How'd it go today?

Al, check out Newegg. When Jason built my computer a couple years ago I got a fantastic deal on monitors there. I picked up two 24" monitors for less than my previous 19" cost me.

And as far as my day today, I had an easy one. Three quick jobs with my landscaper account and finished by 11:30. Came home and gave the bucket truck an oil change and chassis lube. Almost 500 hours on it since my last oil change in June, I remember only running the blue truck 1000 hours per year.

The power supply came from Tiger Direct in Florida .They had a better price than Newegg .109 bucks as opposed to 145 Newegg .Also from what I see on the moniters so far they have better prices also .I've bought stuff from Newegg before and were satisfied with the product and pricing

When Dars and my puters get to the point they become totally obsolete I think I'll probabley build the next two myself .What the hey I work on the damned things at work I'd just as well do my own . Stuff changes so fast though it's nearly impossible to stay in the fast lane so to speak .

I think a lot of these electronic on line places are just brokers who get damned good pricing and redirect the orders because this part came from Ill .No big deal ,it's a business .FWIW Northern hydraulics does the exact same thing .

Well it looks like the labor agreement from Ford is passing .I could get a hundred grand if I retire .Sounds good but with Mrs Smiths health problems it could be gone in the twinkling of an eye .Besides I'm not ready to retire .Maybe in 4 more years I might change my tune .

Worked on a creek bed and a view of it. Tired from walking around in soft sand all day... :P
Came home to some Fed Ex and a check .... starting dinner. Scheduled a prune on that blue oak on a pond I lifted a couple years ago :) Felt good to land that one. Pond is full of turtles as well... Kids have a blast feeding them while we work:)
Robert just got his Motorola Zoom today .. He is stoked and setting it up. I need to find that app that doed distance and height some one posted a while back.

Good day over all... Need to replace my power steering pump and HP hose tomorrow. Oh well... Grease day :P

I'm looking forward to working a saturday this weekend. Six production days plus all the admin stuff I do is a sucky week for me, not much time for getting ready around the place for winter. Gotta make hay while the sunshines here though, not to long before plow season. I'll enjoy the physical break, but a month in you'll all here me whining about how boring it is! Lol.

removed a fairly large callistemon today 20" dia, as well as a large myoporum 22" dia, and pruned an apple. getting all my gear together for Saturdays comp. cant wait but im sure ill forget something:|:

I'm looking forward to working a saturday this weekend. Six production days plus all the admin stuff I do is a sucky week for me, not much time for getting ready around the place for winter. Gotta make hay while the sunshines here though, not to long before plow season. I'll enjoy the physical break, but a month in you'll all here me whining about how boring it is! Lol.

We know

LOL

Today I'm a hired climber. Kinda relaxing now that I think of it. Get up, no worries about gathering all the tools, dealing with the customer, etc. Going to go fuel my truck, then climb some trees. Ahhh.

Have a good day!

Not here. I took out 21 small pines, about 4" to 6".

Had to dig the stumps out as I couldn't get the grinder to them. I was going good until she added the last two at about 3pm and we got a burst of summer temperature.

That last one was a killer. Money was ok though but I sure am enjoying a beer. :drink:

The power supply came from Tiger Direct in Florida .They had a better price than Newegg .109 bucks as opposed to 145 Newegg .Also from what I see on the moniters so far they have better prices also .I've bought stuff from Newegg before and were satisfied with the product and pricing

When Dars and my puters get to the point they become totally obsolete I think I'll probabley build the next two myself .What the hey I work on the damned things at work I'd just as well do my own . Stuff changes so fast though it's nearly impossible to stay in the fast lane so to speak .

I think a lot of these electronic on line places are just brokers who get damned good pricing and redirect the orders because this part came from Ill .No big deal ,it's a business .FWIW Northern hydraulics does the exact same thing .

Al, sir, depending on the power supply, at that price, you got hosed. :(

The unit I used in Jerry's system was on sale at that time for $50.00 and even now it's selling for $60.00. This was for a higher end modular ATX supply (think modern automotive wiring harness style).

Yesterday was a long day, today looks like it's going to be the same way... oh well, I can sleep when I'm dead.

Holy sh#t! Just finished a two day job with a customer from hell. Totally misread her, she ended up being an absolute OCD freak about everything. Almost started crying about a part of the tree and was convinced we took way too much (we just removed the dead branches). Tried to explain that her banyan that is only a few hundred yards from the ocean is bare because of the salt water, not the arborist. She freaked about every leaf in her yard. Took all my patience and energy not to go off on her.

At 6pm last night, sun was setting and she comes out to ask us to blow off some leaves in her yard cause dust was accumulating. This is after bring out buckets and buckets of her crap from her yard so we could go ahead and take care of it. NO way I'm working for this woman again, NO WAY. Sorry, had to rant brutal last few days.

jp:D

I need the work but had to blow off a customer recently. She wanted some woodwork for her kitchen, two chairs and a little cabinet. We settled on a low price for her, then she started to send me letters underlining with a felt pen, "when was I going to have it done"? Even though I had told her clearly previously and it was still many weeks away, I could have lived with that, but it seemed to indicate that something more undesirable was waiting around the bend. One of those always kind of nervous about something types.

Hate customers like that man. We have one, we just plan now when she asks for a day with us, we plan on giving her 3 or 4. Annoying as frig. We put a rock edge in for her once, redid it three times. First time, the rocks were too close, so we moved them about 1/2" apart. Second time, too far apart. Third, still too far. We ended up putting them back the way they were originally.

Today was good, did 4 jobs in a fairly central location. Hung a light in a nice Pin Oak for one, took down a medium osage orange, pretty much horizontal, and then just some quick pruning jobs.

I flew a bucket for six hours - it was great! You can really do some (unnecessary!) fine pruning from a bucket!

Climbed two Oaks to take down on a side of a cliff of an awesome view this morning.

Met the man at the next job and dropped a big assed Tulip and helped them chip and move the logs. Big equipment sure is nice. Moved the logs with an art. Kubota, he grabbed the log truck and scooped them up. A 36"+ DBH tree disappeared in a couple hours. He bought some amazing pizza for lunch, let me loose at 2:30 and I cut some firewood at my house for a couple hours.

Al, sir, depending on the power supply, at that price, you got hosed. :(

The unit I used in Jerry's system was on sale at that time for $50.00 and even now it's selling for $60.00. This was for a higher end modular ATX supply (think modern automotive wiring harness style).
I might have ,really don't know .It is a Corsair tx 850 x whatever that means .It has the plastic shielded cables .Actually on top of the 109 there's a 15 dollar mail in rebate plus I get 20 off on my next order .So theoretically providing I use the purchase thing I have 74 bucks in it .

I went to about a half dozen places and that was a cheap as I could find in that size and make .

When Kenny the guy who built the things did so he got the cheapest he could find .The 400 watt in mine was about 50 bucks in 05-06 and Mama Dars was a pissy little 300 watt which went bad in a year . I replaced it with I think a 700 watt and that one might have been from Newegg .
He also only had 512 of ram on each machine .I put the two 512's in Dars and stuck 2 1.1's in mine .Those were Newegg as well because back then they were the least expensive I could find .

Whoever was handling the rope before the limb hit the ground is obligated to complete his task of tending the rope by removing it from the limb before chipping. The person chipping the brush is responsible for inspecting the brush as it is chipped and watching for obvious foreign objects which could damage the chipper. It takes two people not paying attention for most accidents to happen.

Amen!

Back