How'd it go today?

Bad ass wheels Mr Sqwerl ! :)

Finally finished that PITA job today and again... got more work from it. Got paid and the dude set up some pruning for me at both his house and restaurant. :) I have known this chef and restaurant owner since I moved here in 2000. He used to come eat at the restaurant I worked at every week. This was a good job to get... It just keeps on giving. :)
Even the neighbor came by to say thanks for making sure his place was cleaned up as well..
We had tarps under the truck in the driveway, pressure washed the sticky dust away. Blew down the whole street every day we were there. I guess we made one hell of a good impression :) Really nice feelings as well as just being done with it. Worst mess of a tree I think we have ever done :P

Left friday nite for a camping trip w/ the scouts. My son is a Webelos scout working on his Arrow of Light and a req was to go on a camping trip w/ a boy scout troop so I took the boys w/ a troop of friends. Great weather, great fellowship. We spent 2 nites and got home about noon today. My boys will cross over into a scout troop in Feb and I cant wait for the changes we get to make in our meeting/activity schedules.

I made 3 of the swedish torches and they were a hit w/ the other leaders. (The boys thought they were cool too) I see a wave coming that everyone has/makes them. I used dead scotch pine and they lasted about 2-3 hrs. I also made one from black walnut that lasted longer. funny thing about them, the small part at the bottom that doesnt get cut, doesnt burn either. All three were in the fire pit the next morning. One guy was talking about making some for an upcoming back yard party he's having.

Went to my friend Don's apple pressing today. Tried to get some video but as usual people kept getting in the way or talking about something inappropriate. Drank just enough cider, and had a couple donuts.

It seems the power supply on my puter went poof .Mrs Smith will order one today from Tiger Direct .It had a 400 watt unit which I'll replace with a 750 .

Actually I'd been expecting it to go for sometime .It would do a "double start " pretty much a tell tale sign .

Four guys wearing masks and holding metal baseball bats, help up the little convenience store down the road from my shop. I saw a heavy cop presence during the afternoon and wondered wtf? They got away clean with around five hundred bucks. :roll:
Nice folks operate the store, I hope they weren't too frightened.

Or the likely outcome would have been..

"Give me all your money"

"BANG. BANGBANGBANG"

"Clean up on aisle 12!"

End of story.

There's a Korean couple that have owned the corner convenience store for probably 20 years now (the one by the railroad crossing, Erik) and about once every few years some punk decides it looks like an easy target. The old guy hasn't been successfully robbed yet and has shot several robbers, killed two on separate occasions. Good riddance.

I wonder how I would have reacted had I been in the little store when the robbery went down? I do go in there now and then and have played a lot of baseball as a catcher. Getting hit with a bat is nothing new. Probably fairly easily disarm one and turn out his lights, then hold off the others from the canned goods section. Catch one and the others are also doing time soon enough. I think the offers would be coming in. The cops were there looking for clues again today, young guys and their field outfits looked liked they had never been worn before. I watched them looking at the dirt at the little shrine across the road. Possibly the criminals parked the getaway car there to scram with their five hundred bucks? Not many robberies in this area.

I'm going to at least attempt to clean the garage this morning .It looks as though once again it got hit by a bomb .

Between the wood working projects and a zillion other things I not only can't find a thing plus I'm tripping over 12 and 16 foot long rough cut planks and saw parts .The only saving grace is I was smart enough to at least up clean the sawdust and planer chips as I went lest I be hip deep in the stuff by now .

I have a little black oak a lady wants a reduction prune on. I am tired and really need a day off... Oh well.... Just one of those customers that is hard to deal with sometimes,,,,, Go get it over with,.

woke up to another day of lovely fall weather, 2 cleanup jobs on the book and I might stop in at a third client if I have the time and energy at the end of the day, I want to make hay while the sun shines, not while the snow flies.

Oh it's just a dogs life at times .Mrs Smith would get out her broom if the dog tried to get on her furniture . Well actually all she'd have to do is beller .I've seen many a dog,not to mention people tuck tail .:lol: Voice carries well so speak ,loud .

That is an old couch , set aside for the dogs.
Apart from that, they don't get to use the furniture.

Just got back from Downtown Disney. I drove out there this afternoon to see where tomorrow's job is so I wouldn't be lost in the morning. Highly regulated traffic flow and no u turns permitted on the major roads so you better know where you're going or else be prepared to waste 30 minutes getting turned around. Even in the Mustang it took me three tries and almost an hour to find the correct location. I haven't been out there in 30 years and most of that stuff didn't exist back then.

Anyway, I'm working at the Dolphin and Swan motels tomorrow. The big landscape outfit that just picked up the maintenance account wants to lock me in for about 1 day per month out there just to keep everything tidy. No major hack pruning, just light maintenance, clearance and deadwood type stuff. The whole idea is that they don't want anything looking like it was just pruned, so that ties in perfectly with my philosophy on tree care. Looking forward to nurturing this new account.

Oh I have seen traffic .Chicago ,Cincinnati ,Atlanta ,NYC, Boston ..I've never seen nor do I ever want to see traffic like Orlando ever again .Those people are totally insane the way they drive ,geeze .

Back