How'd it go today?

Drained all the parameter plumbing over at the rental so that is almost completely winterized.
Pulled the head off the Willy's today to find a valve seat looking like a captive ring on the rear (#4?) exhaust valve. Bummer. So I will see what I can do and then start talking to a machine shop to see how much they might want to build it back up and machine it back to spec for a new seat. Kind of wallowed out. :( Might just end up sending the engine out and have it rebuilt.. Need to really start taking some measurements and see what I have to work with.
Oh well. Might just find an engine and swap it out for now. Still mulling it over. I'll play with it next weekend. Top for it should be here tomorrow.

First Patch Job...

Some people might say I fixed one of the holes in my Bronco... Others might say I TRIED to fix one of the holes.

Anyway, I gave it a shot.

Critique away. :)

Bronco Patch 007.jpg

Bronco Patch 008.jpg

Bronco Patch 009.jpg

Bronco Patch 013.jpg

did a little side job w/my co-worker. took down a double headed fir and a very dead madrone, everything stays where it falls. love it. put all my gear away and started working on tap handle when a lad calls with a cat in tree. cat jumped as soon as i made a grab for it, hit the ground running. still got paid $70. good day. tomorrow our new hire comes in. i always like working with new people, you never know what you might learn.

Tore apart the 6 liter today. Replacing oil cooler and erg cooler. As well as a few other upgrades while it's apart. Still can't for the life of me figure out why someone thought putting a liquid to liquid cooler where that one is, was the best option.

Not sure where my day went. Went to my house this morning and spread some gravel where I am storing my logs. Waited for a landscaper friend of mine to wake up so I can move logs for him with the mini. Tried telling him that if he keeps on making cuts like the ones on the logs I was moving he's going to be buying someone a new house, or himself new body parts. Didn't even get into his total lack of not knowing anything about PPE, Trees, and chainsaws in general. But he knows better and will continue to be his landscraper self trying to do everything yet doing nothing nice. Whatever.

Went back to my house and moved some more logs. I feel like I'm always moving logs, damnit. Cleaned up some storm damage at my house, then got tired of it so packed up. Did two estimates and went to ashlys parents for some food and tv.

If you buy lots of equipment for moving logs then you'll probably end up moving logs with it. This is precisely why I will never buy a chipper or chip truck.

Lol, I hear ya.

Turns out it's much better than moving them by hand though, I just get bored standing there moving levers, I think I need to add a seat. 8)

I had a customer yesterday say something about how little we work yet we moved so much tree debris around. It was great.

Got the tranny back in the bucket truck, test drive was good. Gotta dump it tomorow and double check fluid level, make sure there wasn't an air bubble in the PTO. Man i'm glad to have that thing functional again. Got a nice job at the Red Lion that I need both trucks for Tuesday

I'm tired. Left the mini home, did some brush dragging. 5 big hangers this morning, some dogwood and pine branch clean up late morning, weeping cherry prune mid day, and the rest of the day getting three big hangers and some snapped and broken stuff on the ground.

I killed two huge pines, nothing to it with a nice crane. No trimming! Hallelujah!!! I hate trimming on my days off... too much effort! Lemme ride that ball, thank you very much!

I did 2 jobs by myself today as we are cramming in a rush job and they keep adding on. Brought in a temp agency brush dragger today as the hill is brutal. Gotta go get the guys from the big job now

Got a super start on a big removal contract in a trailer park today, 38 very large poplars in very tight locations with no crane access.

Burned slash piles all day and then brushed out a spring. Robs parents should be here anytime soon, so we came home a tad early.
Trying, for the life of me, to figure out what is for dinner tonight... Feel a tad brain dead.

Back