowing it is us!! Those yellow trucks give us away pretty easy! The link shows a 2012, but ours is a 2011. Same truck, different year.

At least you stuck with a Chevy to turn yellow...
Had it been a Ford... everyone might mistake you for Toby Keith :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TVRzk3VWOKY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some nasty hung up storm damage clean up today. Chased some hangers out of an Oak, two Cherry take downs, two Maple take downs, and some hangers in another Maple. Two loads of chips, a nice load of logs on the trailer, the check and a tip. Ahhh

Nice looking truck, Virginia. I outta upgrade my Silverado, but I'll probably drive the one I've got for the rest of my life!

Lordy, I'm Loving It, but the best thing about working at Mcdonalds is clocking out! One hour there is equal to 1.75 hours anywhere else... :|:

Cut down a tree for my house mover client. Currently he's working on an entire block of residential houses. He won the demo contract and is trying to sell and move as many as possible. They are in a low lying residential neighborhood that has flooded twice in the last 15 years. FEMA awarded them a large sum of money to demo 12 houses and dig a retention pond in order to protect the other 250 houses in the neighborhood from future flooding. I'll be back out soon to cut back along the roadway so he can get the houses out. They will be 40' wide and about 17' tall at the peak.

Hey Gigi! Pat said he used your company for a move he did a few years back in the Keys. Said they had 42 palms along the road that they dug out and laid down, then came back the next day and stood them back up again. This guy is a master at figuring out logistical solutions.

Two games of soccer yesterday and 2 more today. Seth's team lost the first game and sadly the last game with the same team. They had one kid that just seemed unstoppable. Until Seth got on him. Then he came to a standstill. Just too late. Lost by one goal. :(
So just the awards ceremony next weekend and then soccer is at an end.
Replaced fuel lines and grommets in the hedger and made a couple prussics. I am about ready to throw a DVD player out the window. Katy bought this one less than a month ago from her work and it is already dead. Went out to the shed and pulled out one that is over 7 years old.. Works dandy. Oh well.... guess she can always take it back. Just frustrating when you have a couple young uns waiting on a movie (Marly & Me) and you feel like your hands are tied. Happy I kept one back JIC ;)

Back